Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heard there might be a CM8 on this Friday is it true ?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Then at least we have low unemployment, stability, good security, affordable food, affordable housing. And shitty transport but not everything can be perfect sometimes. So these are things being taken for granted by a lot of people and I think that is a great achievement for a country without natural resources.
    low unemployment does not mean gainful employment
    stability does not mean a resilient society
    can afford housing does not mean housing is affordable
    and affordable food is not something people even mention in years past, to do so now suggests a regression.
    as for public transport no one is asking for perfection bcos there is no such thing as perfection.

without a doubt the benefits of growth and progress of recent decade has eluded the large majority. The ruling party's report card is dismal as evidenced in recent ballot results.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    and affordable food is not something people even mention in years past, to do so now suggests a regression.
    as for public transport no one is asking for perfection bcos there is no such thing as perfection.

without a doubt the benefits of growth and progress of recent decade has eluded the large majority. The ruling party's report card is dismal as evidenced in recent ballot results.
    Conclusion- depends on your own means of affordability, don't depends on others like govt aids etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonlaw
    Conclusion- depends on your own means of affordability, don't depends on others like govt aids etc.
    conclusion - without accountability, the incompetents can still look competent.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I can't see how it benefit the economy as a whole since the so-called risk to bank is over-rated and like shouting "wolf wolf wolf" since 70% LTV is already super safe for banks for own stay! Furthermore, why is there a need for a cap of 30 years loan for investment properties since these properties are supposed to be self-generating revenue and can be rented our for 99 years?! May be for own stay cap at 30 years and for investment property should be able to loan 99 years?

Anyway, regardless of whatever excuses, I only see $$$ into govt coffers!

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    The cash flow is so tight.

There goes the dream of car, condo out of the window.

The "sandwich" class just got made into toast.

There will be many unhappy people in similar situation. Next election PAP has just lost some more supporters for their CMs. Do you think this group of people can see the "perceived" advantage of these CMs for the overall benefit of the economy as a whole? What they see is that it hurts their pockets and dashes their aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Govt is making it difficult for the laymen people from investing in some instrument that has the best long term value with all the cooling measures!
    So much so for the betterment and for the goodness of the people!
    The US goverment didn t stop their people from investing during the parties of 03-07. Neither did the Spanish government. Neither did the Japanese government in the 80s. Look at what happened to all of them. More importantly, look at how long the after effects lasted.

Think "accountability" should be clearly spelled out objective "Key Performance Indicators". It is strange that the govt are strong advocators of KPIs and yet they don't have any clearly and objectively spelled out for themselves for all people to see at the beginning of each year?!

That is because their govt allows 100% loan for properties with no principle repayment is OK and a loan tenure the lifespan of the properties, just like your Singapore govt allows 100% loan for cars and allowed a loan tenure that is the same as the life span of the cars (which is 10 years)! Isn't it strange that they just realize about it?!

Quote Originally Posted by mosaic
    The US goverment didn t stop their people from investing during the parties of 03-07. Neither did the Spanish government. Neither did the Japanese government in the 80s. Look at what happened to all of them. More importantly, look at how long the after effects lasted.

Good things can be twisted to bad things also. As shown below.

Anyway, ballot result can mean 2 things. The ruling party is bad. The people are getting daft. I leave this open but I know which one I will choose. Greece is a good example where people don't vote with their brains. But again, this is subjective.

You mean you can't see the KPI? Like job statistics, salary, housing affordability index, inflation etc.

Anyway, people will choose what to see and what not to see. They will say their salary not high enough to buy a ferrari. They will say COE is for the rich (ya, that is the hard truth). They will complain they cannot buy a luxury condo in Sentosa and is reserved for rich foreigners. When the lift breakdown, they blame PAP and say vote for opposition because PAP has made a small tiny mistake somewhere. And ignoring 90% of the good things.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Think "accountability" should be clearly spelled out objective "Key Performance Indicators". It is strange that the govt are strong advocators of KPIs and yet they don't have any clearly and objectively spelled out for themselves for all people to see at the beginning of each year?!

You mean you can't see the KPI? Like job statistics, salary, housing affordability index, inflation etc.

Anyway, people will choose what to see and what not to see. They will say their salary not high enough to buy a ferrari. They will say COE is for the rich (ya, that is the hard truth). They will complain they cannot buy a luxury condo in Sentosa and is reserved for rich foreigners. When the lift breakdown, they blame PAP and say vote for opposition because PAP has made a small tiny mistake somewhere. And ignoring 90% of the good things.
    Some people lao sai, also blame pap and their policy.
    Some people cannot shit, also blame pap and their policy.
    either way, mickey mouse, donald duck, ben ten, batman, superman, hulk, oron man, spiderman, jack the ripper, shaun the sheep, goofy, pluto, homer, WP, are better than pap.

We have to be objective. If housing is affordable and you twist it become unaffordable, then I think you are really daft. Somemore without any statistics. Worse still, these daft idiots like to pick a few cases and make it big without thinking that there are many cases which are good.

To me, all bullshit and nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Some people lao sai, also blame pap and their policy.
    Some people cannot shit, also blame pap and their policy.
    either way, mickey mouse, donald duck, ben ten, batman, superman, hulk, oron man, spiderman, jack the ripper, shaun the sheep, goofy, pluto, homer, WP, are better than pap.

Default BT ends all speculation

Earlier yesterday, SMSes from property agents were flying furiously about an impending imposition of a prescriptive 30 to 40 per cent mortgage servicing ratio (MSR) cap for private homes supposedly to be effective as early as today.

The Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) confirmed last night that it had received one complaint about a property agent who had sent an SMS to his clients. CEA has approached the estate agency to which he belongs to tell him not to do so.
    "Under the Estate Agents Act, sales persons are required to provide factually correct information to their clients," said a CEA spokesman.

Separately, BT understands that the government is not planning to introduce a prescriptive MSR cap for private home purchases in the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    If I were in the PAP, I would fear for the next GE. Despite so many measures, but it hasn't really improved the lot of the "majority" who live in HDB flats. Now it's even harder to buy a car and upgrade the next property.
    i have a banker fren who used to be staunch PAP supporter. b4 the latest car cooling measure, me and her used to argue everyday about politics. with the recent CM1 on cars and other CMs on houses, i just met her this week. suddenly the tone all different. she says why PAP keep pushing out all these measure, they are killing their own votes, killing all the SME (her SME clients all being affected and some have to close down). she suddenly feel that PAP is not doing the right thing anymore.

and she is upset not even becoz she need to buy car and now cannot buy. that is not a big issue to her. but seeing her clients being wiped out one by one by govt... is something unacceptable to her.

by the way she is one good banker. really helped my co alot during financial crisis.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Lol. Sounds like a vicious rumor from the beginning.

We will find out if it's true today.

talk about ferrari, i thikn the greatest joke is those online who lambast saw phiek hua for driving ferrari. why are they blaming her??? the Board appointed her as CEO and paid her due salary. she is free to enjoy her money. if blame, blame the board for not sacking her when they should have long ago.

this is so red-eye syndrome lor.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    suddenly the tone all different. she says why PAP keep pushing out all these measure, they are killing their own votes, killing all the SME (her SME clients all being affected and some have to close down). she suddenly feel that PAP is not doing the right thing anymore.
    Sometime I feel like a lab rat in PAP's grand laboratory of social experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    Sometime I feel like a lab rat in PAP's grand laboratory of social experiment.
    all of us are worker ants, PAP is the Queen ... a few Mini-males to serve her
    Ride at your own risk !!!

i had a chuckle when i read about my MP commenting that the wage schemes are better than having "minimum wage structure", as proposed by various academics.

if PAP actually sought to better the "minimum wage" proposal, isn't it shooting itself in the foot since it argued that it will be detrimental to companies and cause businesses to be uncompetitive?

and all the while, they are still not addressing the issues contributing to escalating business costs. e.g. when a food stall owner needs to pay $15k in a foodcourt, guess how much will our teh O kosong costs?

Referring to your previous post?

i have a banker fren who used to be staunch PAP supporter. b4 the latest car cooling measure, me and her used to argue everyday about politics. with the recent CM1 on cars and other CMs on houses, i just met her this week. suddenly the tone all different. she says why PAP keep pushing out all these measure, they are killing their own votes, killing all the SME (her SME clients all being affected and some have to close down). she suddenly feel that PAP is not doing the right thing anymore.

and she is upset not even becoz she need to buy car and now cannot buy. that is not a big issue to her. but seeing her clients being wiped out one by one by govt... is something unacceptable to her.

by the way she is one good banker. really helped my co alot during financial crisis.
    if they voted for PAP, then they deserve whatever PAP dishes out to them. LOL

Cars CM is PAP brought it upon themselves one. In the first place, the 7 years, 70% should stay. Once you give, it is difficult to take back.

Housing CM is 50% caused by PAP and 50% caused by excess liquidity. They underbuild HDB from 2006 till 2009 despite people saying that there are not enough flats for them.

SME is killed by oppositions and some singaporeans. They pushing for less foreigners so they have their wish lor.

Minimum wage is bad I would say. I wouldn't recommend MWS. I feel our scheme is better where the government co-pay.

But for hawker, they should stop leasing out to private entity. This one is no brainer.
    A hawker should stay as it is. PAP is shooting themselves again

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    i had a chuckle when i read about my MP commenting that the wage schemes are better than having "minimum wage structure", as proposed by various academics.

if PAP actually sought to better the "minimum wage" proposal, isn't it shooting itself in the foot since it argued that it will be detrimental to companies and cause businesses to be uncompetitive?

and all the while, they are still not addressing the issues contributing to escalating business costs. e.g. when a food stall owner needs to pay $15k in a foodcourt, guess how much will our teh O kosong costs?

It is amazing to know 10 resale hdb flats has done deal of at least $900k after the last CM. What is KBW doing about it? They can say 80 plus percent is staying in HDB flats. A detailed study may show that more are staying in condo and renting out hdb flats.

Minimum wage is bad I would say. I wouldn't recommend MWS. I feel our scheme is better where the government co-pay.

But for hawker, they should stop leasing out to private entity. This one is no brainer.
    A hawker should stay as it is. PAP is shooting themselves again
    personally, i am not too sure about the co-funding of wage increments. after 3 years of co-subsidies, the firms are screwed.

and teh O kosong is easily more than a dollar nowadays, depending on location!

for the record if i were to buy a car and a house today under new ruling i DO NOT think i can afford the dp........god bless younger sporeans...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It is amazing to know 10 resale hdb flats has done deal of at least $900k after the last CM. What is KBW doing about it? They can say 80 plus percent is staying in HDB flats. A detailed study may show that more are staying in condo and renting out hdb flats.
    last month hdb resale transactions PLUNGED to 750 units...half that of a year ago...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

You did not see the trend that the richer ones can purchase them while the rest just have to stay put.
    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    last month hdb resale transactions PLUNGED to 750 units...half that of a year ago...

You did not see the trend that the richer ones can purchase them while the rest just have to stay put.
    just like all the data in spore always got loophole for the rich...money is KING

That is why have been accumulating bullets since the 2nd CM.
    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    just like all the data in spore always got loophole for the rich...money is KING

That is why have been accumulating bullets since the 2nd CM.
    Bro, accumulating bullet is one thing.... if you already have assets generating passive income, your bullet automatically reload....

Hahahahahahaha