Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    which freehold project is that for balmoral?
    The Balmoral

anyone selling cheap? I want, I want! fits my criteria of 3m+ for a 4 bedder.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    The Balmoral

Lincoln Suites 59,986 sq ft/175 units = 343.
    Soleil 134,160sq ft/427 units = 314.
    Park Infinia 233,000/486 =479.
    VIVA 128,105/235 = 545

Although I do not advocate using such ratios strictly, I guess we can use it as a guide. Afterall each unit does own a part of the land area.

Note also that, as Lincoln Suites' land area is so small, a larger proportion of it goes to building the 2 blocks itself and that eats into the remaining land area. They are countering this with facilities 'in the sky' just as Ascentia Sky did.
    You miss out one of the important parameter - Plot ratio.

It will be interesting to see how the rental market goes once TOP.

Will everyone be rushing to rent out?

If so, it really becomes a tenant market. I believe that half the units in Soleil are bought as investment and will be rented out while waiting for price to appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by ginseng1

If so, it really becomes a tenant market. I believe that half the units in Soleil are bought as investment and will be rented out while waiting for price to appreciate.
    I believe Lincoln Lodge (old apartment where LS will be built) has a lot of casual tenants and it's a tenants market now. No sure if these are normal 2 years lease but could be shorter.

Very convenient for tenants without cars to go to work and to shop around MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by ginseng1

If it do turn up to be as you stated, it is still targeting those from upmarket... eg. Doctors + Family members of RICH patient seeking threatment nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    If it do turn up to be as you stated, it is still targeting those from upmarket... eg. Doctors + Family members of RICH patient seeking threatment nearby.
    just for info .. how many rich family seek treatment at TTS hospital ?

i know for a fact alot of oversea rich families bought and left units empty until they come to spore, at cairnhill area, becos of Mt E Hospital ...

not so sure about TTS hospital though

FEO has a Private Medical Center cum Hotel right beside Soleil, while
    Parkway Medical Center will be across from Novena Square 2.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    FEO has a Private Medical Center cum Hotel right beside Soleil, while
    Parkway Medical Center will be across from Novena Square 2.
    if these people cum for treatment and theres a hotel at the same location, why would they need to buy soleil ?

unless they so rich and dont want to stay hotel even ..

if thats the case, then the could buy any condo, still not necessary soleil

so this treatment generated demand for soleil theory doesnt quite make sense

Bearing in mind that when Soleil gets completed, it would be a least 5 years old, 99-yr lease starts from 2006. Not sure it is such a good buy in the long-run, but certainly the rental potential is good.

I feel that Montebleu offers a better value, given it is freehold, with full condo facilities, but a good 10 mins away from Novena Mrt.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Stay in hotel, well, over-charged and no return and not worth it for long stay & no freedom. Self-purchase a property for own stay while coming for treatment is better & also for children's stay when they attend schools here (and still can hedge against inflation & diversify from holding the volatile Rupiah).
    May be the rich bought not for being close to TTSH but for being close to Novena Medical Centre and the new up-and-coming Parkway Hospital just opposite Square 2?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if these people cum for treatment and theres a hotel at the same location, why would they need to buy soleil ?

unless they so rich and dont want to stay hotel even ..

if thats the case, then the could buy any condo, still not necessary soleil

so this treatment generated demand for soleil theory doesnt quite make sense

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Stay in hotel, well, over-charged and no return and not worth it for long stay & no freedom. Self-purchase a property for own stay while coming for treatment is better & also for children's stay when they attend schools here (and still can hedge against inflation & diversify from holding the volatile Rupiah).
    May be the rich bought not for being close to TTSH but for being close to Novena Medical Centre and the new up-and-coming Parkway Hospital just opposite Square 2?
    just for my information .. have anyone heard or known of any rich indonesians who bought properties in Novena ? OTHER than Scotts /Orchard /Somerset, Cairnhill, Newton ?

I know that there are many Indonesian owners in some of these condos in Novena. Recently it was reported that many Indonesians bought The Arte.

just for my information .. have anyone heard or known of any rich indonesians who bought properties in Novena ? OTHER than Scotts /Orchard /Somerset, Cairnhill, Newton ?

I know that there are many Indonesian owners in some of these condos in Novena. Recently it was reported that many Indonesians bought The Arte.
    cool ..

are they getting poorer ? buying outside Orchard ?

or they more picky on price now ?

sometimes i feel these money from rich people ( dont mention country) .. could well be laundered money ... how does our govt view this ? or they close both eyes ?

actually i have friends who are agents .. and they said they have indo clients, looking not necessarily prime districts, but any units/location with 2-5 yr tenancy ...

so they park their $$ here and get returns immediately and not so keen on new or projects thats not TOP ..

have anyone heard this ?

Lincoln Suites 59,986 sq ft/175 units = 343.
    Soleil 134,160sq ft/427 units = 314.
    Park Infinia 233,000/486 =479.
    VIVA 128,105/235 = 545

Although I do not advocate using such ratios strictly, I guess we can use it as a guide. Afterall each unit does own a part of the land area.

Note also that, as Lincoln Suites' land area is so small, a larger proportion of it goes to building the 2 blocks itself and that eats into the remaining land area. They are countering this with facilities 'in the sky' just as Ascentia Sky did.
    This calculation makes The Sail looks like shit hole: Land area: 97,854sqft Units: 1,111 = 88

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    This calculation makes The Sail looks like shit hole: Land area: 97,854sqft Units: 1,111 = 88
    How do we calculate projects that sits on no land, like Centris, Orchard Residences, etc.?

that's why i was saying just use it as guide for people who love land. People who only feel secure owning more land (i guess more for en-bloc in the long run), can use this as a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    How do we calculate projects that sits on no land, like Centris, Orchard Residences, etc.?

Orchard still their perennial favorite. Not only Indos but the rich Chinese too. Novena also seems to be their another favorite spot (may be because still within D09-D11 and still very close to City and convenient + the medical factor + good schools nearby). Don't think they are so interested in OCR though (since never heard agents said they have rich Indos or Chinese clients looking at OCR - they only look at selected regions in D09-D11).

cool ..

are they getting poorer ? buying outside Orchard ?

or they more picky on price now ?

sometimes i feel these money from rich people ( dont mention country) .. could well be laundered money ... how does our govt view this ? or they close both eyes ?

Soleil vs Montebleu? Soleil's location obviously more superior. Have you tried walking from Montebleu to Novena MRT station? Because you can't walk in a straight line, so the walking distance is much more than the 10 minutes you mentioned. Also, Montebleu has no tennis court, how to be considered to have full condo facility?

Quote Originally Posted by tamp81
    Bearing in mind that when Soleil gets completed, it would be a least 5 years old, 99-yr lease starts from 2006. Not sure it is such a good buy in the long-run, but certainly the rental potential is good.

I feel that Montebleu offers a better value, given it is freehold, with full condo facilities, but a good 10 mins away from Novena Mrt.

Soleil vs Montebleu? Soleil's location obviously more superior. Have you tried walking from Montebleu to Novena MRT station? Because you can't walk in a straight line, so the walking distance is much more than the 10 minutes you mentioned. Also, Montebleu has no tennis court, how to be considered to have full condo facility?

montebleu got tennis court. But location not ideal to me. Unless you like bak kuat teh

just for info .. how many rich family seek treatment at TTS hospital ?

i know for a fact alot of oversea rich families bought and left units empty until they come to spore, at cairnhill area, becos of Mt E Hospital ...

not so sure about TTS hospital though
    Just for info with "?"... I am completely lost.

Novena is having more then just TTS.

No info about Indo. But at least xxxxx Juntai got a FLOOR in Soleil.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim, 1 week ago
    Maybe it is time to call agent liaw...

No... I will wait until that condo at Serangoon Ave 3 launched. If a condo near foreign worker hostel selling around 1.2psf... Why can't Soleil selling above 2k!
    Maybe you don't need to bother with that condo at Serangoon Aveune 3 anymore?

Maybe Novena is already "doing" at $1,800 psf to $2,300 psf now?

Quote Originally Posted by Property Owner, 40 minutes ago, Lincoln Suites
    Just been texted. A 2 room sold 2300psf. Looks like Sail and MBR now is a steal!
    Quote Originally Posted by andy, 1 day ago, Lincoln Suites
    Between 10-15th floor, 1033 => $18xxpsf
    Between 10-15th floor, studio => $20xxpsf

Foreigners back in private home market
    Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China
    Joyce Teo
    The Straits Times
    Thursday, 5 November 2009

New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter. -- Photo: Desmond Foo, ST

Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China.

New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

Buyers from China have dislodged those from India for the No. 3 spot in the rankings this year with a contribution of nearly 15% of total foreign purchases. This puts China just behind Indonesia in the second spot and Malaysia at No. 1.

In the past two years, India had been in third spot, but it has slipped to fourth.

Last year, buyers from China had moved up to the No. 4 spot, dislodging buyers from Britain.

Buyers from Myanmar featured more strongly, coming in at No. 8. They did not make it to the top 10 last year, and were 10th in 2007.

In the July to September period, foreign buyers – including permanent residents – lodged 2,448 private home caveats, a key step to buying a home.

This is up from 1,807 caveats in the second quarter and just 498 in the first, according to data compiled by Savills.

In all, permanent residents bought 1,389 homes in the third quarter.

DTZ said its preliminary data for the third quarter showed that foreigners accounted for about 25% of total sales, compared with about 33% during the boom of 2007.

The most popular project sought by foreigners was Sophia Residence, a project launched in July. Then came Caribbean at Keppel Bay, Ascentia Sky, One Devonshire and Viva.

Permanent residents preferred Melville Park, a 99-year leasehold condominium in Simei, the recently launched Trevista, followed by Caribbean at Keppel Bay.

About 54% of the purchases by China buyers were for resale homes, said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

Like Malaysian buyers, buyers from China tend to prefer homes priced between $500,000 and $1 million.

One-fifth of them bought homes costing $1.5 million to as much as $5 million.

Indonesians, however, tended to go for higher priced projects, particularly those priced $1.5 million to $5 million.

They like properties located at Novena, River Valley and the Singapore River.

They had been the biggest group of foreign buyers, taking first place from 2004 to 2007, only to lose the spot to Malaysia during the recent economic crisis, said Ms Christine Sun, Savills Singapore’s senior research & consultancy manager.

The latest figures featured a substantial rise in the number of foreign transactions for higher-priced properties.

A total of 86 properties priced above $5 million were sold in the quarter, up from 27 in the second and a mere six in the first.

Also, there was a 60% rise in deals for projects costing between $1.5 million and $5 million. Demand from foreigners for mass market homes was little changed from the second quarter.

Savills said recent data showed that foreigners who are not permanent residents tend to buy more pricey projects.

This group was also more likely to buy homes in prime districts than permanent residents, said Ms Sun. ‘We are hearing that more of these super-rich mainland Chinese buyers have come in recent weeks to buy prime properties like the bungalows in Sentosa Cove.’

But the big influx of foreigners to the luxury market in the 2006-2007 boom has not quite returned, consultants said.

Still, support from regional buyers could rise further. Jones Lang LaSalle’s head of residential, Ms Jacqueline Wong, said the firm has had rising interest from new potential buyers from India, China and Russia in the past four months.

‘We are one of the places they are considering. They see Singapore as a safe haven,’ said Ms Wong.

A senior private banker at a foreign bank said: ‘We are seeing some clients consider buying a Singapore property as one of a string of homes they have around the world. Luxury homes have come down 30% from the peak, so they are better value now.’

DTZ’s Ms Chua said foreign buyers see the growing attraction of Singapore as a global city and expect prices to keep rising as the economy strengthens.

‘Prices of prime and luxurious units have not reached 2007 levels and there is still the potential of capital appreciation depending on the rate of economic recovery,’ she said.

Default Soleil : Interior

Can someone please let me know of the finishing of this development.
    I didn't get to see the showflat. Looking for investment only.
    Marble or tile for the living?
    Toilet fitting?
    Kitchen fitting?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Can someone please let me know of the finishing of this development.
    I didn't get to see the showflat. Looking for investment only.
    Marble or tile for the living?
    Toilet fitting?
    Kitchen fitting?

Thanks.
    How can they sell without showroom? It's not right!

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Selling doesn't mean you need money. Cashing out and leverage to get a better buy. Upgrade your portfolio.
    Sir! I can't reply you. Your mailbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Sir! I can't reply you. Your mailbox is full.

Just clear some mails. Sorry, inbox is always full everyday.

Foreign property buyers go outside prime areas
    Districts 9, 10 and 15 still rule, but Novena, Jurong, Balestier pick up
    Joyce Teo
    The Straits Times
    Monday, 16 November 2009

Savills said district 12 - which includes the Balestier (pictured), Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas - has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year. -- Photo: ST

Foreign property investors are venturing out of traditional prime areas to snap up homes in other parts of the island.

A new study has found overseas buyers have become keen on district 12, which includes the Balestier area and which is associated with karaoke bars and lighting shops.

A Savills Singapore study found that districts 9, 10 and 15 have remained the top spots for foreign buyers over the past three years.

District 9 includes the Orchard and River Valley areas; 15 covers Katong, Joo Chiat and Amber Road, and 10 includes the posh Ardmore area, and the Bukit Timah, Holland Road and Tanglin neighbourhoods.

Districts 11 and 22 have become more popular thanks to the higher number of launches there, Savills said.

In the past three years, there have been at least 30 major launches in district 11Novena and Thomson – alone, including Viva, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, and Miro at Lincoln Road.

District 22 – it is centred on Jurong – has hosted launches of The Centris, The Caspian and The Lakeshore.

Savills said district 12, which includes the Balestier, Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas, has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year.

Its new projects include The Arte, Trevista, Vista Residences, Nova 48, Nova 88 and Domus.

‘These city-fringe projects are near to the city and yet relatively more affordable compared to core central projects,’ said Savills’ senior manager of research and consultancy, Ms Christine Sun.

Consultants say that in district 12, average prices have been lower, at about $900 psf compared with the over $1,000 psf that Novena, only a few hundred metres away, can fetch. However, the gap is closing, partly due to district 12’s increased popularity as well as the small units offered which have a higher per unit asking price.

A closer look at the sales data from the three most popular districts of 9, 15 and 10 shows that most of the foreign buyers came from Malaysia, Indonesia, mainland China and India.

In fact, they accounted for 73.9% of total foreign private property purchases in the first nine months, compared with 59.1% for the whole of 2007 when the market was booming.

A lot of foreigners came to Singapore to buy back then.

Many of the high net-worth buyers from Europe, Russia and elsewhere have not quite returned, property experts said.

But Malaysian buyer numbers have risen by 10% this year compared with 2007, although Indonesian investor numbers have fallen by 4%.

Mainland Chinese buyers are also up 7.4%, while Indian buyers rose 1.1%.

A recent Savills study showed that foreigners, especially those from China, were returning to the market.

Foreigners formed about 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

‘Malaysians and Indonesians prefer prime districts 9 and 10, which tend to be higher-priced projects,’ said Ms Sun.

She added that mainland Chinese and Indian buyers bought more homes in the city fringe and outside of central regions, such as districts 15, 16, 18 and 22.

The properties in these regions tend to be relatively less pricey and more mass market.

Western buyers, including those from Australia, Britain and the United States, tend to congregate in certain districts, such as districts 9, 10 and 15.

The Japanese prefer district 9, while the Koreans are keen on districts 9 and 10, as well as 16, which includes Bedok and Upper East Coast.
    District 9 has the highest concentration of foreign buyers, at 31%.

The other top districts popular with foreigners had a proportion of between 19 and 25%.