Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bank of Japan adopts 2% inflation target, open-ended easing

Default Bank of Japan adopts 2% inflation target, open-ended easing

Here comes the sun (doo doo doo doo)
    Here comes the sun, and I say
    It's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...249416/1/.html

care to explain what will happen and this action mean?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Konnichiwa!
    I wanna go to Japan!
    Last edited by buttercarp; 22-01-13 at 13:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    It's all right

"The Bank will pursue aggressive monetary easing ... through a virtually zero interest rate policy and purchases of financial assets," it added.
    Wah, no wonder ikan bilis wants to mortgage in JPY.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp

Wah, no wonder ikan bilis wants to mortgage in JPY.
    you mean go buy japanese property?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    you mean go buy japanese property?
    I think borrow Yen and finance SG's asset. Wait for the currency to be devalue and return the Yen and sell off SG asset. I personally think that Boj may not able to rescue their economy due to aging population (means less young ppl to buy ppty, spending) but spending on aging health care may increase even with near zero interest rate (less attractive currency). Given their close culture (Speak mainly Jap) it is very hard to attract young ppl ard the world. The only thing that can save Japan could be their R&D.

Start in 2014 leh

Can someone please explain to me, please?

Presently in Japan, is the lending rate close to zero or are they going to implement the close to zero interest rate policy ?

Shinzo Abe is described as hawkish- meaning that he favours higher interest rates, tighter monetary controls and restrictive credit policy.

http://www.fxwords.com/h/hawkish.html

So I am confused .
    Mabbe bro ghost, laguna, chestnut , BJ21 or anyone... care to explain please?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Mabbe bro ghost, laguna, chestnut , BJ21 or anyone... care to explain please?
    Oops... you just summoned our 4 heavenly kings...

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    It's all right

Seems like following US footsteps of printing money with very very low interest rate (aka monetary easing). Smart move. Maybe other big nations may follow suit too in future so as to make their export competitive?

Japan, let me tried to recall my memory, Nikkie hit 39,000 more than 20 years ago...what happens to them from then till now?

1. This is a monetary war : lately China has boycotted Japanse products again. This is the blood history that China remembers for good. So you know what is this meant.
    2. Japan is losing it competitiveness to Korea and Europe. Just take a look of cars and home appliances market.
    3. Japan is one of the heaviest in-debtness country in the world, much worst than USA, in term of % to GDP. Very huge internal debt
    4. Not a single Prime Minister can last....
    5. Economy is too close...and quite self sufficient
    6. Yen can be easily "manipulated"...
    7. Too many rounds of QE, countless, and the money flow out....
    8. ageing population, low birth rate...

Even, Nikkie has stablised in a range trade, I don't expect a breakup

Quote Originally Posted by joelx
    I think borrow Yen and finance SG's asset. Wait for the currency to be devalue and return the Yen and sell off SG asset. I personally think that Boj may not able to rescue their economy due to aging population (means less young ppl to buy ppty, spending) but spending on aging health care may increase even with near zero interest rate (less attractive currency). Given their close culture (Speak mainly Jap) it is very hard to attract young ppl ard the world. The only thing that can save Japan could be their R&D.
    Hi everyone, this will be the fate for Singapore if we are close culture (don't import foreigners and singaporean only mindset). All die pain pain in future like japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu1245
    Seems like following US footsteps of printing money with very very low interest rate (aka monetary easing). Smart move. Maybe other big nations may follow suit too in future so as to make their export competitive?
    Oh dear, every major economy in the world doing monetary easing programs to get out of trouble. Basically all their debts inflated away.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Oh dear, every major economy in the world doing monetary easing programs to get out of trouble. Basically all their debts inflated away.
    Like Office Boy mentioned many many times...

The world id trying to inflate their problems away and the effects it has on us is tons of cold hard cash is coming our way. Thats why I have been asking u guys to sit tight, hold property tight tight.

U think you are the only who knows how to borrow JPY or USD to buy Sg properties?

U know currently how many $x00 million funds are lining up outside Sg waiting to crash in ? Just visit Alexandra Central and you will know. Some of these innocent looking uncles have funds behind them one.

Ok la! Thats all Office Boy can tell u. The rest is up to you guys to experience it.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Like Office Boy mentioned many many times...

The world id trying to inflate their problems away and the effects it has on us is tons of cold hard cash is coming our way. Thats why I have been asking u guys to sit tight, hold property tight tight.

U think you are the only who knows how to borrow JPY or USD to buy Sg properties?

U know currently how many $x00 million funds are lining up outside Sg waiting to crash in ? Just visit Alexandra Central and you will know. Some of these innocent looking uncles have funds behind them one.

Ok la! Thats all Office Boy can tell u. The rest is up to you guys to experience it.

DKSG
    these uncle really very rich?

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Hi everyone, this will be the fate for Singapore if we are close culture (don't import foreigners and singaporean only mindset). All die pain pain in future like japan.
    I agree that we need population increase to sustain the economy and I also wonder when willl this stop. Does it mean that the population is always increasing so that we will not be like Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    I agree that we need population increase to sustain the economy and I also wonder when willl this stop. Does it mean that the population is always increasing so that we will not be like Japan?
    I am afraid this is the only solution for Singapore as there is no natural resources. However, increasing population must go hand in hand with productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I am afraid this is the only solution for Singapore as there is no natural resources. However, increasing population must go hand in hand with productivity.
    Singapore's way out of economic downturn is not to print currency, but to print pink and blue NRICs.

It seems that BOJ does not really agreed with the new prime minister regarding deflating their currency.... Anyone know what is the reason for BOJ liking of deflation? Political? Foreign Power intervention?

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

Just visit Alexandra Central and you will know. Some of these innocent looking uncles have funds behind them one.

DKSG
    Quite a few agents bought to speculate too..

The Joy Luck Club

Yen Carry Trade will help Dow scale 14,000 technical resistance

Yen/Dollar 93.81-.82 +1.62 02/06 11:08
    nikkei up 300+ points
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Japan logs worst January trade deficit of $22b on higher fuel costs

LV increased price by 12% in Japan

No free lunch ...

now where was the other hare-brained (was it vincegoh) that claim there is no currency war threat?

wahahahahahaha

really insane 10Y JGB yield drops to 0.54%

Japan bond prices near all-time high
    BoJ governor vows to broaden scale of asset purchases

Exactly copy what US Fed is doing

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    really insane 10Y JGB yield drops to 0.54%

Japan bond prices near all-time high
    BoJ governor vows to broaden scale of asset purchases

Exactly copy what US Fed is doing
    What does it mean?
    Does it mean that the Japanese economy is improving ?

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    What does it mean?
    Does it mean that the Japanese economy is improving ?
    fairy tale economy

Default Deluge of YEN dropping from SKY!!!

BOJ To Double Monetary Base Over Next Two Years

The bank said it wanted to boost the monetary base -- the amount of currency in circulation including commercial bank deposits in BoJ reserves -- by 60-70 trillion yen ($630-$725 billion) annually to 270 trillion yen by the end of 2014.

Market players lapped up the moves.

The news sent the dollar surging against the Japanese currency to sit at 95.46 yen by mid afternoon, against 92.71 in the morning.
    The country's stock markets also saw a severe reversal. The Nikkei closed 2.20 percent higher at 12,634.54, having been down about 2.3 percent in the morning -- representing a whopping 558 point turnaround.
    Also, the yield on 10-year Japanese government bonds sank to an all-time low of 0.425 percent.

X2 money supply in 2y really really powerful

TOKYO - Tokyo stocks surged 2.80 per cent to close at its highest level in more than four years on Monday as a further drop in the yen's value ignited buying of exporters' shares.
    The benchmark Nikkei 225 index gained 358.95 points to 13,192.59, while the Topix index of all first-section shares rose 3.33 per cent, or 35.50 points, to 1,101.74.

Kuroda is the man

Nikkei 225 13,568.37
    +251.89 ( +1.89%)

Nikkei up 3% to 14,607

Yen finally breached 100 yen per USD resistance

unstoppable