Thread: 6.9m is coming. STI will hit new high.

Default 6.9m is coming. STI will hit new high.

With 6.9m population, Property, banks, malls, genting, transports, construction counters all will move up. STI 4000 is not a dream. Chiong ahhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    With 6.9m population, Property, banks, malls, genting, transports, construction counters all will move up. STI 4000 is not a dream. Chiong ahhhh.
    Too conservative. Put it 5000 Huat ah!!!

They are now claiming 6.9m population is a "worse case scenario". looks like they have taken notice of the public uproar and are trying to placate public sentiments ahead of next week's parliament debate...

dont be so sure 6.9 or 7m is a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    They are now claiming 6.9m population is a "worse case scenario". looks like they have taken notice of the public uproar and are trying to placate public sentiments ahead of next week's parliament debate...

I think they already sense that Singaporean do not welcome this policy.. Most of the feedback are quite negative... I really seriously doubt they can reach that target.. but let's wait and see.. you never know what will have in 2030... Just like they also say we will be in World Cup in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by august

i am very much surprised at the language used

"worst case" scenario at 6.9million.
    why use the word "worst case"?

does it mean even at 6.5million
    1) TFR is so low that citizen population is still dropping.
    2) GDP is 0 or negative

that needs to increase to 6.9million.
    that would justify the usage of "worst case"

kbw explanation infrastructure needs is pure BS.

well, at least Singapore has a white paper. what is Indonesia's plan?

u sold off Singapore properties already rite. i think for indonesian to come back to Singapore to play the property market, very tough with absd 15%. that's why I suggest indomie to help u with indo property market.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

2) GDP is 0 or negative

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88
    well, at least Singapore has a white paper. what is Indonesia's plan?

u sold off Singapore properties already rite. i think for indonesian to come back to Singapore to play the property market, very tough with absd 15%. that's why I suggest indomie to help u with indo property market.

The old players (china, Indonesia, malaysians) may be a little fatigue at the moment due to 18% stamp duty. However this situation will change when their own market increase by 20% this year. Such an increase is not that hard to achieved in property market like indonesia. The new class of buyers will also emerge among the wealthy philipinos. They are able to cash in on their property boom.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    The old players (china, Indonesia, malaysians) may be a little fatigue at the moment due to 18% stamp duty. However this situation will change when their own market increase by 20% this year. Such an increase is not that hard to achieved in property market like indonesia. The new class of buyers will also emerge among the wealthy philipinos. They are able to cash in on their property boom.
    May i know the leasehold in indonesia & philippines?

are you holding any property in indonesia?

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

2) GDP is 0 or negative

6.9 mil would not have been an issue if the growth is organic and incentives are given to boost birth rate and infrastructure are built to enhance quality of living. Right now everything is growing $ $ $ in the eyes of the government, but really I cannot see and feel where the $ has been going into now.

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    May i know the leasehold in indonesia & philippines?

are you holding any property in indonesia?

I have many indo properties. They are usually freehold, unless if it an apartment then its a strata title.

I have many indo properties. They are usually freehold, unless if it an apartment then its a strata title.
    Foreigners is only 30+30 years right? I almost bought a sea facing unit but e lease puts me off.

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    I think they already sense that Singaporean do not welcome this policy.. Most of the feedback are quite negative... I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmA2ClUvUY

that's why i don't understand why hopeful sold off his singapore property. i know so many Indonesians trying to get in singapore property and here is hopeful who so blur let go the singapore property. i can sense he frustrated and now bashing kbw.

ok..you are the man.

can foreigner buy these freehold landed?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

that's why i don't understand why hopeful sold off his singapore property. i know so many Indonesians trying to get in singapore property and here is hopeful who so blur let go the singapore property. i can sense he frustrated and now bashing kbw.
    The game plan is to sell your capital appreciating property and buy high rental yielding property. For example if u buy 200K sgd worth of jakarta property 2 years ago, now probaby worth 400k sgd. Since the rental is suck, then I will sell it and buy 1 million sgd property with 4000 dolar a month rental. I probably pay 2000 dollar in mortgage on my 600k loan.

anyway, it was time to take money off the table.
    happy enjoying your paper gains .

anyway, it was time to take money off the table.
    happy enjoying your paper gains .
    i sold 2 and still holding a few. so yes, i happy holding cash and holding paper gains.

i sold 2 and still holding a few. so yes, i happy holding cash and holding paper gains.

see your thinking not so much different than mine.

see your thinking not so much different than mine.
    but I still don't understand why u not holding? that's the different part. now u cannot enter because of 15% absd. u buy 1 mil prop, u need it to go 1.18mil to breakeven.

wa..

professional property trader!!

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    wa..

professional property trader!!
    u join in 2010 and until now no action?? another 20 years will still be the same

but I still don't understand why u not holding? that's the different part. now u cannot enter because of 15% absd. u buy 1 mil prop, u need it to go 1.18mil to breakeven.
    so what you gonna do with your cash?

The richest get richer - 100 wealthiest gain US$14b

[NEW YORK] The 100 wealthiest people on the planet added US$14 billion to their collective net worth this week as the Standard & Poor's 500 Index delivered its strongest start to a year since 1997.
    Ride at your own risk !!!