Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "This priority is bull sheet , HDB so expensive , got priority for fark use?"

Default "This priority is bull sheet , HDB so expensive , got priority for fark use?"

found this sentence from another forum:

"This priority is bull sheet , HDB so expensive , got priority for fark use?"

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

meanwhile in another forum...

"This market is bull sheet, so many cooling measures, got buyers and cash for fark use?"

Quote Originally Posted by august
    meanwhile in another forum...

"This market is bull sheet, so many cooling measures, got buyers and cash for fark use?"

Many citizens are damn pissed off already...
    Local property owners n investors all kena jammed by 1CM after another ..
    1st time buyers also fed up cos of sky high hdb prices which is beyond reach for some.
    N lastly C.O.E which has now come to an unrealistic level where only the rich can afford..

Will be interesting to see whether this coming election will have any negative impact on the men in white?

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    1st time buyers also fed up cos of sky high hdb prices which is beyond reach for some.
    N lastly C.O.E which has now come to an unrealistic level where only the rich can afford..

Will be interesting to see whether this coming election will have any negative impact on the men in white?
    if you have invested in properties here.. you are on the white side..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Whenever I feel how unfair or how tough my situation is, I just look at some homeless kids. In spite of their circumstances, u can see genuine joy in their faces. Then I feel ashamed that I can't be as happy.

Can't tell from their hidden faces whether they are happy
    Things change when we grow up.
    Thats why adults are generally more unhappy than kids bec we have more things to worry about.

Like worry when we see ppty prices go up,
    Also worry when we see ppty prices go down,
    But when ppty prices go sideways,
    Also worry how long this will last.

Buy within your mean.

In 1988 I got my first bite of the cherry, the biggest I can bite using the priority for civil service.

My salary then was $1200 and I brought a $83,000 4 Room HDB.

Without the priority at that time it take 7 years to get a bite.

Fast forward, now they give the priority, go ahead and get a bite for the cherry, the biggest you can bite. After you digest it, shit it out and go for the next bite. Waiting at the sideline will get you where you are waiting.

I should be scolding and screaming at the government.

When I bought my first private property, government introduce CM and barred me from buying HDB.

When I intend to buy my second private property, government introduce 40% downpayment.

When I intend to sell my property, government introduce CM after CM.

But surprisingly I'm not even angry with the government, cause I understand the big picture, the government is reacting to the external envornment. What is more important, I seize other opportunities, if I can't buy property, I can still buy equity! If I have grumble and grumble like the rest, I will have missed both the property and equity boat.

And further more, my family income is less than 100K but I can say I'm much happier than people who earn much more. The reason is I dont complain much and is satisfied with what I have.

Everyone got a choice, spend time complaining or spend time looking at way to enrich himself.

http://www.richdad.com/Resources/Ric...of-choice.aspx

Why the decisions you make, make the difference between rich and poor

We all long for the freedom to choose. This is why throughout history people have fought for, and given their lives to, the cause of freedom. This is why families will leave everything to emigrate from an oppressive country to a free one. This is why we celebrate great men like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Gandhi.

But like most freedoms, choice is a double-edged sword. When we're free to choose, we're free to make decisions that are good but also decisions that are bad. Often, what separates the successful from the unsuccessful, the rich from the poor, is the choices that we make.

Financially, with every dollar we have, we have the power to choose our future: to be rich, poor, or middle class. Our spending habits reflect who we are and what we value. Poor people have poor spending habits. Rich people have rich spending habits.

If you want to be rich, it's important that you understand the power of choice and know how to make good financial choices.

Choose to be rich every day.

Choose As a boy, I had the benefit of a rich dad who taught me to think like the rich think. He taught me the difference between an asset and a liability. A long time ago, as a little boy, I chose to be rich. I knew all I had to do was learn to acquire assets.

Most people choose not to be rich. It's too much of a hassle. They'll say things like, "I'm not interested in money," "I don't have to worry because I'm still young," "I'll never be rich," and "My spouse handles all the finances."

This way of thinking robs you of two important things: Time and learning, your most important assets.

If you want to be rich, you must stop having excuses and start having a new mindset. You must make the choice to every day invest your time into learning about money and how it works. You must choose to find great deals and assets. You must choose to be rich. It does not happen by accident.

I choose to be rich, and I make that choice every day.

Welcome new ideas.

Many people choose to follow the same old line of thinking when it comes to money: go to school, get a good job, buy a house, save money, and invest in a balanced portfolio of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. The problem is that those are the old rules of money. They are no longer valid. Not only that, following them will make you poor.

If you want to be rich, you must choose to be open-minded. This means not following the conventional wisdom about money, and instead, thinking for yourself. There are many intelligent people who argue and defend when a new idea clashes with the way they think. Their intelligence is really arrogance. A truly intelligent person welcomes new ideas.

The rich choose to listen and learn when presented with new ideas. This is why the rich are some of the most humble people I know.

Increase your financial education.

A friend of mine had her apartment burglarized. The thieves took her TV and left all the books. The funny thing is that most people would make the same choice. Most people would rather have a TV than books. But it's those who choose to invest in education rather than distract themselves with entertainments who are successful in life.

If you want to be rich, you must choose to invest in your financial education. Personally, I love seminars. I like them to be at least two-days long so I can immerse myself in the subject. In 1973, I spent $385 on a real estate seminar that has made me millions of dollars since. I also love audio books. I can listen and learn wherever I'm at, and I like the ability to easily review what I've heard. Finally, I love to learn from others. I make friends with people who think differently than me and who are smarter than me. They teach me valuable lessons every day.

The result of all this is that I add new ways of thinking to my old ways of thinking. This gives me multiple angles to approach a problem or situation. Choosing to increase my financial education by always being humble and willing to learn has allowed me to have a sophisticated financial intelligence that has in turn, made me very rich.

How about you? What choices are you making to be rich? How have your choices kept you from being successful?

Today, I encourage you to take a look at the choices you make. At the end of the day, our choices are one of the few things in life we can totally control. Choose to be rich.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 23-01-13 at 18:44.

Come on... HDB is not expensive at all. Especially BTO flats... Even resales flats are considered cheap.. BTO pricing cannot even find in second-line city in China... I know it feel nice to complain about the government but this is not the way...

Imagine if we don't have HDB... I can bet now PC will be selling at least double the price as what they are selling now. At least HDB give all Singaporeans a chance to buy a flat.. Although I am also quite against PR able to buy resale HDB.. But it is still ok as they will still need to buy from Singaporean who got the flat from BTO.. So Singaporean still benefit from it actually as they can make money from it. It just depends whether you are the one that benefited from it...

Imagine you are born in HK, the pricing of the house there is like crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon

Buy within your mean.

In 1988 I got my first bite of the cherry, the biggest I can bite using the priority for civil service.

My salary then was $1200 and I brought a $83,000 4 Room HDB.

Without the priority at that time it take 7 years to get a bite.

Fast forward, now they give the priority, go ahead and get a bite for the cherry, the biggest you can bite. After you digest it, shit it out and go for the next bite. Waiting at the sideline will get you where you are waiting.
    wise words i shall always remind my children that..GO for the biggest bite when its ur turn for public housing...cos i did not do that... ..i took a small bite ..but ok still quite full
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

If MIW win means all the cooling measures and high COEs policy are supported?

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    Come on... HDB is not expensive at all. Especially BTO flats... Even resales flats are considered cheap.. BTO pricing cannot even find in second-line city in China... I know it feel nice to complain about the government but this is not the way...

Imagine if we don't have HDB... I can bet now PC will be selling at least double the price as what they are selling now. At least HDB give all Singaporeans a chance to buy a flat.. Although I am also quite against PR able to buy resale HDB.. But it is still ok as they will still need to buy from Singaporean who got the flat from BTO.. So Singaporean still benefit from it actually as they can make money from it. It just depends whether you are the one that benefited from it...

Imagine you are born in HK, the pricing of the house there is like crazy....
    live in city is like that one..

bo bian

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    wise words i shall always remind my children that..GO for the biggest bite when its ur turn for public housing...cos i did not do that... ..i took a small bite ..but ok still quite full
    bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

can meet downpayment or not?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why not? $50k downpayment only wah. If don't have cash buy resale, pay say $600k, downpayment $60k but $30k from Govt, so cash downpayment only $30k....

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

they will never be happy. goverment should stick with right policy fark care what the people think.!

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    they will never be happy. goverment should stick with right policy fark care what the people think.!
    The policy may be good for the country but it may not be good to the citizen.. But we are a small country so a lot thing the government also no choice but to go ahead even through the people will be unhappy...

found this sentence from another forum:

Dont want move aside, many pple grabbing it. We live in a free world, find expensive then ask the bugger stay with parents lah. The game so simple , dont know how to play, dont expect that bugger to make it in Singapore also.

Market resale sell 700k, Govt build brand new sell him $500k, live 5 years sell, make $200k. He is back to square 1, no house but, got $200k in pocket.

So to answer the qn, priority got what use? Grandpa Seed $$ 200k lor. Clever singaporeans , quickly buy when they are young and when pay is low. Cos screw Govt few years, after that pay overshoot $10k, come fark Govt again, y never take care of sandwich class.

Some pple deserve to get shit in their face, give them gold they dont want, insist must smear shit then they shiok.

bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

If one cannot afford to buy something, is it the fault of that person or is it the fault of the government? If really cannot afford a 5 rm HDB, why not buy a 4 rm or a 3 rm? Or just simply wait for BTO? Just that maybe the poor have to stay in smaller flat and the rich can stay in bigger flat. You cannot expect the rich and poor to have the same thing. I believe nowhere in the world this can be achieve.

Some people can afford multi-property like some of the brothers here while some are having difficulties buying the first HDB. I believe one have to ask why this happen in the first place? Surely those who have the money have did something in the first place to get those money. Those who never work hard for the money must ask why and not just be jealous and scold the government for it. What is it to do with the government when one cannot earn a lot of money?

I agree the government have to do something to help the poor. But ultimately, it all depend on the individual.

Really wonder why so many people KPKB... What is wrong if COE is $100k? Take the bus, MRT or taxi.

Why must stay in AMK 5-room for BTO? Go Sembawang!

Too expensive? Think about how you can make more $ to afford it. Otherwise, be contented because this is only what you are capable of. Some of these people are really

bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

bro, BMW 260k for car?

Confirm can buy?

Can meet or not?

Cannot then drive VW first lor. 5m cannot afford buy4 room lor, 4m cannot afford buy 3rm lor. 3rm cannot afford then stay with parents.

Cannot meet down payment see MP lor. Cannot see MP then come forum complain lor.

see my angry post above for the best helping hand Govt handout to Singaporeans known to me. Screw liao shiok shiok govt still got to give u $$$

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Dont want move aside, many pple grabbing it. We live in a free world, find expensive then ask the bugger stay with parents lah. The game so simple , dont know how to play, dont expect that bugger to make it in Singapore also.

Market resale sell 700k, Govt build brand new sell him $500k, live 5 years sell, make $200k. He is back to square 1, no house but, got $200k in pocket.

So to answer the qn, priority got what use? Grandpa Seed $$ 200k lor. Clever singaporeans , quickly buy when they are young and when pay is low. Cos screw Govt few years, after that pay overshoot $10k, come fark Govt again, y never take care of sandwich class.

Some pple deserve to get shit in their face, give them gold they dont want, insist must smear shit then they shiok.

All just want to sit there winne n winne wait for things to fall in to their lap becoz they hold a red passport.

Frankly even if it raining gold still must go pick. Wat a bunch of loosers.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    bro, BMW 260k for car?

Confirm can buy?

Can meet or not?

Cannot then drive VW first lor. 5m cannot afford buy4 room lor, 4m cannot afford buy 3rm lor. 3rm cannot afford then stay with parents.

Cannot meet down payment see MP lor. Cannot see MP then come forum complain lor.

see my angry post above for the best helping hand Govt handout to Singaporeans known to me. Screw liao shiok shiok govt still got to give u $$$
    Totally agree!!!

bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

bro, BMW 260k for car?

Confirm can buy?

Can meet or not?

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    Really wonder why so many people KPKB... What is wrong if COE is $100k? Take the bus, MRT or taxi.

Too expensive? Think about how you can make more $ to afford it. Otherwise, be contented because this is only what you are capable of. Some of these people are really

this is becoz they think they can blackmail the goverment for freebize. Its like robbing the country.. when too much such freebize get hands out. eventually tax have to be collected to keep this going.

imagine 10yrs later take away baby bonus.. PEOPLE will cry foul!!! government CHEAT ME $$$$

its like a US drugged on credit cannot get off it. but its killing the country...

no one want to care abt the consequences. all they cared is take for self now. all selfing n myopic.

Quote Originally Posted by stiook

Cannot be more agreed with the above sentence. I am not in the elite class. I don't have a house. I don't have a car. But I am not complaining as I understand all this is nobody fault but my own. I have been working harder so that I can be like all the successful brothers here to be owners of houses.

Cannot be more agreed with the above sentence. I am not in the elite class. I don't have a house. I don't have a car. But I am not complaining as I understand all this is nobody fault but my own. I have been working harder so that I can be like all the successful brothers here to be owners of houses.
    Stay healthy n happy, u can still have a fulfiling life n out live e elites.

Even in communist country, there is wealth disparity. so we all work hard and move up the ladder... slowly we will get there. sitting down and complaining like some other people do is really useless...

RCT, I wish you success!

those young people who only want mature estate are really silly, nowadays, the up and coming estates are the ones that give you the highest ROI. plus they are all so well connected from a transportation sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    those young people who only want mature estate are really silly, nowadays, the up and coming estates are the ones that give you the highest ROI. plus they are all so well connected from a transportation sense.
    Well later miss out complain again lot. wat else do they know to do?