Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Some people here said "Tiong Bahru roads" not jam at all during peak hours!

Some roads are just more jam than others during peak hours!
    tats funny...its like comparing who is fatter

Is all of Novena CCR?Really?I had a unit which was technically in d11 but did not feel upmarket or posh at all.If I had to live in CCR it would have to be Grange or Nathan Road or something like that.Otherwise Tanjong Rhu,Marina Bay,KeppelDrive etc. have a nicer "feel" than some parts of CCr.

Quote Originally Posted by francophile
    Is all of Novena CCR?Really?I had a unit which was technically in d11 but did not feel upmarket or posh at all.If I had to live in CCR it would have to be Grange or Nathan Road or something like that.Otherwise Tanjong Rhu,Marina Bay,KeppelDrive etc. have a nicer "feel" than some parts of CCr.
    Well, i know what you mean. D11, yet no upmarket feel. Get worst if further down Thomson road, near Thomson medical area, still D11..., have condos like Arte, Cube 8, beside Balestier..., closed to Value Budget Hotel...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Well, i know what you mean. D11, yet no upmarket feel. Get worst if further down Thomson road, near Thomson medical area, still D11..., have condos like Arte, Cube 8, beside Balestier..., closed to Value Budget Hotel...
    when ppl start to draw lines on the map....will create such issues liao lor...hehe

tats how the ocr/ccr debate started?

Tiong Bahru and Novena so different - no need to compare lah. One is more like a heritage town with some quirky preserved HDB flats and Tiong Bahru market for nice chwee kueh - more heartlander. One is the "clinical" area with hospitals and disease centers with close high rise blocks, and shopping centers catering solely to children enrichment and children running amok - not much character but then close to children's stuff. So depends on your taste and lifesyle lor. No need to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    when ppl start to draw lines on the map....will create such issues liao lor...hehe

tats how the ocr/ccr debate started?
    it's the same with countries around the world, conflicts, wars happened when colonial masters leave or ousted in the past, boundaries, borders are drawn, then hell break lose, war start.

Tiong bahru road during peak traffic flow is ok, the jam parts i believe is after tiong bahru road into outram road leading up to AYE. The whole stretch of bukit merah road that leads to Expressway is also very heavy and tons of red lights. If u go by alexander road or by smaller road along redhill mrt, it will be much faster to get ard instead of Bkt Merah road.

if compare going to Orchard , Novena is closer as compared to Tiong Bahru. After all Novena is CCR and tiong bahru is RCR. To be fair, Tiong bahru to orchard from paterson is also very fast also(min jam).

At peak hour, any roads that leads to highway is a KO. AYE after bukit merah towards clementi is a absolute bitch.

You are 1 lucky soul to own a HDB flat in Jalan Membina. Very good location and strong resale price. Traffic is pretty smooth and coffeeshops easily accessible.

On a more serious note, now that private flat owners cannot purchase HDB flats, shouldn't it also be that HDB heartlanders be barred from purchasing private flats?

Be contented that Novena is fairly convenient. Near CTE and PIE though traffic can be heavy at times.

As pointed out, there are simply too many cars on the roads. Every person should be restricted to register 1 car only.

Lets take every posting with a pinch of salt. Those with vested interest would have done their homework. Those without vested interest and yet come into any particular thread to post unfavourable comments also have their point of view though it suggest a little jelousy on their part. Be open to all postings. I shrudder that this forum seems to smirk of more sour grapes though!

Novena's Grand Tower in en bloc sale bid
    Jo-Ann Huang
    TODAY
    Thursday, 10 March 2011

Freehold residential development Grand Tower is up for collective sale for an indicative price of S$92 million. This works out to about S$1,430 psf ppr, says its sole marketing agent Savills Singapore.

Each owner at the 33-year old single-tower condominium block in Novena is expected to get S$3.28 million from the sale.

Located at 27 Moulmein Rise and flanking Sinaran Drive, the development comprises 28 apartment units with an area of 1,873 sqft each and with a land area of 21,742 sqft, says Savills Singapore.

Savills added that this is also Grand Tower's first collective sale attempt.

With a permissible gross floor area of 64,310 sqft and a plot ratio of 2.8, the apartment complex can be redeveloped into a high-end boutique development with 70 or so apartment units at 850 sqft each, and no development charge is payable.

Grand Tower is also close to amenities such as shopping malls Velocity @ Novena Square, United Square and Square 2. It is about 250m away from Novena MRT Station and has easy access to Orchard Road, Marina Bay Downtown Central Business District, says Savills.

Recent transactions in the area stand at S$2,043 psf for L'VIV and S$2,133 psf for the 99-year leasehold development Soleil @ Sinaran.

Ms Suzie Mok, director of investment at Savills Singapore, expects interest in Grand Tower to be strong, due to its affordable investment quantum, proximity to the 3 shopping malls as well as Novena MRT Station.

"It will draw interest from boutique developers as well as contractor-turned-developers who have been actively sourcing for good land parcels," Ms Mok said.

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    Novena's Grand Tower in en bloc sale bid
    Jo-Ann Huang
    TODAY
    Thursday, 10 March 2011

Freehold residential development Grand Tower is up for collective sale for an indicative price of S$92 million. This works out to about S$1,430 psf ppr, says its sole marketing agent Savills Singapore.

Each owner at the 33-year old single-tower condominium block in Novena is expected to get S$3.28 million from the sale.

Located at 27 Moulmein Rise and flanking Sinaran Drive, the development comprises 28 apartment units with an area of 1,873 sqft each and with a land area of 21,742 sqft, says Savills Singapore.

Savills added that this is also Grand Tower's first collective sale attempt.

With a permissible gross floor area of 64,310 sqft and a plot ratio of 2.8, the apartment complex can be redeveloped into a high-end boutique development with 70 or so apartment units at 850 sqft each, and no development charge is payable.

Grand Tower is also close to amenities such as shopping malls Velocity @ Novena Square, United Square and Square 2. It is about 250m away from Novena MRT Station and has easy access to Orchard Road, Marina Bay Downtown Central Business District, says Savills.

Recent transactions in the area stand at S$2,043 psf for L'VIV and S$2,133 psf for the 99-year leasehold development Soleil @ Sinaran.

Ms Suzie Mok, director of investment at Savills Singapore, expects interest in Grand Tower to be strong, due to its affordable investment quantum, proximity to the 3 shopping malls as well as Novena MRT Station.

"It will draw interest from boutique developers as well as contractor-turned-developers who have been actively sourcing for good land parcels," Ms Mok said.
    With this news several asking price of Soleil somewhat went up above $2k in ptyguru. Wonder is it high flr unit

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    With this news several asking price of Soleil somewhat went up above $2k in ptyguru. Wonder is it high flr unit
    Sellers can try their luck, on a weekend classified ads in recent weeks, so many units up for sale...if average psf reach $2k now, rental is unable to support. Choice unit may edge up but to pay $2kpsf now for 99LH is a big jump when compared to developments close by. Check both URA and street sine website, doesn't reflect this very high psf transaction. Highest so far is $1700+ in recent mths.
    Last edited by land118; 10-03-11 at 19:34.

Sellers can try their luck, on a weekend classified ads in recent weeks, so many units up for sale...if average psf reach $2k now, rental is unable to support. Choice unit may edge up but to pay $2kpsf now for 99LH is a big jump when compared to developments close by
    Agreed. Guess might be a one off sales. For above $2k nearby FH provide several options to buyers willing to fork out this high price. Anyway lucky seller of the unit quoted in news

Owner of Grand Tower if done deal pocket $3.28mil is good deal since 33 yr old ...if some developer will pay asking price...

Land shape a bit unusual. Looks triangular to me. Anyway the developer nowadays very the creative one. They will find ways to maximise the land.

My father was mentioning that he was considering this apt in the 80s but decided against it as it was very ulu and quite dark to walk back home at night. Also, TTSH was not even built yet but rather it was the old zinc roof TTSH. Grnad Court was standing alone by itself. Fast forward now with TTSH, The various shopping centres and look at its price now. So much so for all the negative hype on Novena being a medical area and its diseases. Prices still stronger than those in Balestier side. Strange!

Good thing my unit facing pool and aay form Grand Court. Cannot imagine the piling to be done for the next 2 years.

Can anyone tell me when was this $2133psf transacted? Can't seem to find it.

Saw several ads in weekend classified, even have one listed at $880k #x-08 506sqft, good thing u did not succumb to deadline.

This work out to be $1739 psf. Still much higher psf than the low floor 581 sqf. Gathered that the very low floor 581 sq was eventually transacted at $900k (around 1550 psf). Good deal for the seller taking into consideration of the global uncertainty now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scary
    This work out to be $1739 psf. Still much higher psf than the low floor 581 sqf. Gathered that the very low floor 581 sq was eventually transacted at $900k (around 1550 psf). Good deal for the seller taking into consideration of the global uncertainty now ?
    just rejected an offer at 1425 psf for my 8th fl unit (936 psf).

My friend owns a very high floor (above 25) 2 bedder. According to him, he has problem even trying to sell at breakeven price. There just isnt any offer close to his breakeven price (purchase price at launched + stamp duty + agent commission).

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    just rejected an offer at 1425 psf for my 8th fl unit (936 psf).
    Should reject as this price can't even break even I guess. Wish u well of getting ur desired price.

It is going TOP soon. Am surprise that the caveat lodged were mostly 581 sqf and it seems that 581 sqf yielded quite reasonable profit. Take the very low floor as example. Gathered that the launched price for the unit was around $1220 psf and it was recently transacted at $1550 psf. A good $140k nett profit.

It is going TOP soon. Am surprise that the caveat lodged were mostly 581 sqf and it seems that 581 sqf yielded quite reasonable profit. Take the very low floor as example. Gathered that the launched price for the unit was around $1220 psf and it was recently transacted at $1550 psf. A good $140k nett profit.
    small is beautiful....

u see the skysuites@anson.....

developer allgreen reduce the 1bedder size from 5xxsqft to 3xxsqft just to make the quantum low at 7xxk.....

MM virus everywhr

Seems like only lower floor 581sf units are making profit. High floor units still not able tobreakeven with the current bid price especially those above 25flr which command an unblock view

Seems like only lower floor 581sf units are making profit. High floor units still not able tobreakeven with the current bid price especially those above 25flr which command an unblock view
    strange rite.....those who bot altez low low flrs aso can flip for profit but not those higher flrs....psf means a great deal

Heard from agent that the price differences between the lowest floor and the higest floor (581 sqf) is around $300k. Hence, it is a wise choice to buy the low floor with low quantum and psf when considering of rental. My personal view is that the capital appreciation and rental yield for the high floor may not necessary be much better than those low floor unit.

Heard from agent that the price differences between the lowest floor and the higest floor (581 sqf) is around $300k. Hence, it is a wise choice to buy the low floor with low quantum and psf when considering of rental. My personal view is that the capital appreciation and rental yield for the high floor may not necessary be much better than those low floor unit.
    Depending on location. If a high floor with unblock view in mass mkt condo but quantum still reachable by many, the buyer pool still good. But with Ccr condo with high price many will not bite. Just my thoughts

Wonder when's the possible date for TOP.

Sure can rent out but 1st year sure on the low side due to influx of supply.

How come I keep receiving flyers addressed to my current address on whether I want to sell / rent my unit Soleil? Didn't know that these agents can get my details.

Quote Originally Posted by ginseng1
    Wonder when's the possible date for TOP.

Sure can rent out but 1st year sure on the low side due to influx of supply.

How come I keep receiving flyers addressed to my current address on whether I want to sell / rent my unit Soleil? Didn't know that these agents can get my details.
    I inquired to FCH directly and informed that estimated TOP has been scheduled during June 2011. It`s quite soon.

Default Progress On Site For Soleil @ Sinaran As Of End February 2011

S/N Items Progress Status
    1 Foundation Work Completed
    2 Reinforced Concrete Framework Completed 3 Brick Walls Completed
    4 Ceilings Completed
    5 Door and Window Frames Completed
    6 Car Parks, Roads and Drains In Progress
    7 TOP issued Nil
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Building doesn't quite look like that in the brochure.

I thought that all the balconies will have windows and that there will be this sleek S curve shape.