Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Land Parcel at Commonwealth Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    in 2009, i also did not understand why pple prefer new launches. now i do, because i see them sitting on good profits. in that year, i bot a resale and collected rental for 3 yrs. it was sold in 2012.

late 2012 i entered the market again. for the record, it was on 80% LTV. this time, it was BUC, but for own stay (reason why i buy is personal reason, nothing to do with investment returns).

for this purchase, i lost some opportunity cost. but having gone thru 2008/2009, i know myself very well. what money i gain fr the skt mkt i will lose it all, so that mkt is not for me.
    Any reason why u sell and buy again? Why not stay at the previous unit? or u switch from LH to FH?? hehe
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock
    Any reason why u sell and buy again? Why not stay at the previous unit? or u switch from LH to FH?? hehe
    i sold because garmen decided to build a flyover in front of my window.

as to why i bot in 2012, it was for personal reason. the new unit had attributes that i could not have found elsewhere.

i personally prefer resale units because WYSIWYG. and for investment, rental income starts immediately. you practically lose zero opportunity cost. it's a no brainer. and yes, i am not a risk taker, so i only buy what i can afford. that's why BUC theory of "no need to pay instalment" does not apply to me.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

When rental market is bad and interest rate is high, it make sense to go for new launches. However, it is not the case now.