Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2030 6.9M, what's next? 9.9M?

Default 2030 6.9M, what's next? 9.9M?

2030 is not very far away, for those we have young children, 17 years can pass very quickly, and their children will be in poly, U or just started working.

They will have to compete with 3.5 million foreigners and pay $1.5 million for a 4-rm flat BTO flat. And, as we have seen today, children's problem become parent's problem, as in the case of Japan, parents and child must work to pay off the mortgage.

Of course, the other problem is the massive traffic jams along the expressways in case you need to go to the hospital, and $500k COE prices.

But that's beside the point, my question is, will the government of then target 9.9M then?

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    2030 is not very far away, for those we have young children, 17 years can pass very quickly, and their children will be in poly, U or just started working.

They will have to compete with 3.5 million foreigners and pay $1.5 million for a 4-rm flat BTO flat. And, as we have seen today, children's problem become parent's problem.

Of course, the other problem is the massive traffic jams in case you need to go to the hospital, and $500k COE prices.

But that's beside the point, my question is, will the government of then target 9.9M then?
    Depends on who will b e govt, n whether new citizens r in office. Policies may be screwed, sorry, skewed further.

They will have to compete with 3.5 million foreigners and pay $1.5 million for a 4-rm flat BTO flat. And, as we have seen today, children's problem become parent's problem.

Of course, the other problem is the massive traffic jams in case you need to go to the hospital, and $500k COE prices.

my personal hunch is about 8mil, like NY or London. 10mil is pushing it too much, turning the entire island into tokyo-esque

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Depends on who will b e govt, n whether new citizens r in office. Policies may be screwed, sorry, skewed further.

There's also a third possibility, Singapore is taken by Malaysia-China. We know that Singapore is a US ally and naval base. We know that Malaysia sides with China and is their military ally.

Singapore is a very important naval asset if China were to control the South China Sea.

sg might just like F&N ... let foreigner to control
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

I don't think property price can continue to appreciate at 9%pa as it is now clear that we are only targeting 7m in 2030.... 5-6%pa is more likely

Assume 6%, 72/6 = 12y so in another 12y (2025) a 500k HDB will be 1m
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I don't think property price can continue to appreciate at 9%pa as it is now clear that we are only targeting 7m in 2030.... 5-6%pa is more likely

Assume 6%, 72/6 = 12y so in another 12y (2025) a 500k HDB will be 1m

Geopolitics is also a factor when we consider 20-30 years period.

This is assuming there is peace, which is not 100% guaranteed, but it is well known that World Wars or major conflict happens once or twice a century.

There is now a growing contest over the South China Sea, which in my opinion is actually a guise over contest for control of South East Asia - since once you control the sea, you control the land as well.

Singapore sides with the US and their allies. It remains to be seen how Malaysia and Indonesia which are dependent on Chinese imports will react. If ASEAN is united, we'll be safe, if not, there is no bottom.

$1 million 5-rm HDB flat in 2030?

life is so fragile
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8

life is so fragile
    such is magic of compounding, I also think 2030 will be the time when Iskandar will be truly successful

1.5 million for 4 room BTO? You talk like those coffeeshop uncle. Ignorant but yet try to act knowledgeable.

Sorry for being direct.

They will have to compete with 3.5 million foreigners and pay $1.5 million for a 4-rm flat BTO flat. And, as we have seen today, children's problem become parent's problem, as in the case of Japan, parents and child must work to pay off the mortgage.

Of course, the other problem is the massive traffic jams along the expressways in case you need to go to the hospital, and $500k COE prices.

1st world city, here i come!!

Quote Originally Posted by roly8

life is so fragile
    don't need to wait till 2030. wait for pinnacle

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    don't need to wait till 2030. wait for pinnacle
    Possible for flats near city area.

9xxk already lah ...

43 Marine Cres 16 to 20 120.00
    Standard 1975 $935,000.00

21 Holland Dr 21 to 25 119.00
    Standard 1975 $920,000.00

20 Jln Membina 21 to 25 110.00
    Improved 2003 $930,000.00

122 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 16 to 20 121.00
    Improved 1999 $928,000.00

Those are resale. BTO still 250k can get 4 bedrooms.

9xxk already lah ...

43 Marine Cres 16 to 20 120.00
    Standard 1975 $935,000.00

21 Holland Dr 21 to 25 119.00
    Standard 1975 $920,000.00

20 Jln Membina 21 to 25 110.00
    Improved 2003 $930,000.00

122 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 16 to 20 121.00
    Improved 1999 $928,000.00

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Those are resale. BTO still 250k can get 4 bedrooms.
    That's is really cheap.... Even by Indonesian standard. Its practically give away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly
    Possible for flats near city area.

With 100,000 units over the next 3 years, some of them will be near city area.

Especially the Queenstown area, can build 10,000 units easily.

But Singaporeans don't understand. They judge HDB by resale price. I thought resale price higher is better for most Singaporeans.

You buy 250k, sell away 500k. Isn't that good?

Singaporeans want to buy 100k and sell 90k.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    That's is really cheap.... Even by Indonesian standard. Its practically give away for free.

The following charts are prepared by our famous blogger Yawning Bread which I think is useful for us to understand why our TFR is so low ... of course it does not mean min wage can work in SG

and this is PAP's vision, many Singaporeans are PMETs supported by foreigners as non-PMETs including nurses lol:

the signs are already there you have a CHOICE either live with the system or move on to greener pastures....my siblings have all moved on and migrated to australia i am left here to fend for myself and my family....should i also pack up and surrender my PINK credit card...for life down under...

or should i stay and march on with my fellow singaporeans...who were born with me at KK hospital and who i served the army with and we charged up a hill to attack a mock enemy during NS

bros/sisters i have made MY choice i have arisen from this land...and i will go back into this land...my country my home...MY SINGAPORE...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Your logic is correct. 80-90% of Population wants the property value to go up as they already have one. Only those 20% or less are making noises, and is very loud to deceive u that indeed, if property price continue to rise, the garmen will lose their votes as what some of them say here. So, only minority complain just that they are making very loud noise...

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    But Singaporeans don't understand. They judge HDB by resale price. I thought resale price higher is better for most Singaporeans.

The following charts are prepared by our famous blogger Yawning Bread which I think is useful for us to understand why our TFR is so low ... of course it does not mean min wage can work in SG

evolution asserts itself.
    the poor with lousy genes that are ill suited to survive in this economy will die off.they will not pass on their lousy genes.
    the rich will pass on their good genes.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    the signs are already there you have a CHOICE either live with the system or move on to greener pastures....my siblings have all moved on and migrated to australia i am left here to fend for myself and my family....should i also pack up and surrender my PINK credit card...for life down under...

or should i stay and march on with my fellow singaporeans...who were born with me at KK hospital and who i served the army with and we charged up a hill to attack a mock enemy during NS

bros/sisters i have made MY choice i have arisen from this land...and i will go back into this land...my country my home...MY SINGAPORE...
    I am sure your siblings still have backdoors to come back if Aussie screws up one day

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Your logic is correct. 80-90% of Population wants the property value to go up as they already have one. Only those 20% or less are making noises, and is very loud to deceive u that indeed, if property price continue to rise, the garmen will lose their votes as what some of them say here. So, only minority complain just that they are making very loud noise...

The garmen cooling measures are meant to protect protect banks when interest rates start to rise sometime this year. They were never designed to win votes.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I think by 2030, Malaysia's focus will be somewhere may be called Jaskandar, another location somewhere in JB.
    Iskandar think will be very cold already. This is Malaysia's style! It had happened so many times, and this time will be no different.......

such is magic of compounding, I also think 2030 will be the time when Iskandar will be truly successful

Yah lor, and the only way to sell hdb flat at $1m is to sell to PRs, you think singapore citizens want to buy at this price when they can get a new one at half the price?
    So, do you think majority want to have more foreigners & PRs to sell to or not? As usual, those complaining making the loudest noise to make it appear so many people are against the increase in population. In the ancient art of war, they use a few soldiers to create illusion of hundreds of thousands of soldiers...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Originally Posted by thomastansb

ur 3.5M include the low skill labor? if so they are here to earn a low salary which is more at home. and go home eventually.

all ur arguments a skweed by fear.

I am sure your siblings still have backdoors to come back if Aussie screws up one day
    my sister husband just got 2 year contract to work in oil and gas industry...currently staying in rented apt at balmoral area.......i also yaya papaya hang around his apt...damm shiok balmoral area...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

The garmen cooling measures are meant to protect protect banks when interest rates start to rise sometime this year. They were never designed to win votes.

CM also prevent people from over stretching themselves. Also protect the borrowers that are over enthusiastic n never borrow within their means.

They are the vocal minority out to instill fear?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    ur 3.5M include the low skill labor? if so they are here to earn a low salary which is more at home. and go home eventually.

all ur arguments a skweed by fear.