Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

it reminds me of 2 years back, 2007, when Soleil started its launching there had been hundreds of posts in this Forum site.(Sombody hacked this forum site, so all of posts were gone that time.)

At that time, so many nagetive people about Soleil and NOVENA AREA had critisized with "Hospital town" "Sars thing" "ghost town" etc, etc.
    But now look at the newspaper ads, D11 section, you will surprisingly realized that codos in Newton side, even new lauching projects also put ads with "near Novena mrt, near to USQ, Velocity, near Future medical Hub" etc.
    People`s perception of the novena has been changing rapidly than my expectation, guess convenience of Novena is getting favors for majorities and also one of reason is redevelopment of Orchard, and Novena is getting on the stretch of Orchard.

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    it reminds me of 2 years back, 2007, when Soleil started its launching there had been hundreds of posts in this Forum site.(Sombody hacked this forum site, so all of posts were gone that time.)

At that time, so many nagetive people about Soleil and NOVENA AREA had critisized with "Hospital town" "Sars thing" "ghost town" etc, etc.
    But now look at the newspaper ads, D11 section, you will surprisingly realized that codos in Newton side, even new lauching projects also put ads with "near Novena mrt, near to USQ, Velocity, near Future medical Hub" etc.
    People`s perception of the novena has been changing rapidly than my expectation, guess convenience of Novena is getting favors for majorities and also one of reason is redevelopment of Orchard, and Novena is getting on the stretch of Orchard.
    Yes I've noticed that as well. Even Newton Road condos ads say Novena MRT. USQ & Velocity has done a great job with 2 cold storages, air conditioned eateries and kids stuff. USQ is also planning a new carpark lift.

Really I am kind of disappointed with the Newton MRT surrounding development. Just low rise offices and then the hawker center whose only headlines has been ripping off foreigners. There should have been a balance of work, home and play facilities.

Think soliel will be doing better than expected and sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Boy from "The Interlace (D3, 99 years Leasehold, CapitaLand)" thread 50 minutes ago
    My friends just came back form the developer private preview tonight.

They are selling those with west sun and facing highway units.

The crowd are about 200+ they need to ballot to get a unit.

Pricing for 2 bedrm are selling above $1K.
    The Interlace at West Coast has just started burning.

Not sure if Soleil at Novena can made a bigger flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    The Interlace at West Coast has just started burning.

Not sure if Soleil at Novena can made a bigger flame.

you are sending the same message to so many threads ,,, whats your intention ?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    you are sending the same message to so many threads ,,, whats your intention ?
    Since you can misrepresent "3" threads as "many" threads, her/his intention must be the same as yours. So what is your intention?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Since you can misrepresent "3" threads as "many" threads, her/his intention must be the same as yours. So what is your intention?

my intention is to guide idiots who post same message in other threads ..

stay within each thread

and you must be agent like him/her as well

it is irritating ...if i want to read Soilei i read soilei

i dont need to read INTERLACE in soilei thread

thats my intention

more than 2 is many

go check with your english teacher Reporter .. ?? reporter in chinese paper ?

Actually I think this condo's name is very bad.

Firstly, everytime I have to check the spelling ... is it "Soleil" or "Soliel" or "Soilei" or "Soilel" or "Soiliel" or "Sioleil" or "Siolel"?

Secondly, how do you pronounce it, especially to a taxi driver?

Is it "Soh-Liao" as in Ah Soh has lost money?

or "Soh-Liew" as in Ah Soh has run away quietly?

or "Sor-Liao" as in Stupid guy is finished?

or "Sor-Liew" as in Stupid guy has run away quietly?

more than 2 is many

go check with your english teacher Reporter .. ?? reporter in chinese paper ?
    There is nothing wrong being an agent. Many agents (e.g. 8), some agents (e.g. 5), a few agents (e.g. 2), ... doesn't matter.

Anyhow, if I am an agent, which is perfectly fine, you must be a sour-grape loser! Ha ha ha!

Now go get your yourself busy in making more money from the market. Shouting and finding fault with others doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    19th November 2008, LUMA
    lol if 800 psf i rush in buy 2 units haha.. anw when the preview will be opened? this weekend?
    19th November 2008, LUMA
    Before you do, I would have already poured all my profits back into the market.

There is nothing wrong being an agent. Many agents (e.g. 8), some agents (e.g. 5), a few agents (e.g. 2), ... doesn't matter.

Anyhow, if I am an agent, which is perfectly fine, you must be a sour-grape loser! Ha ha ha!

Now go get your yourself busy in making more money from the market. Shouting and finding fault with others doesn't help.

the way he post the same message in unrelated thread is irritating ..

i didnt say if being an agent is wrong .. it was a simple question but you had to twist it

and it was my question to him and not to you but you had to put your foot in ...

and sour grapes ??? hahah go read all the thread from 2008 onwards and see if I need to be sour grapes

anyway not planning to waste time with you ... cos Teana whatever has wasted enuff of my time , making me read unrelated news

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

Firstly, everytime I have to check the spelling ... is it "Soleil" or "Soliel" or "Soilei" or "Soilel" or "Soiliel" or "Sioleil" or "Siolel"?

It is Soleil @ Sinaran...

Don't need to show off your creativity. In fact, it make you look very dump.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    It is Soleil @ Sinaran...

Don't need to show off your creativity. In fact, it make you look very dump.

hahaha

you are quite innovative yourself ...

how does one look ' quite dump' ??

hahaha

you are quite innovative yourself ...

how does one look ' quite dump' ??
    Too me, he is just bull shitting. So all mouth full of shit...

Too me, he is just bull shitting. So all mouth full of shit...

oh

you mean to say that he looked 'quite DUMB ' and not Dump ...

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Soleil @ Sinaran . CCR ...... 1 ........................... 1,307 ........... 1,307 .......... 1,307
    Buyers returning to Novena?

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Centro Residences . OCR ....... 17 ......................... 1,289 ........... 1,231 ........... 1,134
    CCR Soleil looks like a disgrace in front of OCR Centro.

oh

you mean to say that he looked 'quite DUMB ' and not Dump ...
    Dumb = Stupidity
    Dump = Shit...

It is bad to call someone stupid. But it is a fact to state that he is bull shitting.

"Soleil" is from French and the meaning is "Sun".
    Correct pronunciation of "Soleil" is actually like [soleju:], but think most of people just pronounce it as it is, as [soleil], with English style.

I thought this name is quite good and meaningful, because I am always thinking Novena is sunny with full of sun-shine.

Different people show different reaction..maybe because of different grade of knowledge??

Correct pronunciation of "Soleil" is actually like [soleju:], but think most of people just pronounce it as it is, as [soleil], with English style.

I thought this name is quite good and meaningful, because I am always thinking Novena is sunny with full of sun-shine.

Different people show different reaction..maybe because of different grade of knowledge??
    I love this post. Its such a succint way of saying that he thinks jlrx is an idiot. It is classic.

Now in response to my post, he'll probably write in to say that it wasn't his intention at all. Touche.

I think the name is definitely one of the better ones around and very fitting. Even the alliteration is pleasing. Just a shame about the tenure, else it'll really be a gem in this entire residential zone
    Have you met my more successful sibling 'Super Potato'?

Soleil is a cool French name.
    But I think both Wee Hur and Villas @Gilstead need French names too.
    Maybe Novena MRT station also needs a French name?

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...008137/1/.html

Wee Hur Holdings to buy 70% stake in Villas@Gilstead development

By Irene Chan, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 29 September 2009 2112 hrs

SINGAPORE : Wee Hur Holdings said it plans to buy a 70 per cent stake in the Villas@Gilstead development for S$9 million.

It said the proposed acquisition is in line with its growth strategy to diversify into the property development business.

Villas@Gilstead is a residential property project at Gilstead Road, near Novena MRT station.

It is a strata housing development comprising 10 semi-detached houses, 6 terrace houses and 2 bungalows.

It is around 50 per cent sold and is expected to obtain Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) in the third quarter of 2011. - CNA /ls

Default Soleil vs Viva

am looking at both

Soleil 2 BR or 2 +1 subsale market around 1280 - 1320 psf , LH, units below 20 F

Viva 2 BR or 2 +1 s subsale around 1600-1670 below 20 F, last units from developer (high floors) 1760 - 1800 psf approx, FH

Not sure which one to give the preference. Access to Novena MRT seems shorter from Soleil. Any opinions ?

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    am looking at both

Soleil 2 BR or 2 +1 subsale market around 1280 - 1320 psf , LH, units below 20 F

Viva 2 BR or 2 +1 s subsale around 1600-1670 below 20 F, last units from developer (high floors) 1760 - 1800 psf approx, FH

Not sure which one to give the preference. Access to Novena MRT seems shorter from Soleil. Any opinions ?
    Both are near to Novena MRT station. However, if you want to be very very near then Soleil is the nearer one as it is about 5 metres away.

Next-to-MRT Soleil in CCR selling at Ang Mo Kio ($1,289 psf), Toa Payoh ($1,222 psf) and Serangoon ($1,200+ psf) prices? And some more near to 20th storey?
    Wow! Cheap man!
    I didn't know market can be so imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by The Business Times

Serangoon residential site draws 15 bids
    Top bid of $221.2m comes from Intrepid Investments, a unit of Hong Leong
    The Business Times
    Thursday, 8 October 2009

Fierce competition for residential land shows no signs of abating as 15 developers submitted bids for a 99-year-leasehold site in Serangoon Avenue 3.

This is the highest number of bids put in for government residential land so far this year. The last three tenders had drawn 12 to 13 bids each.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) closed the tender for the Serangoon site yesterday, and the top bid of $221.2 million or $529 psf of gross floor area (GFA) came from Intrepid Investments Pte Ltd, a unit of Hong Leong Holdings.

Tuas Hi-Tech Park Pte Ltd, a Far East Organization unit, came in second with a bid of $195.9 million or $468 psf of GFA. The highest offer was some 13% more than this.

The top bids for the site markedly surpassed property consultants’ predictions – they had expected the numbers to fall closer to $400-$450 psf of GFA.

Other developers which put up offers for the site include Keppel Land, Frasers Centrepoint, Times Properties and Sim Lian Land.

The lowest bid came from Lippo Estates, at $120 million or $287 psf of GFA. The spread between the top and bottom bids was around 84%.

The results show that ‘market sentiments are still very positive’, says Colliers International research and advisory director Tay Huey Ying. They also reflect the attractiveness of the site, she adds.

The plot is next to Lorong Chuan MRT Station and is close to several schools including Australian International School. It is also near Serangoon Gardens and the CTE.

CB Richard Ellis Research executive director Li Hiaw Ho believes the site’s breakeven cost will be around $900-$950 psf. This works out to a selling price of some $1,000-$1,100 psf.

Ngee Ann Polytechnic real estate lecturer Nicholas Mak expects the breakeven cost to reach $950-$990 psf, translating to a selling price of $1,100-$1,200 psf.

Near the site, a 99-year-leasehold condominium, The Springbloom, has seen transactions priced from $633-$706 psf, going by caveats lodged since August.

The Serangoon area is an established residential estate and tends to draw families which would need larger apartments. But some market watchers predict that Hong Leong may work more small units into its project to achieve the estimated selling prices.

Also, the site’s proximity to the MRT station may draw some single professionals or potential landlords who would not mind smaller units, they say.

This is the second government residential land tender to close since the authorities announced several measures to cool the property market last month. There was also aggressive bidding at the previous tender for a residential and commercial plot at the corner of Yio Chu Kang Road and Seletar Road. Twelve bids came in, and the top bid was 35% more than the second.

The Real Estate Developers’ Association of Singapore said last week that it is in talks with URA to seek an increase in the supply of affordable sites outside ‘hotspots’.

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    am looking at both

Wow didn't know viva subsale already so high.

Take note
    Viva=FH, Soleil=LH
    Land area about the same
    Soleil # of units=427; Plot ratio = 3.5; height=36 stories
    Viva # of units=235; Plot ratio =2.8; height = 30 stories

Soleil peak prices = $1600. So $1300 seems good
    Downside = too near to hospital which could still be a stigma although attitudes are changing.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Wow didn't know viva subsale already so high.

Take note
    Viva=FH, Soleil=LH
    Land area about the same
    Soleil # of units=427; Plot ratio = 3.5; height=36 stories
    Viva # of units=235; Plot ratio =2.8; height = 30 stories

Soleil peak prices = $1600. So $1300 seems good
    Downside = too near to hospital which could still be a stigma although attitudes are changing.
    Err ... I think Soleil's peak price isn't $1,600 psf.

It's $1,845 psf for the very high floor with very good view and $1,000+ psf for the very low floor with no view.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2007

Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Soleil @ Sinaran . CCR ........ 394 ............................ 1,845 ............ 1,411 ............ 1,109

Chiong Liaw lah...

Just visited the site yesterday. 99% chance that the stack facing the hotel will also have pool view - hotel pool view... 2kpsf is no longer a dream!!!

Chiong Liaw lah...

Just visited the site yesterday. 99% chance that the stack facing the hotel will also have pool view - hotel pool view... 2kpsf is no longer a dream!!!
    Eeeerrr....if seaview then okie....but is other people's pool.....so to call it pool view seems weird...haha

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim, 21 August 2009
    Many people is hoping The Sail to go back 3kpsf again. So why can't Soleil go above 2kpsf.
    Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim, 25 August 2009
    I am not stating that Soleil will match with Sail. Sails hits 3.3k when it is about TOP or just TOP'ed. That is one of the best time to cash up a LH property. Once TOP'ed, it would depend on surrounding development or much later - enblock.

So, when Sail go back to 3.3kpsf. Soleil at 2kpsf will be consider relatively cheap liaw... Some more.. prime is still prime.
    Err ... it seems like your prediction is getting more and more real by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sail, The Sail @ Marina Bay, 2 hours ago
    a stack 3 unit was sold at $2699 psf in September ...
    ... slowly but surely crawing towards $3000 psf again
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, The Sail @ Marina Bay, 5 minutes ago
    Oh my goodness!

The Sail resale has hit $2,699 psf in September?

Wow! Congratulations!

Chiong Liaw lah...

Wow!
    Your prediction of $3,300 psf for The Sail is really getting closer and closer by the day.

Guess what?
    It's now $2,850 psf!
    It's almost there.

Reporter is a bit slow this time ...

The Sail @ Marina #61-04 at 2, Marina Boulevard

Transacted on 18/09/2009

936 sf @ $2,850 psf for $2,667,600

Originally bought on 24/11/2004

936 sf @ $1,051 psf for $983,340

Maybe it is time to call agent liaw...

No... I will wait until that condo at Serangoon Ave 3 launched. If a condo near foreign worker hostel selling around 1.2psf... Why can't Soleil selling above 2k!

Maybe it is time to call agent liaw...

No... I will wait until that condo at Serangoon Ave 3 launched. If a condo near foreign worker hostel selling around 1.2psf... Why can't Soleil selling above 2k!
    Err ... you may want to consider calling that agent after Christmas regarding your CCR/prime Soleil ... maybe next July, just like the old days back in July 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    DO NOT SELL your property especially prime ones OR you shall regret by Christmas 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    ".... 2 months to Christmas 2009 ... let's see if 2010 will be like 2007 bull run....

US$ depreciating fast.... government like China spending (get rid of ) their depreciating US$ reserve as fast as possible all over the places on resource, asset.... assume the fund and the rich will be doing similar ? ...."

That is correct. You can see how China is spending by the scale of their massive infrastructural projects all around the mainland- this does not include the huge subsidies given to their people for property, cars and even computers. Those who qualified for the benefits are not the poor only. It is like a bloated stomach, you need to release the darn stuffs anyhow and quick !