Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tharman going after high end properties investor /owner

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    With CM7, how many in this forum are buying another investment property??? Hahahahahaha. What does this mean to the rental market????
    Did u read the Sunday times on CEO waiting table? Tung Lok not expanding? No capability to come out new dishes? What is the paper trying to tell you???

So in a couple of years, if everything is constant, what will happen to rental market???

bro chestnut, i was thinking of you when i wrote small peanuts or big chestnuts and here you are really long life

less people buy ==> more people rent.
    but less workers ===> less people rent.
    however more qualified people come ===> mass market rental still good.
    however property tax hikes ===> rental cooling measure ===> yield gets hammered.

correct or not?
    waiting for bro chestnut to mark ...

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Why huat? AV will drop so less tax?
    Huat because MM will increase in demand and prices will trend up.

And as an asset class it continues to be relevant for the astute (ngeow ji) investor.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    yes, that is my reading also. maybe only very slight la. but my advice is to keep silence on MM from now on, i dun mean here but outside when u meet other real life friends or the mass media.
    Here we share good money making lobang. Outside??? dan ku ku lor....

They are not initiated into the 'circle'

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Property tax is immaterial. Just to con the people who don't know. The $150k AV landed property is a GCB and property tax is only $5k. Does it matter?
    Its $5k more but yes its really just loose change for these folks... lol.. however, govt smart, coz can get couple of millions from these group of home owners...

He does not suffer increase in tax
    no wonder my friend complaining so much... his increase in tax is almost at the top of the table. understand the power of mm now - whether single or multiples.

A Owner of 10 MM n a owner of a landed ?

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    no wonder my friend complaining so much... his increase in tax is almost at the top of the table. understand the power of mm now - whether single or multiples.
    Yep. Have repeated multiple times in both my Community Service series and Eats Shoots and Lives.

Now things are speaking for themselves.

Did you even hear Minister say 3M?

I did.

Medisave, Medishield, Medifund la. LOL

Bro, the govt is now selective of who they bring in. Think sign on in early days(pension scheme, then 6 yr contract, then less, then don't want u).

Think why cm7, restricting of investment ownership, if not price will cheong.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    bro chestnut, i was thinking of you when i wrote small peanuts or big chestnuts and here you are really long life

Property tax hike is minimal. Minimal pain. The pain is felt by the people who have 1 unit to stay and those with 1 unit and 1 investment. Every new condo of 1 mil will result in 70k or 100k respectively. Faint. I will take property tax hike anyday.

less people buy ==> more people rent.
    but less workers ===> less people rent.
    however more qualified people come ===> mass market rental still good.
    however property tax hikes ===> rental cooling measure ===> yield gets hammered.

correct or not?
    waiting for bro chestnut to mark ...

All game over. Hv to move to exit door

Govt just doing what the masses asked for and giving them what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    1 way up..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Here we share good money making lobang. Outside??? dan ku ku lor....

They are not initiated into the 'circle'
    ya lor. outside everywhere PAP bashing. here still got supporter still surviving.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

all stop buying , don't let the gov take your hard earned $$...

all stop buying , don't let the gov take your hard earned $$...

Bro, that's the govt intent. First timers will benefit. Those who did not buy investment properties will now be an expert in stocks, bonds, etf, dual currency. Relationship banking will prosper because Singaporeans don't know how invest. Those who have invested, consider yourself LUCKY.

mcm, u HUAT. MM will continue to cheong. MM at 600k, damage is 60k. Condo of 1 mil, damage is 100k. 60 k easier to swallow. See all the low quantum condos being snapped up. If u buy sentosa say at 4 mil, absd is a whooping 400k. Haven't include 3% standard tax. Hahahaha

Move to overseas investment. E.g. KL.

Bro, that's the govt intent. First timers will benefit. Those who did not buy investment properties will now be an expert in stocks, bonds, etf, dual currency. Relationship banking will prosper because Singaporeans don't know how invest. Those who have invested, consider yourself LUCKY.

mcm, u HUAT. MM will continue to cheong. MM at 600k, damage is 60k. Condo of 1 mil, damage is 100k. 60 k easier to swallow. See all the low quantum condos being snapped up. If u buy sentosa say at 4 mil, absd is a whooping 400k. Haven't include 3% standard tax. Hahahaha
    bro nutnut

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Lol..... OCR huat.... at least government being fair now....

Everytime CCR huat, then they are really too elitist.
    huat? hah hah...
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Govt intent? Maybe, but that explain why Malaysia , KL, Iskandar project will be very hot next few weeks to years ahead.
    Compare invest in Singapore vs Malaysia now, it a clear cut answer, hope this not "Govt intent" too

bro

i have a slightly different perspective

i dont think first timer really benefit ..

not that they are buying any cheaper ...
    govt is holding the hands and legs of the rest and letting first timer buy

after they buy what happens ? prices will not see appreciation like how it used to ...

in effect they are buying at the high and probably wont see much paper gain for the next few years ..

unlike in the past .. we literally see profit every mth

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Govt just doing what the masses asked for and giving them what they want.

yes. and with that will induce inflation. like it or not the people who ask for what they want donno what they are asking for.

without skill set increase they wont last after 3 yrs.. if not consumers will have to pay a hefty price for it.

So to me the writing is on the wall. be prepared for increase in price in yrs a ahead coz we want to see less FT. And want wage increase.

So construction worker levy increase. Min wage for Spass 2.2K up from 2K. wage increase up to pm salary of 4K 30% for 3ys government funded. after 3 yrs? business close go JB? or fire the guy? or pass the cost to consumer?

take ur pick.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    Govt intent? Maybe, but that explain why Malaysia , KL, Iskandar project will be very hot next few weeks to years ahead.
    Compare invest in Singapore vs Malaysia now, it a clear cut answer, hope this not "Govt intent" too
    Bro, govt must take care of Singaporeans rite. What is the bare minimum aspiration of the typical Singaporean.

- condo
    - car

so for condo, they made it possible for first timers. If not everyone will buy to invest rite. Too bad for those who did not catch the boat. Now how, price hold steady or drop abit rite. But cannot invest Liao. Price drop 5 % still more expensive to buy with absd of 7 for second and 10% for third and above. Hahaha. For overseas, please be smart and find good financing. If not interest rate will "kill" you. Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT

Malaysia will be a happy camper. all the SME will run to JB and property investor pump $ there..

Complain and complain? end up all suck thumb. now only way? still the same old way. everyone need to improve skill set. pls get ready to work longer. Why? Coz to keep workers in the work force longer dont expect too much benefit in later life. Coz if got benefit why would the older worker come out to work?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Bro, this people said they cannot afford condo. They did not say they want prices to shoot up after they buy rite. So at least their aspiration of staying in condo met rite.

How to have the cake and eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    bro

i have a slightly different perspective

i dont think first timer really benefit ..

not that they are buying any cheaper ...
    govt is holding the hands and legs of the rest and letting first timer buy

after they buy what happens ? prices will not see appreciation like how it used to ...

in effect they are buying at the high and probably wont see much paper gain for the next few years ..

unlike in the past .. we literally see profit every mth

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Malaysia will be a happy camper. all the SME will run to JB and property investor pump $ there..

Complain and complain? end up all suck thumb.
    Bro, that again is the intent of govt. shift all "unwanted" stuff up north.

JB is like upcountry.

I think the government is trying very hard to protect its citizens from perhaps an impending financial crisis.

CM7, now CM for cars, increase tax on investment properties, etc.

The message is loud and clear : Buy only if you can afford it, don't overstretch.

Bro, that again is the intent of govt. shift all "unwanted" stuff up north.

JB is like upcountry.
    true.. but means must improve skill set lor. We sell service.. i.e to region mah.. so if we cost more. them means the expectation of our services will have to be higher end.

those who refuse to move upwards will have to move up north up country too. but then there also pay peanuts

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Bro, this people said they cannot afford condo. They did not say they want prices to shoot up after they buy rite. So at least their aspiration of staying in condo met rite.

How to have the cake and eat it.

yeah

want to buy want cheap . buy liao want gain high high? at whose expense ?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

true.. but means must improve skill set lor. We sell service.. i.e to region mah.. so if we cost more. them means the expectation of our services will have to be higher end.

those who refuse to move upwards will have to move up north up country too. but then there also pay peanuts
    U are rite. We are moving so fast. U either keep up or get left behind. This is a fact. Those who complain will suffer the most. See what happened when they complain they cannot afford condo. Now can afford or not???? Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I think the government is trying very hard to protect its citizens from perhaps an impending financial crisis.

CM7, now CM for cars, increase tax on investment properties, etc.

The message is loud and clear : Buy only if you can afford it, don't overstretch.
    Sis, u are so smart. If they don't control all this, a BIG BUBBLE will form. For me, if a bubble form, I will start liquidating. Now at least no need to liquidate. The govt solved my problem. So more good years to come.

yeah

want to buy want cheap . buy liao want gain high high? at whose expense ?

right

lets hope the current First time buyers are not thinking that way ... they wont see paper gains in the next few years