Thread: Sinkhole along Clementi Road

Default Sinkhole along Clementi Road

A motorcyclist was injured while trying to avoid a sinkhole, measuring about 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep according to STOMPer Daniel, that appeared on Clementi Road near the National University of Singapore yesterday afternoon.

The STOMPer also said that he called the police for assistance, and that the motorcyclist was eventually conveyed to a hospital on an ambulance.

In his report, STOMPer Daniel wrote:

"I was sending my daughter to NUS for her exam when I saw the hole near the University Flyover on Clementi Road at 2.15pm yesterday (Mar 05).

"It was on the other side of the road so I made a u-turn to check it out.

"When I got there, I saw a motorcyclist who stood in front of the hole to warn others about the hole.

"The hole was about 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep.

"I also saw a friend there at the scene and spoke to the motorcyclist, who told us that his arm was in pain after he managed to avoid the sinkhole by swerving away in time.

"As such, my friend and I called the police to request for assistance.

"When the motorcyclist was conveyed to a hospital in an ambulance, I parked my pick-up in front of the hole and helped to divert traffic there."

This sinkhole sighting is the second one reported this year after several STOMPers wrote in about a car which fell into a sinkhole along Keppel Road in January.

In response to a query from STOMP, the Police confirmed the appearance of a sinkhole there.

A spokesperson for the Singapore Police Force said:

"Police received a call on Mar 4 at 1.39pm requesting for assistance along Clementi Road towards West Coast.

"Upon police's arrival, it was established that a pothole was found at the said location.

"No injuries were reported.

"The relevant authorities were notified, and police assistance was no longer required."
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

First in the US, then in China... now in Singapore.

Spooky.. like from a sci-fi movie

Quote Originally Posted by roly8

A motorcyclist was injured while trying to avoid a sinkhole, measuring about 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep according to STOMPer Daniel, that appeared on Clementi Road near the National University of Singapore yesterday afternoon.

The STOMPer also said that he called the police for assistance, and that the motorcyclist was eventually conveyed to a hospital on an ambulance.

In his report, STOMPer Daniel wrote:

"I was sending my daughter to NUS for her exam when I saw the hole near the University Flyover on Clementi Road at 2.15pm yesterday (Mar 05).

"It was on the other side of the road so I made a u-turn to check it out.

"When I got there, I saw a motorcyclist who stood in front of the hole to warn others about the hole.

"The hole was about 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep.

"I also saw a friend there at the scene and spoke to the motorcyclist, who told us that his arm was in pain after he managed to avoid the sinkhole by swerving away in time.

"As such, my friend and I called the police to request for assistance.

"When the motorcyclist was conveyed to a hospital in an ambulance, I parked my pick-up in front of the hole and helped to divert traffic there."

This sinkhole sighting is the second one reported this year after several STOMPers wrote in about a car which fell into a sinkhole along Keppel Road in January.

In response to a query from STOMP, the Police confirmed the appearance of a sinkhole there.

A spokesperson for the Singapore Police Force said:

"Police received a call on Mar 4 at 1.39pm requesting for assistance along Clementi Road towards West Coast.

"Upon police's arrival, it was established that a pothole was found at the said location.

"No injuries were reported.

"The relevant authorities were notified, and police assistance was no longer required."
    There a vast different between a pothole and a sink hole.
    Pothole refers to damange or dent to the road surface while sinkhole is the disolution of underneath earth causing a depression.

Like wise , ponding and flooding the entire not the same...

you know, just like some organisations mix up FW and FT.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

The injured can claim from LTA right, if he is not insured?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    you know, just like some organisations mix up FW and FT.
    Lol, that true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    The injured can claim from LTA right, if he is not insured?
    Very had to proof the case of tort if is a pothole, while sinkhole is the act of god ...

Count that he is 'lucky' lor.. Lol

whatever it is, best is blame PAP. confirm many supporters!
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

the next big news would be sinkhole causes building to collapse....this is a result of overbuilding and digging

Clementi sinkhole collapses again

From straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/clementi-sinkhole-collapses-again-20130308

A patched-up sinkhole in the centre lane of Clementi Road collapsed again on Friday.

The gaping hole, about 2-metre wide and 3-metre deep, was first discovered on Monday.

A motorcyclist hurt his hand while trying to avoid the sinkhole. The Land Transport Authority repaired the hole on the same day.

But the tar covering the hole appeared to have collapsed on Friday. There were chunks of concrete and sand at the bottom of the hole which appeared to be around 1-m deep.

A team of contractors and workers were at the scene investigating the incident.
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8

From straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/clementi-sinkhole-collapses-again-20130308

A patched-up sinkhole in the centre lane of Clementi Road collapsed again on Friday.

The gaping hole, about 2-metre wide and 3-metre deep, was first discovered on Monday.

A motorcyclist hurt his hand while trying to avoid the sinkhole. The Land Transport Authority repaired the hole on the same day.

But the tar covering the hole appeared to have collapsed on Friday. There were chunks of concrete and sand at the bottom of the hole which appeared to be around 1-m deep.

A team of contractors and workers were at the scene investigating the incident.
    Batching up sinkhole, just like reclaim land , take time to settle and more over is in the road which subject to vibration ..

Got to be careful when drive pass there.., sign boad must put up to cation drivers too..