Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Next COE bidding??

Default Next COE bidding??

Place your bets...Cat A=50k....75k...100k...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

60-70k for 2 months, stabilize and up again
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I am thinking of picking up a small car for my son.
    Any suggestion?
    OMV $20,000 please

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Any suggestion?
    OMV $20,000 please
    Honda Fit (parallel import) - very economical car (yowetan's car).
    However no spare tyre.
    Honda Jazz is the original version and slightly more expensive, but very economical car (radha's wife's former car).

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Place your bets...Cat A=50k....75k...100k...
    Maybe not next COE bidding as cars have been ordered prior to budget speech and dealer has to honour the guaranteed COE, unless buyer withdraws.

Perhaps :

Cat A = 40k
    Cat B = 60k

Then 6 months later
    Cat A = 20k
    Cat B = 30k

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    However no spare tyre.
    Honda Jazz is the original version and slightly more expensive, but very economical car (radha's wife's former car).
    as for yowetan's car, secret is dealers will knock off another $2000, if you opt for the version that doesn't come with side and rear view mirrors and another $1000 if you forgo the steering wheel

However no spare tyre.
    Butter
    what business you are in? car registration for SgCondo?

Maybe not next COE bidding as cars have been ordered prior to budget speech and dealer has to honour the guaranteed COE, unless buyer withdraws.

Perhaps :

Cat A = 40k
    Cat B = 60k

Then 6 months later
    Cat A = 20k
    Cat B = 30k

if this is true then power can go in already for me

However no spare tyre.
    honda jazz OMV is more than 20k though. Get Fit or vios also not bad in terms of FC as well ?

Butter
    what business you are in? car registration for SgCondo?
    My father was a part time used car sales man many years ago, so I grew up with "many" cars.

Quote Originally Posted by danguard
    honda jazz OMV is more than 20k though. Get Fit or vios also not bad in terms of FC as well ?
    That one is 1.5L.
    1.3L Honda Jazz omv is below $20K.

How about VW Jetta? Says here OMV is $19k to $21k. I'd suggest the VW Scirocco, but that costs more.

Any suggestion?
    OMV $20,000 please

However no spare tyre.
    Yup no regrets honda jazz...except the price $$$
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

My father was a part time used car sales man many years ago, so I grew up with "many" cars.
    many years from now my daughter will tell her friends the same thing my father was a used car dealer..haha...no la...but i owned almost 20 cars in my life...datsun 100a/120y nissan sunny toyota starlet/corolla/corona....honda civic/jazz/...toyota vios...suzuki ignis...renault 5 turbo....proton wira/gen 2...perodua kelisa....subaru impreza....mazda 323 GT...etc etc....OMG...thats sad...all low end cars......should have just bought properties...

many years from now my daughter will tell her friends the same thing my father was a used car dealer..haha...no la...but i owned almost 20 cars in my life...datsun 100a/120y nissan sunny toyota starlet/corolla/corona....honda civic/jazz/...toyota vios...suzuki ignis...renault 5 turbo....proton wira/gen 2...perodua kelisa....subaru impreza....mazda 323 GT...etc etc....OMG...thats sad...all low end cars......should have just bought properties...
    If only u stayed faithful on a car, properly now u own at least few pty..
    Every time change car is talking about how much u lose ..

That one is 1.5L.
    1.3L Honda Jazz omv is below $20K.
    My 1.3 litre Honda jazz is OMV above 20k ... It's my own car so pls no doubt me on this

Which car would be best value for horsepower heh - my jazz is mod (max permissible legal extent) but there is a cap on how much u can mod for the car. Which of the above would be able to have best mod potential for horsepower and yet no cause a big dent in pocket ?

Seems like Honda have pretty high OMV... for 1st timer, got for a reliable one like Toyota
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Anyway, the next bidding might not see a drastic drop as there should be some backlogs. The Apr bidding onwards will be the barometer for the next half of the year
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Which car would be best value for horsepower heh - my jazz is mod (max permissible legal extent) but there is a cap on how much u can mod for the car. Which of the above would be able to have best mod potential for horsepower and yet no cause a big dent in pocket ?
    Personally I think leave it stock is best. Cos the among spend on mod vs the gain ( be it fuel or power) don justify .

My 1.3 litre Honda jazz is OMV above 20k ... It's my own car so pls no doubt me on this
    Ooops !
    Out from the horses mouth is usually more accurate.
    Thanks.

I got my info from http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publis...ket_value.html

But they say "The OMV obtained serves as your reference only and may differ from the actual OMV of the car you wish to purchase."

Never own a car in Singapore, after spending so many years oversea still don't believe in owning a car in Singapore prefer people to drive me around.

u want power jazz cmi...but the fit 1.5RS is fast...i play play before with my ignis sports...u see the picture in my nick that is my all time favourite car i own...civic Sir...i mod until like 3rm flat become condo......that one super fast and cheap to maintain...now i play vios(my wife car)...but dont want to zheng la....enough is enough...power is NOTHING without control...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    If only u stayed faithful on a car, properly now u own at least few pty..
    Every time change car is talking about how much u lose ..
    bro you are ABSOLUTELY right...now i am wiser and can only teach my children dont make same mistake as me.......take bus and spend all your money buy house...sure win...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Personally I think leave it stock is best. Cos the among spend on mod vs the gain ( be it fuel or power) don justify .
    after i drive and mod so many car...u are right stock is best..speed thrills but kills....

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Never own a car in Singapore, after spending so many years oversea still don't believe in owning a car in Singapore prefer people to drive me around.
    four letter word....TAXI...

subaru wrx/sti

BMW, Bus MRT Walk.

With BMW, I spend 100k on 2 Bedroom in Jun 2006 instead of car.

Quote Originally Posted by Night
    subaru wrx/sti
    where to find ...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/i...=326741&DL=500

after i drive and mod so many car...u are right stock is best..speed thrills but kills....
    You are right, power without control kill.
    When upgrade from NA, u later find brake need to upgrade say 4 or 6 pot..
    Later find out , brake distribution not even , then need to upgrade rear brake and force distribution .... Nn end ...

and best.. Kana TP, all revert to NA..