Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I suspect the coming CM8 may have capital gains tax.

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    The earlier measures were half hearted. There appears to be a conflict between younger and older ministers.

While the older ministers want property prices to keep rising because they own many themselves, the younger ministers want prices to fall so they afford to buy their GCB. Even an entry level GCB at S$25 million is out of reach of an average minister's pay.
    Perhaps some of the opposition party's members also want to sell or buy GCBs !!! ????

I personally don't think the current govt will impose "direct" capital gains tax - this can discourage (genuine / longer term) investments.

Whatever the govt does, we still have control over our destiny.Take time to take stock, ride out the downs, take advantage of the ups . . . enjoy peace, serenity and freedom. I am a case in point. Get a little wiser with each passing day, I hope. I have been pessimistic about the market. 2 years ago, I sold my 2nd property, when the yield was over 5%. Then prices went up and up. Any regrets? Sure. But never lost a night's sleep over it. Just this week, I picked up one on the resale market - at a price too good to miss! So my dilemma is whether to pay 7% absd or sell my current one. Even with the absd, I view it as a value buy. So even pessimists can become objective and move with the times. Yes, there may be further CMs . . . but what the hell, it's now or never!

Quote Originally Posted by Doom
    Whatever the govt does, we still have control over our destiny.Take time to take stock, ride out the downs, take advantage of the ups . . . enjoy peace, serenity and freedom. I am a case in point. Get a little wiser with each passing day, I hope. I have been pessimistic about the market. 2 years ago, I sold my 2nd property, when the yield was over 5%. Then prices went up and up. Any regrets? Sure. But never lost a night's sleep over it. Just this week, I picked up one on the resale market - at a price too good to miss! So my dimemma is whether to pay 7% absd or sell my current one. Even with the absd, I view it as a value buy. So even pessimists can become objective and move with the times. Yes, there may be further CMs . . . but what the hell, it's now or never!
    Congrats Instead of "Doom", u can now use "Bloom" (more optimistic)

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    Congrats Instead of "Doom", u can now use "Bloom" (more optimistic)
    How about Boom?

Thanks! What's in a name? I know a guy called Tiny but he's actually a big 130kg fella. And the other day I had a meeting with Baby, expecting a sweet lady but it was a he - with tattoos and looking fierce. As Shakespeare says: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

And what about this DuaNehNehChioBu?

Wonder how HE looks like.

Since China implemented it, Singapore might follow.

For example, they may tell you from 1st August 2013, there will be a 20% capital gains tax. This will cause many people to rush to sell their units before the deadline.
    Do you know how the chinese buy property?

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50142082n

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    ABSD is a capital gain tax.. in a limited form
    ABSD worse than capital gain tax. Sell at a loss also need to pay ABSD.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    ABSD worse than capital gain tax. Sell at a loss also need to pay ABSD.
    well its a deterrent. so it works mah.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

See the post from famously china blogger -capital gain tax wont work lah...出发点好,效果极差

-----

楼市跟国N条较了好几年劲,到这届政府告老也没给好脸,该贵的城市房价依然高,居高不下,老百姓对此怨声载道,发展商也唉声叹气。双方都在等待房价的春天,只不过百姓的春天是房价降,发展商的春天是房价涨,国N条的态度是太极。
    临了(liǎo)临了国N条使出杀手锏——卖二手房获利者征收20%的所得税,试图一招制敌,最终落下一个好名声。可事与愿违,这杀手锏一出,房价非但没降,反倒上涨,令决策者措手不及。我的一个小朋友,夫妻俩咬牙买了一个二手房,71平米,正巧要过户,人家房主指着国N条这一条,坐地加收了3万元,小两口心中无底,忍气吞声地付了240多万元,背负了朋友的债务还同时背负了银行的按揭,拿他自己的话说“心中滴血”。
    最新的国N条与前些日子废了的那黄灯雷同,出发点好,效果极差,一出生即死。简单的分析一下,谁买二手房?一定是没房者,刚性需求;谁卖二手房,一定是有两套房以上者,卖一套也没有住房之虞;买卖之间,谁强谁弱,谁急谁缓,一清二楚。刚性需求者,再涨也得买,除非实在买不起;卖房求利者,不达到心中利润决不会蚀本卖房;所以20%的税立刻转嫁购房者身上,推高房价。卖房者如不能获利,便会以租代售,顺势推高房租价。
    百姓住房是国人的生活资料,不能成为少数人或利益集团牟取暴利的商品。可惜的是大城市的住房已沦为少数人牟利的手段,房子引发的社会问题正在侵蚀我们社会的肌体,而决策者又束手无策,出此下策,除让税务局多征一些税,丝毫撼动不了居高不下的楼市。

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    And what about this DuaNehNehChioBu?

Wonder how HE looks like.
    Looks much better than your ( FT) wife for sure

Quote Originally Posted by DuaNehNehChioBu
    Saw your PM but can't reply because you disabled receiving PM.

My sincere apology if you feel offended.

Quote Originally Posted by DuaNehNehChioBu

Depends on how much the tax. If follow some europle example, 90% tax of capital gains, see can work or not.

LOL

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Well, have to apply to REITs, commercial, industrial, retail, hotels, medical suites, serviced apartments also right other than private properties?

Depends on how much the tax. If follow some europle example, 90% tax of capital gains, see can work or not.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    well its a deterrent. so it works mah.
    precisely, so no need for capital gain tax, which is like profit sharing.

the more the squeeze, likely the faster stocks rise.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Well, have to apply to REITs, commercial, industrial, retail, hotels, medical suites, serviced apartments also right other than private properties?

oh ya, next cm may well be targeted at commercial since HK already made the move.