Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why 6.9m was too much information

new docs need to consult nurses for procedural matters sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Not sure about the wait these days... haven't been there for some years already. Anyway, my colleague and I have the same sentiments.. the nurses there at KK is good but not so for the doctors... I even heard the nurse

Me too... Have 3 kids. When I took my kid to the doc, its always at least S$150. 3 kids taking turn to fall sick and possible spread from one child to the next in the same bout of flu. Visit doc every 3 months, each time costing no less than S$300 for 2 or all 3 kids. In a year its easily S$2000 just on outpatient treatment. Can take them to GP but most don't have suitable medicine for very young kids so pediatrician consultations are necessary at times. Last time one of my kid was hospitalized and it set us back S$4k. I had to request for discharge at the displeasure of that doc who is squeezing every bit of cash from us... No insurance then. Got insurance already... Govt gave baby bonus but it is just not enough. Some people ask why we complain so much but its not complaining. Its calling for help... if like that don't have so many kids? Then if govt is willing to help, this problem can be lightened.

Also, when govt insisted that all kids below certain height must have car seats. I called traffic police and asked point blank... if I have 3 kids and a maid, all 6 of us travel on my small sedan, how to have car seats??? I asked the police does it mean i have to buy an MPV just to satisfy that law??? How come all these expenses are on us suddenly? Check out car prices today! Think its not complaints. Its more of calling for help. No wonder those who want kids but can't afford would rather not have kids. Govt can do something about this group of couples but they aren't.
    agree on the PD. luckily my kids are slightly older, they have outgrown the PD. so sometimes i go GP except the youngest one still go PD. i still rem my eldest one, once she had fever (when young), in one week we spent 1k on PD.

as for car seats, you just need to fill up the car. say 3 adults seated behind, TP cannot fine you for no car seat.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Medicine is not suitable for kids. Trust me. Initially I took them to KK hospital coz subsidized but after taking the medicine, child is still sick. KK is the more expensive polyclinic... also, not all medicine is suitable for children.

Not mentioning that the wait is horrendous. Children will not stay still waiting for 3 hours. One restless kid is still manageable. If there are 3, you will beg them to keep quiet and in the end take them away before the police help you take them away for causing a nuisance.
    when kids are sick, you rather go PD in the neighbourhood and get it over and done with. going KK too far and wait too long.

one of my kids super power. she really cannot wait. once at KK, she was screaming so loudly that the nurse let her cut Q all the way to the front. within 15min, we were done. (don't say i never teach you )

Me too... Have 3 kids. When I took my kid to the doc, its always at least S$150. 3 kids taking turn to fall sick and possible spread from one child to the next in the same bout of flu. Visit doc every 3 months, each time costing no less than S$300 for 2 or all 3 kids. In a year its easily S$2000 just on outpatient treatment. Can take them to GP but most don't have suitable medicine for very young kids so pediatrician consultations are necessary at times. Last time one of my kid was hospitalized and it set us back S$4k. I had to request for discharge at the displeasure of that doc who is squeezing every bit of cash from us... No insurance then. Got insurance already... Govt gave baby bonus but it is just not enough. Some people ask why we complain so much but its not complaining. Its calling for help... if like that don't have so many kids? Then if govt is willing to help, this problem can be lightened.

Also, when govt insisted that all kids below certain height must have car seats. I called traffic police and asked point blank... if I have 3 kids and a maid, all 6 of us travel on my small sedan, how to have car seats??? I asked the police does it mean i have to buy an MPV just to satisfy that law??? How come all these expenses are on us suddenly? Check out car prices today! Think its not complaints. Its more of calling for help. No wonder those who want kids but can't afford would rather not have kids. Govt can do something about this group of couples but they aren't.
    just curious brother. when you say PD's medicine is different compared to GPs, how different? I dont know what I miss out. Myself and my wife can claim the consultation but we dont' bother to bring them to PD, just GP will do if necessary. Sometime we even buy the medicine like fever, cough and flu medicine from the pharmacy partly we also believe in building up their body resistance

did i miss out anything? my kids are still young and we have been doing it for the last 10 years. by the way I got 5 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    just curious brother. when you say PD's medicine is different compared to GPs, how different? I dont know what I miss out. Myself and my wife can claim the consultation but we dont' bother to bring them to PD, just GP will do if necessary. Sometime we even buy the medicine like fever, cough and flu medicine from the pharmacy partly we also believe in building up their body resistance

did i miss out anything? my kids are still young and we have been doing it for the last 10 years. by the way I got 5 kids.
    it's very different.

GP usually stock up on generics, or expensive originals meant for adults. GP never did a HMDP on paeds too.

PD usually stock up on originals meant for kids. PD spend at least a year of HMDP training to gain specialization

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    it's very different.

GP usually stock up on generics, or expensive originals meant for adults. GP never did a HMDP on paeds too.

PD usually stock up on originals meant for kids. PD spend at least a year of HMDP training to gain specialization

U pay for wat u get. But KK is ok n fast these days

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    agree on the PD. luckily my kids are slightly older, they have outgrown the PD. so sometimes i go GP except the youngest one still go PD. i still rem my eldest one, once she had fever (when young), in one week we spent 1k on PD.

as for car seats, you just need to fill up the car. say 3 adults seated behind, TP cannot fine you for no car seat.
    Yup... traffic police told me that finally when I questioned them point them... lol...

Wow proud of you bro for having 5...

I sent my kid to a GP but at 2 years old, GP said they do not have this and that medicine coz dosage is v high for the young kid. Then for my older kid, took GP medicine but still not recovered. 2 weeks later and still coughing, etc. Sent to PD and took another 1 wk and then feeling much better.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    U pay for wat u get.
    Agreed...

Wow proud of you bro for having 5...

I sent my kid to a GP but at 2 years old, GP said they do not have this and that medicine coz dosage is v high for the young kid. Then for my older kid, took GP medicine but still not recovered. 2 weeks later and still coughing, etc. Sent to PD and took another 1 wk and then feeling much better.
    hahaha.. that's why nobody invite us to CNY ... all run away... we dont mind another one but getting old liao lah.... body aching when carry the baby for too long..

we moved house abut 3 times and have been to serveral GPs along the way... the current GPs seen most of my kids but I must admit that I dont know what kind of medicine to ask also.. he prescribed and i just acept...

the good thing about my kids is that they recover very fast when they are sick, same like my wife... so I deduce that they inherit the good genes + my wife breast feed them till they are 14 months.. solid right... really salute her....save a lot on milk powder leh...

hahaha.. that's why nobody invite us to CNY ... all run away... we dont mind another one but getting old liao lah.... body aching when carry the baby for too long..

we moved house abut 3 times and have been to serveral GPs along the way... the current GPs seen most of my kids but I must admit that I dont know what kind of medicine to ask also.. he prescribed and i just acept...

the good thing about my kids is that they recover very fast when they are sick, same like my wife... so I deduce that they inherit the good genes + my wife breast feed them till they are 14 months.. solid right... really salute her....save a lot on milk powder leh...
    Lol... u the man and your wife the woman... anyway hear what DPM got to say on 25 Feb whether have any goodies for having more kids... lol

After the backlash from the White Paper, they will try to redeem themselves with a very sweet Budget.

yes, same case for me. for younger kids, the GP med dun work for them somehow. or the GP diagnosis.. is GENERAL diagnosis lor. hardly relevant for kids. so after trial and error, decided that kids up to around 4-5 yrs of age.. better go PD. becoz if you don't 病从浅中医, it may get really horrible after that.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    After the backlash from the White Paper, they will try to redeem themselves with a very sweet Budget.
    on the contrary, i believe they were expecting the backlash. i dun tink they care. just wait for NC come in to dilute SC votes.

ok anyway, let's not go into politics again.

on the contrary, i believe they were expecting the backlash. i dun tink they care. just wait for NC come in to dilute SC votes.

ok anyway, let's not go into politics again.
    "You may not think about politics. But politics thinks about you." - Aung San Suu Kyi

yes, same case for me. for younger kids, the GP med dun work for them somehow. or the GP diagnosis.. is GENERAL diagnosis lor. hardly relevant for kids. so after trial and error, decided that kids up to around 4-5 yrs of age.. better go PD. becoz if you don't 病从浅中医, it may get really horrible after that.
    Yup.. those machines for asthma is only available in PD clinic...

Yup.. those machines for asthma is only available in PD clinic...
    not true leh... now that you mention about the inhaling machine... my eldest daughter needed 1 + my No 3..... a few years back.. got to rent from them... so maybe the one i go to is a mix (GP + PD)...

oops.. i just realise we are off-topic...

not true leh... now that you mention about the inhaling machine... my eldest daughter needed 1 + my No 3..... a few years back.. got to rent from them... so maybe the one i go to is a mix (GP + PD)...

oops.. i just realise we are off-topic...
    Yup... most GP don't offer that machine.. anyway yes we are off...