Thread: Below-trend growth, above-trend inflation for Singapore in 2013

Default Below-trend growth, above-trend inflation for Singapore in 2013

Below-trend growth, above-trend inflation.

"We think that the “stagflation-type” scenario of below-trend growth and above-trend inflation will likely persist in Singapore in 2013," said Morgan Stanely in in its latest Asia Macro Debates report.
    "A combination of DM secular deleveraging, greying demography and stricter immigration policies suggest that Singapore is unlikely to sustainably return to the 8-9% growth seen in the 2004-2007 period.

=============
    SG corp bond yield is now falling below inflation rate ... a low risk portfolio of rental properties, stocks and corp bonds still the way to go
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Growth should be quite good this year.

If I have a company in Singapore and I want to expand my business how to get workers if population are to retain zero growth for the next ten years? I will likely go malaysia to set up business there as I can expand infinitely, cheap labour and rental. Yes think about it. We might be jobless as businesses shift out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    If I have a company in Singapore and I want to expand my business how to get workers if population are to retain zero growth for the next ten years? I will likely go malaysia to set up business there as I can expand infinitely, cheap labour and rental. Yes think about it. We might be jobless as businesses shift out of here.

Its already happening. Company are hiring in KL but head office still in singapore. So end up a sgp mgr have say 2-3 singapore report in Singapore but all new hire are in KL. And MNC are realizing the cost structure there are better. yes not so efficient. but for time being use the singapore head office to manage 1st. as the system evolves efficiency improves in KL. move there. So many dont hire in Singapore. Coz I can hire 2 in KL for the cost of 1 in singapore without so much red tape.

So to me its a indication. eventually the mgr will have to eat himself. I guess people feel song mah. all Singaporean mah. yeah report to himself next time. Song but have to eat grass.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Its already happening. Company are hiring in KL but head office still in singapore. So end up a sgp mgr have say 2-3 singapore report in Singapore but all new hire are in KL. And MNC are realizing the cost structure there are better. yes not so efficient. but for time being use the singapore head office to manage 1st. as the system evolves efficiency improves in KL. move there. So many dont hire in Singapore. Coz I can hire 2 in KL for the cost of 1 in singapore without so much red tape.

So to me its a indication. eventually the mgr will have to eat himself. I guess people feel song mah. all Singaporean mah. yeah report to himself next time. Song but have to eat grass.
    I agree that without opening the foreign gate, Sg might be heading no where. Company with shift out for a few reasons, 1) cant get the employee or too expensive 2) Population freeze means less consumer and customer. Besides that, 3) rental market may drop due to less FT, 4) Ppty valuation may drop due to low yield, 5) high unemployment in Sg, 6) Aging population, 7 ) become the next japan.

Even our SMEs are slowly shifting in JB. This is hollowing out like UK but not to that extend yet, just starting.

I wonder how many companies u worked with had operations in Malaysia.

If it's that simple, all companies would have flock to Malaysia already.

Many companies after a while had to hire Singaporean to work in Malaysia to fix the shitz.