Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (If) foreigners can't rent hdb, what will they rent then?

Default (If) foreigners can't rent hdb, what will they rent then?

Are there really lots of locals renting? Thank god, still got bros and abangs across the causeways.

click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

not our bloody problem ~

foreigner cannot rent hdb room anymore?

really?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Yeah...push up rental of condos...

MM !!!! But MM also too costly for them. They usually 5 to 6 people rent 3 bedroom. Maybe those super ulu old condos?

just imposing quota, never say cannot mah

foreigner single probably ok, if foreigner family (wife/husband + one kid) then must go condo liao (1br/MM will HUAT again )
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    MM !!!! But MM also too costly for them. They usually 5 to 6 people rent 3 bedroom. Maybe those super ulu old condos?
    MM is still ok for a couple or a couple + baby/small kid (for family income around 8k should be still ok)

For lesser income family, MM far from MRT loh, can be below 2k

SG garmen is determined to weed out foreginers at the lower end xiao liao

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Yup agreed.
    They will have to pack up and leave if they can't find suitable accomodation.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    which salary range is lower end?

these workers will help to occupy those condo that are going to be up in 2014/2015..

basically, their total monthly income to save into bank after minus rental will be lesser..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Talk Talk only, nothing is black and white...

MM rental should go up and the rest will go up too

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    which salary range is lower end?

these workers will help to occupy those condo that are going to be up in 2014/2015..

basically, their total monthly income to save into bank after minus rental will be lesser..
    4k loh ... Wage Credit Scheme is targetting those below 4k by subsidizing wages for SCs ... say you are Pinoy below 4k, you tend to do joint tenancy with other Pinoys earning below 4k ... now garmen will only allow one Pinoy

This basically put off non-Malaysians totally

But there could be concession for a non-citizen family (as long as is wife/children0

govt is jin smart..

know how to make more money

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Yup agreed.
    They will have to pack up and leave if they can't find suitable accomodation.
    Dont be silly. We have many enterpreneurs here... every segment of mkt sure got pple take care one. Lol

http://www.the-idealhome.com

I used their service before while in between houses. Quick, decent n cheap.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

sacrifice another $1000 a month and they can live in condos with security guard and swimming pool.

Those 300+ sq ft one, cannot lah. At least 450 sq ft still can barely make it.

I have seen a few units which belong so some of my friends. Really very small and not livable. Even they agree with me. 1 person who does not have much things maybe still can squeeze. 2 people is impossible. Those location without MRT are now renting out at the lower end of 2k but since they bought < 500k, should be ok. Even 1.5k, also have few hundred dollars back. Can use to pay property tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    Talk Talk only, nothing is black and white...

MM rental should go up and the rest will go up too

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Those 300+ sq ft one, cannot lah. At least 450 sq ft still can barely make it.

I have seen a few units which belong so some of my friends. Really very small and not livable. Even they agree with me. 1 person who does not have much things maybe still can squeeze. 2 people is impossible. Those location without MRT are now renting out at the lower end of 2k but since they bought < 500k, should be ok. Even 1.5k, also have few hundred dollars back. Can use to pay property tax.
    At least 350sqft and up is ok. A 350sqft built-in vs 450sqft with huge balcony, or ledge not much diff. Can just pop by suites @eunos to get a feel of the 366sqft unit. Is ok one.

2 storey hdb shophouse with living quarter Huat Ah! No restriction ah!

Yes. Those 2-storey HDB shophouses with a living quarter can rent out at $2K for the living quarter which is usually a 3-room flat.

HDB shophouses are really very limited in supply as HDB has stopped building them long time ago. If you have spare cash, it is time to buy one of those HDB shophouses. No SSD, no ABSD, no ....

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    2 storey hdb shophouse with living quarter Huat Ah! No restriction ah!

Last edited by MLP; 09-03-13 at 08:34.

Singapore population already 30% foreigners. If like Foo suggested cap non citizen tenants to 10% max, wouldn't that make a HDB block more Singaporean than Singapore? LOL

Govt only curbing rental.. if foreigners chooses to stay FOC with friend in their rented HDB also didn't say cannot... lol... Lower quota only means more people squeezing into one unit and maximizing the numbers allowed in each unit. No more one unit with only 2 people. All have full capacity.. lol..

I wonder how the quota system will work. Do they go by the main subtenant or each and every subtenant is counted?

HDB will need to upgrade its computer system to cope with the calculation of the quotas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Singapore population already 30% foreigners. If like Foo suggested cap non citizen tenants to 10% max, wouldn't that make a HDB block more Singaporean than Singapore? LOL
    Non citizens include PR as well.

More PR will be taking up citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Non citizens include PR as well.

More PR will be taking up citizenship.
    My current main subtenant and partner have already obtained a pink NRIC. I noticed this when submitting for HDB approval for rental last year.

The down side is that one day they may apply and get their own BTO.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I wonder how the quota system will work. Do they go by the main subtenant or each and every subtenant is counted?

HDB will need to upgrade its computer system to cope with the calculation of the quotas.
    It should include each and every tenants in the rental flat. This issue arise from neighbours complaining about big group of ill-behaved tenants.

Implementation will be quite challenging. It will require HDB officers to go around knocking on doors and physically checking on each occupant and their identification documents.

Implementation will be quite challenging. It will require HDB officers to go around knocking on doors and physically checking on each occupant and their identification documents.
    Defining the percentage cap is itself a challenge if Singapore already has 40% foreigner and PR. Is 20% considered ineffective assuming foreigners per unit have a packing density of 8 vs a citizen family of 4? Maybe that's all PAP MPs are arguing for 10-15%.

retirees depending on rental will have to suffer lor. more competition and might only rent to malaysian.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    retirees depending on rental will have to suffer lor. more competition and might only rent to malaysian.
    That is what the noisy people wish for, so be it lah.

Things are getting easier after CEA is formed. Agents will be held responsible.

And for those illegal subletting cases, it depends very much on whistle blowing. The consequences can be quite high. So, imo it is not worth the risk.