Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

The question is. Is this price considered undervalued for a D11 studio? Hence may consider as a good buy? any advise please. Thanks!
    Last edited by Scary; 18-02-11 at 12:12.

Individual opinion I guess. For me, I don't really value D11 that much and good buy is hard to determine. Novena is just another town near city. If you measure by distance, Tiong Bahru is nearer to town IMO. Orchard, River valley or Tanjong Pagar.

Just think about this, 600k in early 2009 is crazy but 800k in 2010 is considered cheap. You get me? Value buy or not, it is subjected to timing. But if you intend to hold for > 5 years, then just go for it. Properties are meant for long term anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary
    The question is. Is this price considered undervalued for a D11 studio? Hence may consider as a good buy? any advise please. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Individual opinion I guess. For me, I don't really value D11 that much and good buy is hard to determine. Novena is just another town near city. If you measure by distance, Tiong Bahru is nearer to town IMO. Orchard, River valley or Tanjong Pagar.

Just think about this, 600k in early 2009 is crazy but 800k in 2010 is considered cheap. You get me? Value buy or not, it is subjected to timing. But if you intend to hold for > 5 years, then just go for it. Properties are meant for long term anyway.

On the hand, if you are the owner, is $1550 psf(for a low floor unit) consider a reasonable sale assuming that you purchased at launch price (ard 1200 psf) Would u think that $1550 is on the low at current market?

1550 / 900k is fine if you buy for rental but don't expect much appreciation. 1M is considered high to me. I don't like D11 personally. And buying beside a hospital will mean you have much lesser buyers in future. Only for investors or people who don't mind staying beside hospital. If I were you, I will focus more on quantum instead on psf. Ask yourself, with 900k, are there any better buys?

On the hand, if you are the owner, is $1550 psf(for a low floor unit) consider a reasonable sale assuming that you purchased at launch price (ard 1200 psf) Would u think that $1550 is on the low at current market?

Really? I didn't know about this direct distance thing. However, Tiong Bahru area is really jammed like hell during peak hours (because of the HDB flats and more dense population in that estate?), and takes a much longer time to reach Orchard compared to Novena, regardless of whether you drive or take MRT.

Novena is a private estate enclave; Tiong Bahru is a HDB estate enclave. Buy private property in Tiong Bahru to be in HDB estate enclave?
    May be that is why Novena is in CCR while Tiong Bahru is in RCR?

1550 / 900k is fine if you buy for rental but don't expect much appreciation. 1M is considered high to me. I don't like D11 personally. And buying beside a hospital will mean you have much lesser buyers in future. Only for investors or people who don't mind staying beside hospital. If I were you, I will focus more on quantum instead on psf. Ask yourself, with 900k, are there any better buys?

Noted your advise. BTW, would you sell at this price if you are the owner? Would you consider this to be relatively low price (in terms of psf) comparing to other studios in other D11 projects.

Noted your advise. Thanks much!
    Don't buy! U'll be better off buying a 2 bedder elsewhere even at 1Kpsf

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Don't buy! U'll be better off buying a 2 bedder elsewhere even at 1Kpsf
    Any particualr reason? I have tracked the price for soleil for a few years. Observed that the price has not surged as much as other projects in the vincity. That is the reason why i am keen on this project. In addition , it is going TOP soon.

Personally I will not get that stack 13 esp when it is low floor - southwest balcony, may or may not be that hot since low, near to tennis court may be noisy and glaring at night, and surrounded by shopping centre, hotel, and adjacent condos. That unit has been on market for some time. I will go for stack 2 instead.

Then again, for rental, it may not make much difference - even better rental yield. But capital apprecaition will be capped. Of course if market moves up, every unit will also be pulled along upwards, though to different extent.

It's a calculated risk that you have to take. Take this, try stack 2 but more expensive, or consider another fh studio. Do read that article on in search of market data by Mr Ku put up here. These are my same considerations 2 months ago when looking at this development.

The main problem is 99lh among FH n tats y its 1550 psf.... Actually for such a big project....the price shd b reflecting the market price oredi if u noe wat i mean

Any particualr reason? I have tracked the price for soleil for a few years. Observed that the price has not surged as much as other projects in the vincity. That is the reason why i am keen on this project. In addition , it is going TOP soon.
    There are plenty of shrewed investors (some in this forum) who can sniff out a good deal - this isn't. There's a very good reason why its price is not moving unlike its neighbours...

But why?? any kind advise?

I already said it is for me only. My individual opinion. I prefer to calculate distance to town. Private enclave or not, I don't care but you brought up a good point for Scary to evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by melodies
    Really? I didn't know about this direct distance thing. However, Tiong Bahru area is really jammed like hell during peak hours (because of the HDB flats and more dense population in that estate?), and takes a much longer time to reach Orchard compared to Novena, regardless of whether you drive or take MRT.

Novena is a private estate enclave; Tiong Bahru is a HDB estate enclave. Buy private property in Tiong Bahru to be in HDB estate enclave?

Near hospital. Filter off buyers who don't like to buy near hospital.

But why?? any kind advise?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    The main problem is 99lh among FH n tats y its 1550 psf.... Actually for such a big project....the price shd b reflecting the market price oredi if u noe wat i mean
    Sorry bro, i don't get you. Able to explain more clearly? can i take it that is is not a good buy with this kind of price. My objective is for rental..

for u to make a sweeping statement like this, u really dunno tiong bahru. tiong bahru isn't jammed at all during peak hours. the density of hdb at tiong bahru is even less than that of condos in novena/newton.

and why the heck do pple want to go to orchard during peak hours? shouldn't it be more to the cbd? regardless of whether u drive or take MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by melodies

Ok. Thanks for all your advises. Not buying this project.

Well, you will have your chance. Rental there should be fine. Near MRT so should be pretty decent. Your problem starts when you want to sell in future. Prices are somehow cap. But we might all be wrong

Ok. Thanks for all your advises. Not buying this project.

Sorry bro, i don't get you. Able to explain more clearly? can i take it that is is not a good buy with this kind of price. My objective is for rental..
    Soleil is a big project and there r enuff sellers to make buy/sell activity buoyant thus, recent caveats will determine whether tat unit is undervalue anot.... The project itself is definitely not undervalued....

I always rank capital appreciation first den rental yield..... Look ard for fh studios or river valley area lor....900k got plenty of choices for 1 bedder

Would the rental b a problem as this is a low floor units and there are plenty of high floor studio there? more than a hundred if I am not wrong. i am worry that i may not get a decent rental and if there is a fourth round of cooling measures and that would be lagi jialat then...

Doesn't really matter. Maybe high floor $100 more? But usually, the same for high or low floor. Cooling measures has nothing to do with rental. If you want, PM me so I can recommend you some other projects which might be of interest to you.

Would the rental b a problem as this is a low floor units and there are plenty of high floor studio there? more than a hundred if I am not wrong. i am worry that i may not get a decent rental and if there is a fourth round of cooling measures and that would be lagi jialat then...

Doesn't really matter. Maybe high floor $100 more? But usually, the same for high or low floor. Cooling measures has nothing to do with rental. If you want, PM me so I can recommend you some other projects which might be of interest to you.
    Noted with thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Personally I will not get that stack 13 esp when it is low floor - southwest balcony, may or may not be that hot since low, near to tennis court may be noisy and glaring at night, and surrounded by shopping centre, hotel, and adjacent condos. That unit has been on market for some time. I will go for stack 2 instead.

Then again, for rental, it may not make much difference - even better rental yield. But capital apprecaition will be capped. Of course if market moves up, every unit will also be pulled along upwards, though to different extent.

It's a calculated risk that you have to take. Take this, try stack 2 but more expensive, or consider another fh studio. Do read that article on in search of market data by Mr Ku put up here. These are my same considerations 2 months ago when looking at this development.
    Kinda of share the same view as you. Stack 13, somemore very low floors, early in the morning, there are 2 tennis courts below, so if you are a light sleeper, you may hear voices and tennis balls to and fro. Also because this stack face the very busy traffic junction of Thomson and Moulmein. Am sure if you stand at the traffic light for sometime during the day, you will know that there is lots of traffic at this junction. Even in the evening. Looking from the map, Stack 2 is quite close to this junction, should be at most 50m. away. Personally, even for $900k property, do not rush into making a decision, since this is not a "wow" deal. Am sure owner and agent will always say a time, if not they will let go to other interested party. Better, you study and satisfy yourself that you have made a deal that is with peace with you, rather than after u commit, maybe regret. In this market, i think you still can get a decent unit, maybe not new ones in the area. Good luck to your hunt.

actually if you are looking at rental only, then this unit may not be bad - low floor with low psf. which means the rental yield will be good. the million dollar question is how you view the potential upside for this unit in 4 years (with the new ssd, got to hold for at least 3 to 4 years). the inconvenience mentioned earlier will not directly affect you now, except your tenant and your future resale value.

upside: new hotel, new hospital coming, far east plot coming up (when launch, will provide support for price), very near mrt.

downside: supply glut in 2013 (if pr / immigration policy is not reverted), though ccr may be less affected, too many units (hence competition). with holding of 4 years, when the down-cycle comes in, you will still be stuck with this (unless already priced in and ready to hold through the cycle).

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10810

however i understand from agents that there are multiple launches for this development and many units are bought at different launch prices. so dun know how this will affect the resale in future.

of course if the owner can further lower the asking price, then it may sweeten the deal further, enough for you to ride out the down-cycle and the supply glut (? may not affect ccr as much) later. however, if i am the owner, with top coming up soon, i will not lower my asking; unless this seller is very motivated.

since you have looked at this development for some time, by now you should have a feel of how things are. make sure you know your objectives, leave enough room for upside and then maybe just follow your gut instinct.

No need to Kan Cheong, quite a number of units around $900k

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...il-sinaran-966

Owners more scare you don't buy from them.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You trust propertyguru listings?
    My experience is that super low ones - well, agents fishing for buyers. (if got firesale you think will get listed on internet now? )
    Super high ones then is genuine seller agents (sole exclusive agents some more!) (you think sellers want their agents to advertise low low?)

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    No need to Kan Cheong, quite a number of units around $900k

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...il-sinaran-966

Owners more scare you don't buy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You trust propertyguru listings?
    My experience is that super low ones - well, agents fishing for buyers. (if got firesale you think will get listed on internet now? )
    Super high ones then is genuine seller agents (sole exclusive agents some more!) (you think sellers want their agents to advertise low low?)
    Agreed. Not all listings are genuine. The agents are trying to fish buyers and when you call them up, they will either tell you the unit is sold or owner asking gone up or try selling you some other projects.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I also think Tiong Bahru jam quite bad. Although HDB flats not that dense, but seem like many vehicles (from other estates) need to pass by there to go to CBD.

Evening peak hours go Orchard wah! Why nobody peak hours go Orchard?
    By the way morning go CBD traffic sure very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    for u to make a sweeping statement like this, u really dunno tiong bahru. tiong bahru isn't jammed at all during peak hours. the density of hdb at tiong bahru is even less than that of condos in novena/newton.

and why the heck do pple want to go to orchard during peak hours? shouldn't it be more to the cbd? regardless of whether u drive or take MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I also think Tiong Bahru jam quite bad. Although HDB flats not that dense, but seem like many vehicles (from other estates) need to pass by there to go to CBD.

Evening peak hours go Orchard wah! Why nobody peak hours go Orchard?
    By the way morning go CBD traffic sure very bad.
    Tiong Bahru 0 jam to orchard every morning. Take Lower delta to river valley, turn at zion road stretch and turn into paterson. 8 mins reach Taka.

10 mins max to reach Chinatown/ Suntec area if u know short cuts, not going by ECP.

Quote Originally Posted by AAA
    Agreed. Not all listings are genuine. The agents are trying to fish buyers and when you call them up, they will either tell you the unit is sold or owner asking gone up or try selling you some other projects.
    If you haven't tried calling you won't know