Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cross Island Line (CRL) and Jurong Region Line (JRL) announced.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    ur house is it next to philipine embassy...... my maid go there renew passport...she also complain chialat...no MRT
    so houses near philipine embassy is a pull factor for the maids ?

I think government siao to announce MRT station 18 years in advance - I think for the Punggol East By election. This is bad news for people at Sin Ming. It means non stop construction for the next 20 years with road diversion and closure. For once, MRT announcement is negative news.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Sin Ming from being a one station stop has become a future interchange station so soon.

I just keep hearing ppl saying next time property not near MRT will be hot ... this is pure ignorance

The more complex the MRT network is, the higher value it is (as it can bring you to more places) so property next to MRT will increase in value when the total distance of network double/triple

and please don't believe minister saying 90% of ppl can reach MRT in 10mins ...that is theoretical only ... try to walk 10mins under heavy rain or hot sun ... when u are old, it is more likely u want to stay on top of MRT

Of course there are always exceptions e.g. Sentosa Cove or GCB area ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I just keep hearing ppl saying next time property not near MRT will be hot ... this is pure ignorance

The more complex the MRT network is, the higher value it is (as it can bring you to more places) so property next to MRT will increase in value when the total distance of network double/triple

and please don't believe minister saying 90% of ppl can reach MRT in 10mins ...that is theoretical only ... try to walk 10mins under heavy rain or hot sun ... when u are old, it is more likely u want to stay on top of MRT

he said 80% of homes within 10min walk of a station...
    but never say 10min is how many meter...i guess should be at least 800m to 1km blah...
    and i guess by 2030, maybe only left top 20% can afford a car(or rather the COE and ERP)

You can stay near MRT and still own 5 cars. Since when is it mutually exclusive? You just have an additional option of being able to take MRT when the roads are jammed.

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    but never say 10min is how many meter...i guess should be at least 800m to 1km blah...
    and i guess by 2030, maybe only left top 20% can afford a car(or rather the COE and ERP)

Just sour grapes lah. Like that property at Lim Chu Kang and Sungei Buloh highest value liao since confirm no MRT lines running there. MRT is definitely good news but when it's 18years away - it could be bad news means more construction for the next 18 years for those near the cross region line. Some times I feel sorry for people my generation - we live our whole lives in a construction nightmare.

Not sour grapes cos I live near MRT oso...

I would prefer to drive my teenage kids around. At least you get to see and talk to them in the car....

By 2030, who needs a car? we will have Molecular Redistribution Transfer....

Default Singapore to double its rail network by 2030

As part of the Land Transport Masterplan 2013, two new MRT lines will be built and three existing lines will be extended. This will double the current rail network from 178 km to about 360 km.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/photos/sing...188104632.html

I wonder how much of that 80% is near a LRT station instead of MRT station.

wa bro, this one so fast come out huh?? u from LTA isit??
    real one or not??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think government siao to announce MRT station 18 years in advance - I think for the Punggol East By election. This is bad news for people at Sin Ming. It means non stop construction for the next 20 years with road diversion and closure. For once, MRT announcement is negative news.

really stupid

The highest value will be near mrt interchange where u can travel north, south, east, west. The more complex the higher the value.

Why release so many "future" plan?

psychological wise, one that have a "future" target to look forward to... will work hard for it.

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    Why release so many "future" plan?

psychological wise, one that have a "future" target to look forward to... will work hard for it.

sporeans too free..
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Singaporean are really hard to please.. show roadmap not happy. dont show also not happy... no wonder we are a really unhappy bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Singaporean are really hard to please.. show roadmap not happy. dont show also not happy... no wonder we are a really unhappy bunch.
    Because everything is designed for profit to go to gic and temasek, that's why the unhappiness
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Because everything is designed for profit to go to gic and temasek, that's why the unhappiness
    hahaha
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by speculator
    really stupid
    And Also don forget those area that may be acquired by the government .

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    wa bro, this one so fast come out huh?? u from LTA isit??
    real one or not??
    LOL.....
    There is a disclaimer at the top left hand corner.....last sentence says that public discretion is advised.

If really got Elias station, I imagine it to be at D'nest ?

Yeah there may be some land acquisitions in the vicinity of the proposed MRT lines so beware.........

Guys and gals... It's not about whether you're near an MRT station in the future... It's about whether you're next to an MRT station....

10 minutes walk is tooooooo.... Looooonnnnnngggggggg........

wonder who so free to do up this which looks real & logical...
    Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    LOL.....
    There is a disclaimer at the top left hand corner.....last sentence says that public discretion is advised.

If really got Elias station, I imagine it to be at D'nest ?

Then how? want to Dig your own tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Then how? want to Dig your own tunnel?

Or like Washington DC where the White House is, the roads were full of pot holes !! No money for public facilities !

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Ya man.. I live in a GCB at Nassim Road. Not near MRT. Jialat...
    Congrats. There r exceptions, GCB is one. Mass market condo not near MRT jialat jialat....

does anyone know if the mrt station come within 200m of your estate, how much price increase can you expect from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    does anyone know if the mrt station come within 200m of your estate, how much price increase can you expect from it?
    news paper say 10-15% for the TSL, if you want to believe them that is.