Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 51015161718192021222324253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

Once was asked to do some airborne particle research at TB section of the CDC. Was shocked to learn that one condo is just 10m next to this place where they screen patients who can be active ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Once was asked to do some airborne particle research at TB section of the CDC. Was shocked to learn that one condo is just 10m next to this place where they screen patients who can be active ones.
    But so far, there was no infection case of residence of condos among those even nearer to CDC than Soleil.

But more proven thing is CDC WILL BE MOVED soon based on MastePLAN2008.
    Last edited by trump7; 05-12-10 at 17:15.

That is great news.

Any idea where they will move to as that will surely affect the husing prices in that area negatively

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    But so far, there was no infection case of residence of condos among those even nearer to CDC than Soleil.

How I wish that all the recent negative news trying to push the price of Soleil down is taking effect.

Thinking of getting one more 4BR for my parents so that they can look after my baby. Save me the hassle of travelling to my parents house everyday. The place where they are living keep having construction non-stop. From Cuscaden Royale to Orchard view and now Boulevard dunno what. Worse is that there are 2 more developments coming up. Crap. That place used to be so peaceful with all the landed housings along that stretch. I wonder how Fann Wong and et. al. can tahan...

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Any idea where they will move to as that will surely affect the husing prices in that area negatively
    I hope it's next to Soleil so that prices will drop further.

Looking to buy 1 more unit to for residential use.

Quote Originally Posted by ginseng1
    How I wish that all the recent negative news trying to push the price of Soleil down is taking effect.

Thinking of getting one more 4BR for my parents so that they can look after my baby. Save me the hassle of travelling to my parents house everyday. The place where they are living keep having construction non-stop. From Cuscaden Royale to Orchard view and now Boulevard dunno what. Worse is that there are 2 more developments coming up. Crap. That place used to be so peaceful with all the landed housings along that stretch. I wonder how Fann Wong and et. al. can tahan...

Was there negative news trying to push the price down?

Got! Some here keep saying too close to TTSH's CDC, sure can get spread disease. (so far never heard any got SARS etc just because live beside ttsh & CDC).

Quote Originally Posted by Scary
    Was there negative news trying to push the price down?

Where CDC will be shifted, the property there will drop?
    So does that mean montebleu is now undervalue cos it's beside CDC?
    And when CDC is shifted, the price will be corrected?

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    Where CDC will be shifted, the property there will drop?
    So does that mean montebleu is now undervalue cos it's beside CDC?
    And when CDC is shifted, the price will be corrected?
    people say that novena is popular becos sick people from oversea goes there for treatment ..and hence push up the prop price there

so if CDC moves out .. wont price drop ?

Quote Originally Posted by trump7

CDC is for dealing with smaller infectious disease outbreak cases. So far there is no more major outbreak, but with climate change, the warmer and wetter tropics will be more conducive for infectious disesase in future. Anyway I will want to stay near to a hospital e.g. 5-10 min drive, but not too near e.g. 5-10 min walk.

SARS
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1

Climate change
    http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming...-global-9.html

Superbugs
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_578753.html

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

CDC there, price bad.
    CDC moved away, price also bad?
    So somebody must be right and somebody wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    people say that novena is popular becos sick people from oversea goes there for treatment ..and hence push up the prop price there

so if CDC moves out .. wont price drop ?

Quote Originally Posted by sleek

Progress On Site For Soleil @ Sinaran As At End October 2010
    S/N Items Progress Status
    1 Foundation Work Completed
    2 Reinforced Concrete Framework Completed
    3 Brick Walls In Progress
    4 Ceilings In Progress
    5 Door and Window Frames In Progress
    6 Car Parks, Roads and Drains In Progress
    7 TOP issued Nil
    99LH once market moves southwards will crash as a pile of cards....1997 to be repeated again!!!

[QUOTE=hyenergix]CDC is for dealing with smaller infectious disease outbreak cases. So far there is no more major outbreak, but with climate change, the warmer and wetter tropics will be more conducive for infectious disesase in future. Anyway I will want to stay near to a hospital e.g. 5-10 min drive, but not too near e.g. 5-10 min walk
    [QUOTE] 5~10 mins drive is probably 2-5km , ideal, near enough during emergency but hospital not within sight...

[quote=land118][quote=hyenergix]CDC is for dealing with smaller infectious disease outbreak cases. So far there is no more major outbreak, but with climate change, the warmer and wetter tropics will be more conducive for infectious disesase in future. Anyway I will want to stay near to a hospital e.g. 5-10 min drive, but not too near e.g. 5-10 min walk
    5~10 mins drive is probably 2-5km , ideal, near enough during emergency but hospital not within sight...
    Please don't because of can't effort to eat grape and say grapes are all sour!

i havent come back to this thread for some time and people are still talking about CDC and hospitals in novena. I stick to my view a long long time ago that all the sickness in the area is bad feng shui

SOLEIL going TOP soon? Has the price of SOLEIL started to move upwards? Saw several transactions done (especially for the studio-581 sqf) over the pass few months.

SOLEIL going TOP soon? Has the price of SOLEIL started to move upwards? Saw several transactions done (especially for the studio-581 sqf) over the pass few months.
    This project with the new round of cooling measures, believe will not move up when closing in to TOP. Any view?

@ Scary and Fixcat

Dont understand both your postings. Why dont you look up latest deals in URA. Quite steady around 1500 - 1600 average, mostly only the smallest units move. Dont think it will be better or worse than the market, just move as to where the market moves

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    @ Scary and Fixcat

Dont understand both your postings. Why dont you look up latest deals in URA. Quite steady around 1500 - 1600 average, mostly only the smallest units move. Dont think it will be better or worse than the market, just move as to where the market moves
    Oh usually project close to TOP, price tends to trend upwards as buyer can rent out shortly or immediately. However with the measures yesterday, what likely is the buyer concerns which might impact demand and price. For discussion reason hence the question. Thanks for sharing your view. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Oh usually project close to TOP, price tends to trend upwards as buyer can rent out shortly or immediately. However with the measures yesterday, what likely is the buyer concerns which might impact demand and price. For discussion reason hence the question. Thanks for sharing your view. Cheers

flxcat, thanks for sharing your view.

Cheers
    Last edited by Scary; 14-01-11 at 16:13.

For the current market enviroment, is $1550 psf a reasonable buy for SOLEIL, 581 psf studio (low floor - Stack 13, not facing TTSH). Advise needed urgently.

Thanks!

Yes. You just need to compare sales of neighbouring new condos still under construction. Lincoln suites was selling at $1950 psf for studio of 500+sqf when launched and sold by developer in oct 2009. Soleil which is closer to MRT and shopping centre is trading at much lower prices. Although it is next to the hospital, as long as the unit is on high floor and facing away... It will be attractive. If you are renting it out, you will have an influx of foreign doctors from the medical centers and hospitals who are potential clients. It's a blooming area.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

The unit is low floor and is not the stack facing TTSH.

The unit is low floor and is not the stack facing TTSH.
    Just check the layout, Stack 13, is SE facing, directly facing the Thomson Road and Moulmein Road junction ( and appears to be quite close - like 50 m to road junction at most ), next to 2 tennis courts. So if low floor, you need to check how low. If too low floor, traffic at that junction will be noisy. Personally, if unit if above 8 floor, should be quite ok. Guess that the psf u mention, owner is selling at lower than what others may be asking, I can only guess it could be a really low floor for that price. I believe project has 417 units and stands at 36 floor, if some1 want to rent, they may try to get a higher unit floor and pay slightly to enjoy the view. Novena Suites and The Huntington the 2 condos next to this project stands at 15 floors & 11 floors respectively. Just my 2

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Just check the layout, Stack 13, is SE facing, directly facing the Thomson Road and Moulmein Road junction ( and appears to be quite close - like 50 m to road junction at most ), next to 2 tennis courts. So if low floor, you need to check how low. If too low floor, traffic at that junction will be noisy. Personally, if unit if above 8 floor, should be quite ok. Guess that the psf u mention, owner is selling at lower than what others may be asking, I can only guess it could be a really low floor for that price. I believe project has 417 units and stands at 36 floor, if some1 want to rent, they may try to get a higher unit floor and pay slightly to enjoy the view. Novena Suites and The Huntington the 2 condos next to this project stands at 15 floors & 11 floors respectively. Just my 2
    i tink all the studios there r vy bad facing......

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i tink all the studios there r vy bad facing......
    Agree, studios lowest quantum, worst facing, BUT HIGHEST PSF...

yes. it is very very low floor. At 1550 nettt. I have to decide by 2 pm. Any further advise? My intend is to buy for rental out.

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by land118

The lanched price of the low units there should be around $1200. So techically, it was a rather good profit even if the asking price is at $1550.

yes. it is very very low floor. At 1550 nettt. I have to decide by 2 pm. Any further advise? My intend is to buy for rental out.

Thanks much!
    Haha decide by 2pm? Do not let time constraint you, still plenty to look out for. If you are not comfortable then do not commit