Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Freak election result, Shaken confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    absolutely true. most migrants i meet have this view. only we poor sinkies can go nowhere.

We milk then for the transit service too what.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    $15000 per month, to attend meeting, talk talk, stir stir, slap slap. any tom dick harry also want and also can do. no need even study hard or go uni also can do such job.
    Alamak! don't wear tinted glass to see them la. They do work wor and almost all are full-time MPs and they go to weekly meet the people session! . PAP MPs can achieve this or not?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    We milk then for the transit service too what.
    You sure we milk them? I thought we are the one get milked!

We gave them scholarship from Secondary to JC and then to Uni for undergrad and some went for post-grad and we also paid. They used our tax payers' money to maintain their life here. After that, some found a way to work in foreign lands.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You sure we milk them? I thought we are the one get milked!

We gave them scholarship from Secondary to JC and then to Uni for undergrad and some went for post-grad and we also paid. They used our tax payers' money to maintain their life here. After that, some found a way to work in foreign lands.

Well the $ is still in the Singapore system . The $ went to pay Singapore School fees, Food here, rental to the Singapore landlords and the other stuff they expense in Singapore.

When they finished the schooling they work in Singapore filling the gaps for the workforces, paid taxes and continue to consume in Singapore. Well some leave after the work period is over some will stay on and some become citizens.

so to me I dont see a lost. coz the $ went into the Singapore system benefiting various parties as well as Singaporean working in those segments.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

XENOPHOBIC
    nicompoop-typed answer

"Ignorance and stupidity are best cousins, and they often descend from the same ancestry" - Sir A.W.

Well the $ is still in the Singapore system . The $ went to pay Singapore School fees, Food here, rental to the Singapore landlords and the other stuff they expense in Singapore.

When they finished the schooling they work in Singapore filling the gaps for the workforces, paid taxes and continue to consume in Singapore. Well some leave after the work period is over some will stay on and some become citizens.

so to me I dont see a lost. coz the $ went into the Singapore system benefiting various parties as well as Singaporean working in those segments.
    and the $ couldn't have gone to befitting Singaporean students?!! please, a good portion of these so-called Asean scholars are merely on par with the rest of the SG students in the top JCs.

looking at your logical and spelling ability, i doubt you have ever witness this on school grounds

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    nicompoop-typed answer

"Ignorance and stupidity are best cousins, and they often descend from the same ancestry" - Sir A.W.

Hah hah all u can is Spellcheck and Wikipedia? What a XENOPHOBIC Wood head.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

and the $ couldn't have gone to befitting Singaporean students?!! please, a good portion of these so-called Asean scholars are merely on par with the rest of the SG students in the top JCs.

looking at your logical and spelling ability, i doubt you have ever witness this on school grounds

Why everything must benefit Singaporean in cash terms directly? These are indirect benefits.

Already there are direct benefits. its base on MERIT. get that through ur thick skull.

becoz u Ang Teng Kee dont make u special.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Why everything must benefit Singaporean in cash terms directly? These are indirect benefits.

Already there are direct benefits. its base on MERIT. get that through ur thick skull.

becoz u Ang Teng Kee dont make u special.
    you are a proponent of meritocracy. so now i'm stating, as facts, that students in the top tier JCs are equal to these so-called asean scholars, if not better.

so based on the concept of meritocracy, shouldn't local students get the monies instead?

by the way, in case you didn't recognize but you were just slapped in the face with your own arguments

"Stupidity prowls along the dark corridors of intellect, whispering to the ignorant who recognizes her call" - Sir A.W.

xenophobia is now used to label those who are critical of PAP's White Paper. A very typical PAP trick.

you are a proponent of meritocracy. so now i'm stating, as facts, that students in the top tier JCs are equal to these so-called asean scholars, if not better.

so based on the concept of meritocracy, shouldn't local students get the monies instead?

by the way, in case you didn't recognize but you were just slapped in the face with your own arguments

"Stupidity prowls along the dark corridors of intellect, whispering to the ignorant who recognizes her call" - Sir A.W.

so u are saying there are no scholarship given to JC , poly or ITE students?

what a numb skull.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by august
    xenophobia is now used to label those who are critical of PAP's White Paper. A very typical PAP trick.

really? So many fear foreigner... is that not XENOPHOBIA?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

really? So many fear foreigner... is that not XENOPHOBIA?
    tell me which country in the world welcomes foreigners to permeate and invade their land without bounds?

there is always an innate fear, in us, about the unknown or alien, but that doesn't constitute to hatred.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia

"fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign"

so u are saying there are no scholarship given to JC , poly or ITE students?

what a numb skull.

WAHAHAHAHA!!!!! have you seen scholarships being given to SG students when studying in JC??

thanks for slapping yourself in the face

note: Asean scholars take the JC route into unis, and please don't even talk about them entering ITE

WAHAHAHAHA!!!!! have you seen scholarships being given to SG students when studying in JC??

thanks for slapping yourself in the face

note: Asean scholars take the JC route into unis, and please don't even talk about them entering ITE
    No point arguing with blockhead, just wait till the day pappy's policies turn against him, see whether he's still sucking their balls so much

yeah u all can keep whining. when the policies u want happen u whine again. coz the effect is not what u expect.

suck thumb....

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

tell me which country in the world welcomes foreigners to permeate and invade their land without bounds?

there is always an innate fear, in us, about the unknown or alien, but that doesn't constitute to hatred.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia

"fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign"
    Invade? its call leverage on talent pool.

Try to hold a american idol here n u see how much talent u can get. Coz the pool is small. there are just so much people u can leverage on to propel the country forward. This is a globalized world want to move forward faster is to leverage on the world talents.

unfortunately idiot like u cannot understand coz ur are plain XENOPHOBIC and insecure of urself. Ur idiocy should not be dragging the country down. We didn't come so far for u to bring us back to 3rd world status.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

most (i think all) of my PRC friends in uni days have disappeared fr sgp after finishing their compulsory bonds.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Invade? its call leverage on talent pool.

Try to hold a american idol here n u see how much talent u can get. Coz the pool is small. there are just so much people u can leverage on to propel the country forward. This is a globalized world want to move forward faster is to leverage on the world talents.

unfortunately idiot like u cannot understand coz ur are plain XENOPHOBIC and insecure of urself. Ur idiocy should not be dragging the country down. We didn't come so far for u to bring us back to 3rd world status.
    cannot say small size, small talent pool.
    people will point out smaller countries than singapore have won more olympics medals.
    also like eurovision contest, big population doesnt guarantee success.

most (i think all) of my PRC friends in uni days have disappeared fr sgp after finishing their compulsory bonds.

I have PRC colleges that stay here for 10yrs or more and converted to stay on with children that speak with some local accent. Spoke to his wife before and they are here to stay for good.

And he have skills sets that he bring to the company too. So I think its win win.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

I have PRC colleges that stay here for 10yrs or more and converted to stay on with children that speak with some local accent. Spoke to his wife before and they are here to stay for good.

And he have skills sets that he bring to the company too. So I think its win win.
    i think (which will not happen) a statistics on the %tage that come and go will be able to satisfy (or maybe not) the naysayers.

extending my personal experience, 2 of my PRC staff - one has moved on to australia after 10 yrs here. the other one enrolled her son in USA university and waiting to jumpship.

granted, their kids do speak with mostly local accent.

by the way, my girl did better than the PRC in chinese spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    cannot say small size, small talent pool.
    people will point out smaller countries than singapore have won more olympics medals.
    also like eurovision contest, big population doesnt guarantee success.

True. but the chances of success ? We have to be open abt it. invest in local development but also be open with talent we can attract.

Also some of these also depends on demographic. i.e. opportunities. if there are not much opportunities and folks bank on Olympic as a lively hood then perhaps u see more access to these specific group of talent pool locally.

For singapore its very hard to get parents who want to commit their kids to a athletic career as the failure rate is very high plus life span is short.

Perhaps some say government should fund. But still the parents mind set have to get over too.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

i think (which will not happen) a statistics on the %tage that come and go will be able to satisfy (or maybe not) the naysayers.

extending my personal experience, 2 of my PRC staff - one has moved on to australia after 10 yrs here. the other one enrolled her son in USA university and waiting to jumpship.

granted, their kids do speak with mostly local accent.

by the way, my girl did better than the PRC in chinese spelling.

I am not expecting to satisfy anyone. anyway the 10yrs they are here they generated business opportunities to the economy too. either via consumption or via tax payment and my company also grew .

so to me no lost.

Or do we rather throw the baby out with the bath water and brand all FT as trash? but I dont think my company will survive. And eventually move to other regional HQ. I will be impacted eventually too.

so to me its a eco system.. u cant have it all.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

anyway this is a very globalized world. we need to have a globalized view not monodic and xenophobic abt it.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Woohoo! now we are using taxpayers' monies to pay for tuition meant "international scholars" at a local JC

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/03/20...t-sg-students/

a joke, a big joke

Woohoo! now we are using taxpayers' monies to pay for tuition meant "international scholars" at a local JC

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/03/20...t-sg-students/

a joke, a big joke

blame the 60%?

blame the 60%?
    i don't think it is wise to apportion blame specifically to the populace. i'd rather say policies, that once served us good, are not tuned and tweaked to stay relevant or serve us better