Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curious: East Vs West Sun for Feng Shui

Default Curious: East Vs West Sun for Feng Shui

After viewing some units, noticed the units that kena west sun is priced much lower than those that got east sun. I know west sun is hot, isn't east sun just as hot? Still N-S is the best but sometimes east west facing units are unavoidable. Any comments?

got $$$, then got talk..

most of the better units with NS facing will ask for more higher price..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

In general avoid west sun cos it is hot.
    But if you are an aircon person, then it makes little difference.

Then if you believe in almanac that you are a west person then you might prefer west facing.

Quote Originally Posted by ahchee
    After viewing some units, noticed the units that kena west sun is priced much lower than those that got east sun. I know west sun is hot, isn't east sun just as hot? Still N-S is the best but sometimes east west facing units are unavoidable. Any comments?
    cos if your unit is west facing, the afternoon sun heats up your unit and you will feel its warm even well into the night.

Mine is N-S facing, but being a corner unit, one side of the walls also gets the afternoon sun. So we can feel the wall is warm at night and we have to on the aircon most of the time. If not, cannot sleep lah.

No probs if u on air-con... and west facing houses are brighter
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock
    No probs if u on air-con... and west facing houses are brighter
    Utility bill will be higher bcos air conditioner has to cool the heat radiating from tgethe west-facing wall besides the air in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Utility bill will be higher bcos air conditioner has to cool the heat radiating from tgethe west-facing wall besides the air in the room.
    Yes, correct. However, with the newer inverter aircons, the pain on the pocket is lesser as they consume a lot lesser power than the non-inverter ones.

Now live in NE-SW facing, never experience east sun house before. Anybody with east sun experience? In the morning must wake up early early cannot sleep huh?

If unit is facing East Sun and facing pool, price is even higher?

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    If unit is facing East Sun and facing pool, price is even higher?
    Ya, I suppose pay for pool view, not the East Sun?

Now live in NE-SW facing, never experience east sun house before. Anybody with east sun experience? In the morning must wake up early early cannot sleep huh?
    The concern is more on the brightness than the heat. Just fix darker curtains can already.

Ya, I suppose pay for pool view, not the East Sun?
    Is unit facing more about fengshui than actual practicality?

Quote Originally Posted by Tek888
    The concern is more on the brightness than the heat. Just fix darker curtains can already.
    Good fix! And just continue with aircon

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    Is unit facing more about fengshui than actual practicality?
    Never bother about checking FS . Just practicality concerned.

last time face inside has good privacy .. nowadays all projects so cramped .. face inside means can shake hand to the girl next door so nowadays better choose face outside having unblocked view as long as not direct west sun facing

of course some prefer to buy 3rd floor to look at bikini girls then best lah

8@Mount Sophia .. supposed to be CCR

Ride at your own risk !!!

Wondering anyone has experience with West sun shining on bedroom wall. But bedroom window opens up to South.

This unit is at end of the building so the wall of bedroom is West and sun shines on West wall of building in afternoon.

Will the room be very warm?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    last time face inside has good privacy .. nowadays all projects so cramped .. face inside means can shake hand to the girl next door so nowadays better choose face outside having unblocked view as long as not direct west sun facing

of course some prefer to buy 3rd floor to look at bikini girls then best lah

8@Mount Sophia .. supposed to be CCR

Nowadays can see what other people are doing in their BR/living room. So pai seh

Nowadays can see what other people are doing in their BR/living room. So pai seh
    Edison Chan type will like it, not paiseh
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I HATE EAST SUN. it's like early morning u feel the sun coming into the windows and you can't even sit in the balcony and have a leisurely breakfast.

WEST SUN anytime. First, you can have your leisurely breakfast and lunch. When the west sun is in during early evening, I'm not even at home. And the heat dissipates very quickly because at night is cooling and the heat dissipates. The WORST is east sun. Its heats up the walls in the morning and noon and when afternoon comes, the heat cannot escape and gets trapped the whole time. I've lived in an east sun unit before and I will NEVER buy east sun facing again. I think there is a lot of myth about west sun. And of course evening sun is beautiful when u look at the sky. As for heat, there's nothing a good curtain cannot solve.

It depends on your lifestyle of course. Got sunlight into the hse better than those dark and dingy houses - I've seen some condos literally facing next unit or a WALL. Might as well stay in the dungeons like Ion basement. It's funny how Asians are anti-sunlight. Got view better than no view. What's the point of buying a house with no sun and no view right? Would you prefer to stay in basement? And people who stayed in landed usually face all directions - north south east west and yet they are ok.
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 28-02-13 at 10:43.

I also agree that room with East sun coming in is very hot especially for someone who sleeps in late. I once jumped up due to heat on my legs. Burnt by the sun.

I'm now looking at a unit with West sun on the wall which is also the wall of the unit master bedroom. Will it be hot too? 'Coz it's one whole wall and may trap heat.

No experience with that. Can someone advise?

Quote Originally Posted by TravieJackie
    I also agree that room with East sun coming in is very hot especially for someone who sleeps in late. I once jumped up due to heat on my legs. Burnt by the sun.

I'm now looking at a unit with West sun on the wall which is also the wall of the unit master bedroom. Will it be hot too? 'Coz it's one whole wall and may trap heat.

No experience with that. Can someone advise?
    From what others say - if got choice then avoid. If cannot, then use aircon.
    This is one factor, also need to consider other factors.

If it's just one wall with west sun, should be ok lah. As I've mentioned earlier, the west sun's impact is usually evening time, i.e. 5pm thereabouts. So you actually have the whole morning and early afternoon without the west sun impact. And when it comes, just draw curtains lor. And imagine if you work Mon to Fri, 5pm you are not even at home. And because temperature is already low in the night, the heat will dissipate almost immediately and wont' be trapped. And in you case, is not even windows face west sun, its just one WALL face west sun. I think the impact is negligible. If you like the unit, just buy. Don't just let one wall face west sun stop you from buying.

And of course it depends on your lifestyle which I can't advise. I know for sure some people like me is dead against east sun. And if you are renting, no difference. The ang mohs and tenants usually don't care much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I HATE EAST SUN. it's like early morning u feel the sun coming into the windows and you can't even sit in the balcony and have a leisurely breakfast.

WEST SUN anytime. First, you can have your leisurely breakfast and lunch. When the west sun is in during early evening, I'm not even at home. And the heat dissipates very quickly because at night is cooling and the heat dissipates. The WORST is east sun. Its heats up the walls in the morning and noon and when afternoon comes, the heat cannot escape and gets trapped the whole time. I've lived in an east sun unit before and I will NEVER buy east sun facing again. I think there is a lot of myth about west sun. And of course evening sun is beautiful when u look at the sky. As for heat, there's nothing a good curtain cannot solve.

It depends on your lifestyle of course. Got sunlight into the hse better than those dark and dingy houses - I've seen some condos literally facing next unit or a WALL. Might as well stay in the dungeons like Ion basement. It's funny how Asians are anti-sunlight. Got view better than no view. What's the point of buying a house with no sun and no view right? Would you prefer to stay in basement? And people who stayed in landed usually face all directions - north south east west and yet they are ok.
    Overall preference is still for East facing over West facing in tropical climate countries.
    N'S facing is still the most ideal n will be much easier to sell yr unit with a better price barring all other factors..

west sun is hotter it makes the house like an oven. but you will have FS master telling certain people that west sun is good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish
    west sun is hotter it makes the house like an oven. but you will have FS master telling certain people that west sun is good for them.
    Yes, heard about this. If buy for own use, must check FS especially for breadwinner of family - cannot satisfy every family member lah. If buy for renting/vesting, who cares? At most tenants got grilled like BBQ, haha! But when comes to selling, buyers will be picky.

Wah.. how many of you engaged a FSM before buying a place?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

And of course it depends on your lifestyle which I can't advise. I know for sure some people like me is dead against east sun. And if you are renting, no difference. The ang mohs and tenants usually don't care much.
    i had a unit facing west sun, and every 2 years change tenant, they had enough of the sun.

Non of them Ang mohs tho...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    i had a unit facing west sun, and every 2 years change tenant, they had enough of the sun.

Non of them Ang mohs tho...
    Agents tell me caucasians love west facing units cos they love the sun!

How true is that ??

How to use a compass?

Gua number will determine if you are east or west person.

http://www.circle-of-light.com/fengshui/fs-kua.html

Must calculate using lunar calendar.

http://www.prokerala.com/general/cal...hinese-age.php
    Last edited by buttercarp; 28-02-13 at 12:24.