Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great now HDB prices going to crash...

Default Great now HDB prices going to crash...

What next......new BTO to down by 30%
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Think those who bought their HDB for the last two years must be really angry ...

talk is cheap ... Kenobi-wan is good at talking ... and did he say "non mature estates" (later day 30% cheaper at Tengah or Coney Island only )

where is the action? if they sell Bidadari at 30% cheaper then I believe ... would they kill the developers by saying that from now on properties are not for investment already??

and did I hear "relative to income"?? with WCS pushing up salary for those below 4k ... very soon family median income for those staying at 4r HDB will hit 10k

and with bananas outperforming Dow, STI and properties ... think hard

Ride at your own risk !!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    What next......new BTO to down by 30%
    Together with condo, ec...all going to drop and crash

30% easy game to play
    1. Change to 50 years lease
    2. Reduce the size
    3. Location that no one wants
    4. Lousy quality

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    30% easy game to play
    1. Change to 50 years lease
    2. Reduce the size
    3. Location that no one wants
    4. Lousy quality
    (5) sell another BTO where MOP is 15y

so MOP is 5y same price, MOP 10y 20% cheaper, MOP 15y 30% cheaper

if hdb crash then wouldnt lky be slapping his own mouth?

click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    lol ... should we become banana traders

it is really sad, i know of a middle class family, husband works only with 3 kids, first he changed his car from normal to weekend car and he took MRT to work, after that even air-cond also must stop operating to save money to fight inflation, next could be piano lessons (600+ for 3 kids)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

it is really sad, i know of a middle class family, husband works only with 3 kids, first he changed his car from normal to weekend car and he took MRT to work, after that even air-cond also must stop operating to save money to fight inflation, next could be piano lessons (600+ for 3 kids)
    At least he still has his job, and more importantly his family (of 3 children).

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    At least he still has his job, and more importantly his family (of 3 children).
    problem is his wage increment can barely catch up with M2/M3 growth

nowadays, only leverage play (be it property, bond) can match M2/M3 growth

Now they rethink....should hdb be a asset that will appreciate?? If it will appreciate, then delink BTO pricing to resale is nonsense and to stay at low price is also nonsense...and if it is going to be sold cheap, and be a non asset type, then they should launch their next BTO cheap cheap, and if ppl want to sell can only sell back HDB, see got ppl buy or not...those who cry father cry mother see this group of ppl will buy.
    These ppl of course want to buy cheap and sell high high later. If u tell them they cannot have profit and can only sell back to hdb, see they want to buy or not....only those really need and those below middle income will buy.

This will then return back to basic.....but the existing >90% households will curse and swear and a wrong move like such, that cater for small group of ppl will cost even more votes.....

bringing down HDB prices will have a MORE drastic effect than expected..in my opinion...but then i could be wrong...most of time i am wrong...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

weird, ST front page write bigbig hdb cheaper by 30%, but zaobao totally never mention this.

but anyway 300k become 200k -- wonder how they implement this.
    Ong lai ah!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    bringing down HDB prices will have a MORE drastic effect than expected..in my opinion...but then i could be wrong...most of time i am wrong...
    Bro, new bto cheap is good leh. They going back to old days of cost plus.

On top of that, I think we gonna see 60 yr lease very soon

talk is cheap ... Kenobi-wan is good at talking ... and did he say "non mature estates" (later day 30% cheaper at Tengah or Coney Island only )

You don't know island is most expensive property? Sentosa island how much?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, new bto cheap is good leh. They going back to old days of cost plus.

On top of that, I think we gonna see 60 yr lease very soon
    Will be shorter lease

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    Will be shorter lease

Do lease matter any more? Nowadays 40 year old 3-room flat in Tiong Bahru also going for nearly half a million.

I think he may start a new "branch" of BTO:

a) 30% or more cheaper
    b) Can sell only at buy price
    c) Cannot be rented out
    d) Very basic design

HDB now very smart, gives people different choices, so all will be happy, give no room for complainers to complain anymore

aiya, sell what....ask hdb to rent lor, solve all problem. it will confirm be affordable. those who can afford, buy, those who cannot, then rent. basic, isn't this basic??
    everyone has a roof! if it is not let to appreciate according to market, then buy for what? if ppl know 20 yrs later the same unit they bought will be of same value or lower, will it be better off to rent? who will buy??
    very simple to test market. launch the next BTO in tiong bahru and tell them they can only sell back to HDB (if they want to upgrade) later at same purchase price or lower, u see got ppl buy or not. isnt this a very good test to the policy whether ppl want it to be an asset and will appreciate according to market forces??

i just got a feeling he might just get from good to bad and as he try to do more, a wrong move might get him to become worst....

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Now they rethink....should hdb be a asset that will appreciate?? If it will appreciate, then delink BTO pricing to resale is nonsense and to stay at low price is also nonsense...and if it is going to be sold cheap, and be a non asset type, then they should launch their next BTO cheap cheap, and if ppl want to sell can only sell back HDB, see got ppl buy or not...those who cry father cry mother see this group of ppl will buy.
    These ppl of course want to buy cheap and sell high high later. If u tell them they cannot have profit and can only sell back to hdb, see they want to buy or not....only those really need and those below middle income will buy.

This will then return back to basic.....but the existing >90% households will curse and swear and a wrong move like such, that cater for small group of ppl will cost even more votes.....

I can teach his 3kids for,half the price if he is serious about saving money.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

you talking about me ah? maybe he already have multiple ppty.. you never know!!!

i also thinkg about downgrading my car and use the cash for more investment. next time my neighbour will also wonder why i change from big jap car to small korean car.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

This is called living beyond the means. No money still learn piano for what? Not trying to be mean, but should prioritis spending. Piano, enrichment are all EXTRA things that kiasu parents think must have.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia

i just got a feeling he might just get from good to bad and as he try to do more, a wrong move might get him to become worst....
    Sigh.... I also have this feeling. After shooting a few bullets, doesn't really do the job.....now getting more desperate, shooting more bullets in different directions......but people are not really getting happier...in fact they are getting more discontented.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    This is called living beyond the means. No money still learn piano for what? Not trying to be mean, but should prioritis spending. Piano, enrichment are all EXTRA things that kiasu parents think must have.
    in your opinion, is extra academic stuff like english/maths tuition more impt, or non academic stuff like dancing, piano more impt?
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by onglai
    weird, ST front page write bigbig hdb cheaper by 30%, but zaobao totally never mention this.

but anyway 300k become 200k -- wonder how they implement this.
    Alamak, simple log, hdb don't go by psf so they never tell you all the bedrooms now are storeroom size. Same size cake cut into 8 pieces instead of 4. Still got cake at half the price so don't grumble anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    Alamak, simple log, hdb don't go by psf so they never tell you all the bedrooms now are storeroom size. Same size cake cut into 8 pieces instead of 4. Still got cake at half the price so don't grumble anymore.
    reducing the lease or size by 1/3 and den lower price by 30% is blantant lies, this will only make pple more tulan.

i expect them to be more clever la... shd have something up their sleeve.
    Ong lai ah!

reducing the lease or size by 1/3 and den lower price by 30% is blantant lies, this will only make pple more tulan.

i expect them to be more clever la... shd have something up their sleeve.
    The private developers have been doing this. Now houses are getting smaller with each launch. Now more and more houses with open kitchen with no windows, including toilets. All use mechanical vents. Developers just sell first and let the buyers solve the headache of maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    The private developers have been doing this. Now houses are getting smaller with each launch. Now more and more houses with open kitchen with no windows, including toilets. All use mechanical vents. Developers just sell first and let the buyers solve the headache of maintenance.
    the mentality & expectation is different. pple buy small area pc to invest/rent it out, but pple buy hdb is for ownstay.
    Ong lai ah!

the mentality & expectation is different. pple buy small area pc to invest/rent it out, but pple buy hdb is for ownstay.
    Small is relative. My storeroom size is a bit exaggerated, just to be sarcastic. But the reality is Singapore is small with limited land. Is difficult to keep same size and yet cheap.