Thread: MND, URA, HDB,build more Old folks home & low income rental flats at Oppositions Ward

Default MND, URA, HDB,build more Old folks home & low income rental flats at Oppositions Ward

If you are from the ministry or agency, i beleive you have sensed the anger and unhappiness over the white paper, esp those against gov.

Therefore, Please grant them their wish. Build more old folks homes or nursery at the opp wards. Two of the wards are mature estate so have good ammenities. Also, have more rental flats (for true blue singaporean Only) there as the comarade spirit Eethere is very strong and they will help one another. I think our dear old folks will really appreciate such arrangment. Another positive outcome of this is tat the hdb resale price could drop! Isnt that wat the opposition has been rallying for? Lower hdb resale price, everyone there happy!

Sounds like a very good idea!

Since there will be more death than birth later, build & shift all the columbrian & funeral parlor there too!

Build new HDB flats there too & only for people who support Opposition & live in opposition wards so that there will be abundance but recruit only local workers not foreigners to build these! (if need to take >10 years should be Ok since they don't want foreigners to build them right?)

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    If you are from the ministry or agency, i beleive you have sensed the anger and unhappiness over the white paper, esp those against gov.

Therefore, Please grant them their wish. Build more old folks homes or nursery at the opp wards. Two of the wards are mature estate so have good ammenities. Also, have more rental flats (for true blue singaporean Only) there as the comarade spirit Eethere is very strong and they will help one another. I think our dear old folks will really appreciate such arrangment. Another positive outcome of this is tat the hdb resale price could drop! Isnt that wat the opposition has been rallying for? Lower hdb resale price, everyone there happy!

I agree completely. The oppositions, wards and supporters are the noblest Singaporeans around. We should fulfill their wishes

Truly respect these opposition voice for the noble thoughts and care. I salute them. So pls, if you are from the MND ministry, pls bring this up to your perm sec and minister.

If you are from LTA, may i also request that you grant every resident one car each without cpe, but can only drive within their own ward. Pls do not build more roads for them as they want greeneries.

If you are from MOM, pls ensure and enforce that NO FOREIGN workers are allowed to work inside the wards. This is to be fair to their request for core singaporean and citizen privilege. Let them settle their own waste management, f&b etc. Oh, NEA,pls make sure your grass cutter there are Singaporean too.

May your wish come true!
    Last edited by leesg123; 08-02-13 at 07:43.

It goes to show that people are becoming more self-centered these days as compared to the times of our parents and grandparents. Give them another 10-15 years when there are more people in the silver age and cost of everthing is much higher than now then they will realize all these aging facilities.

how about move geylang to opp ward ?

and rebuild geylang as an entertainment hub?

There will come a time when nursing home is as important as child care and everybody will want to have one next to their home. It is part of our life process anyway, unless you want to die young ha ha ha...

Why like that lei? We are all brothers and sisters and child of Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    There will come a time when nursing home is as important as child care and everybody will want to have one next to their home. It is part of our life process anyway, unless you want to die young ha ha ha...
    Agree. Imagine if both husband and wife is working and they need a day care centre for the elderly. Having it nearby is a plus.

More day care center is a good thing isn't it? You mean only opposition wards care for the elderly and poor? Then salute them.

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Why like that lei? We are all brothers and sisters and child of Singapore.

Ya loh... What the opp party is proposing is not wrong also ma. We have not even settle the problem now with the housing, etc.. then we start to look at increasing the population which will make the situation worst.

Also with the large number of people, the quality of life is really greatly affected. Now you see FW gathering in our parks, sitting along the roadside, gathering in the lobby drinking, etc.. What the white is proposing only benefit the businesses, I don't see why you guys cannot see unless you are belonging to that group of people.

The white paper actually means

1) Higher profit for our property developers with more demand
    2) Higher profit for our construction industry with more demand and cheaper labor
    3) Higher profit for mobile companies with the larger group of users
    4) Higher profit for the marine industries with cheaper labor cost
    5) Higher profit for the transportation operators with cheaper labor and larger group of users
    6) Higher profit for retails and F&B with cheaper labor and more customers
    7) Higher tax income for our government from businesses and levies
    8) Higher CPF contribution from new citizen and PR

cannot start a "war" on this la.

What all parties want is a better Singapore, isn't it? IMHO, I do agree that stopping immigration (whatever level of immigrants) entirely will be too extreme and have more negative impact on the economy. Economy not good = citizens not good.

I am sure that Singapore governement must and can strike a balance. No need to "punish" the residents of opposition wards just because their MPs said that? If the government do that, it's going to reflect even more badly on the government and might even create more conflicts.

We must all stand-by each other and progress togther la...

Wishing everyone a prosperous and healthy year!!!

looks like PAP supporters are really evil people

the opposition party did not totally disagree to the white paper ...they dont think 6.9 mio is ideal ... they feel it is too high ...

did they say that want to remain at current level or even lower ??

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    looks like PAP supporters are really evil people

the opposition party did not totally disagree to the white paper ...they dont think 6.9 mio is ideal ... they feel it is too high ...

did they say that want to remain at current level or even lower ??
    Fair enough, so non pap supporters are noble right? That is why they can have the old folks nursery built in their estate right? what is the problem with that?

They want cheap resale HDB right? no problem, build more rental flat.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Fair enough, so non pap supporters are noble right? That is why they can have the old folks nursery built in their estate right? what is the problem with that?

They want cheap resale HDB right? no problem, build more rental flat.
    you are just finding all sorts of excuses to whack opposition party

it wasnt them who suggested building those homes in PAP wards ..but your fellow PAP themselves ..

you as a supporter of PAP you shud support their plans ... whole heartedly

the fact that you disagree to having the homes in PAP wards ..shows that you are not a true blue PAP supporter...

all this time opposition party said NOTHING ... and someone has to stir shxt ...

becare ISD investigate you for attempting to fan fire

you are just finding all sorts of excuses to whack opposition party

it wasnt them who suggested building those homes in PAP wards ..but your fellow PAP themselves ..

you as a supporter of PAP you shud support their plans ... whole heartedly

the fact that you disagree to having the homes in PAP wards ..shows that you are not a true blue PAP supporter...

all this time opposition party said NOTHING ... and someone has to stir shxt ...

becare ISD investigate you for attempting to fan fire
    No leh, you see all my posting i say i salute and respect oppsition ward. Where got fan? ISD want to investigate, the first stop is TRE. I really respect opp ward, they are very noble and i respect that kudos.

come to think of it, opp always say ISD no good, want to abolish ISA, now for your convenience, use ISD here to threaten? Irony? 1st World Opp?

all this time opposition party said NOTHING ...
    need me to show all postings by regulators, august etc? or even posting on TRE?

Let's be fair and don't be emotional, look at the hard facts:

1) The PAP stand on the white paper: it is to plan infrastructure/support for 6.9mil people. It is not a target but it is good to overplan.

2) The WP stand on the white paper: 0% growth in foreign workers/talents.

3) Our birth rate stand at ~1.2.

4) Our non-working people (mainly woman/housewives and elderly) is unlikely to contribute much to the work force.

5) We have zero natural resources.

6) We have a group of very angry citizens (at least 40%).

Can anyone suggest in a positive manner how we can handle the above situation?

Default Innovation

Innovation is the way to go:

1. If we can build multi story car parks, we have the technology to build multi story roads. Make it uniquely Singapore.

2. Introduce 3D printing, ladies would love shoes printed to fix their own size and shape - much better than those so called branded shoes.

3. Milk power re/export. Source the food chain from New Zealand and customized it to be suitable for Asian population and export to China using Singapore brand.

Thanks,
    Richard