Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 new MRT lines at Jurong

Default 2 new MRT lines at Jurong

Lui announcwd today when he visited Chinatown station of the downtown line...

Cross Island Line (CRL) 50km long will run from jurong industrial amd will cut through west coast, bukit timah, amk, pungol, pasir ris and end at changi.

Jurong Region Line (JRL) 20km long will pass thru jurong west, jurong industrial, west coast, cck n potentially tengah.

Checked it out at Channel news Asia...

Jurong huat x3 coming....
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

why Jurong huat?? This cross island line mainly is to bring you to Changi Airport ... if you stay in Jurong take taxi better lah

Jurong will huat if they can speed up JLD development ... not this Cross Island Line in 2030 as it takes another 18y

And JRL is mainly to connect CCK/Tengah to Industrial Area ....
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Erl aborted?

Looks like cck, tengah got potential

Singapore will have two new MRT lines, while three existing lines will be extended. These will double the rail network stretch to 360 kilometres, compared with the current 178 kilometres.

By then, eight in 10 households will have a train station within a 10-minute walk, compared with about six in 10 currently.

prop near mrt will drop?

[QUOTE=phantom_opera]why Jurong huat?? This cross island line mainly is to bring you to Changi Airport ... if you stay in Jurong take taxi better lah

Jurong will huat if they can speed up JLD development ... not this Cross Island Line in 2030 as it takes another 18y

And JRL is mainly to connect CCK/Tengah to Industrial Area ....

Over at jurong, EW line is so terribly packed... with one heavily utilise line, not so appealing wor.

With the new lines, it will not just bring convenient to nation wide.. specifically, it give more choices for jurong residents to choose for their choice if routes...

Also, this expansion will be imprtant for JLD development... with more diversify transportation network... JLD cannot develop much due to transportation woes...

New mrt lines may not push up property price any further. Mass market homes already at all time high and the price gap is getting very close to ccr homes.

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    Singapore will have two new MRT lines, while three existing lines will be extended. These will double the rail network stretch to 360 kilometres, compared with the current 178 kilometres.

By then, eight in 10 households will have a train station within a 10-minute walk, compared with about six in 10 currently.

prop near mrt will drop?
    May be... however.. I suspect the two new lines has something to do with JLD development..

Till today... LTA has yet to announce the new transportation for JE plan..
    Was wondering will it be covered in 2013 master plan

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    New mrt lines may not push up property price any further. Mass market homes already at all time high and the price gap is getting very close to ccr homes.
    Maybe but Jurong price has been one of the lowest as compare nation wide... may have more upside in mid to long term for catch up

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    May be... however.. I suspect the two new lines has something to do with JLD development..

Till today... LTA has yet to announce the new transportation for JE plan..
    Was wondering will it be covered in 2013 master plan

It helps to alleviate massive congestion at jurong east station. However i feel it is abit too late.

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Maybe but Jurong price has been one of the lowest as compare nation wide... may have more upside in mid to long term for catch up
    Why is that so? I would thought jurong west had already matched if not surpass pasir ris properties? I am comparing both ends.

the announcement is JIT for the erection.

Finally... long hoping them to announce in 2013 master plan....good for Jurong residents.

i am guessing this new line will be underground?

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Finally... long hoping them to announce in 2013 master plan....good for Jurong residents.
    when 2013 master plan is out, hope bro chestnut will have a guest appearance to give his analysis.

From the look of it, I think there could potentially be a west coast station at open field next to Infinity.

Looks like they running the line to connect Boon Lay to NTU. But definitely it will ease the load on EW line, well done...
    No detail yet rite?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    From the look of it, I think there could potentially be a west coast station at open field next to Infinity.
    If it is really what you think
    then it would be GREAT

Have been wondering what type of development
    for this piece of empty land

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

new mrt line looks weird to me.... only mrt line not cutting through down-town city area... covering ocr areas all the way...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    new mrt line looks weird to me.... only mrt line not cutting through down-town city area... covering ocr areas all the way...
    JLD is the new downtown.

JLD is the new downtown.
    Hahaha... this is a good one..

I don't really understand why NS 12 is only a dot?
    Can someone explain. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    I don't really understand why NS 12 is only a dot?
    Can someone explain. Thanks
    Lta will be building a new station between yishun and sembawang station

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

so ??... the next next future mrt line will be jurong regional line cut through CCK/Bt Panjang, and end at Punggol ??..

All lines lead to Jurong. Song Song go Jurong. West huat ah!

I think this new line has to do with developing the western area aka Jurong Lake project as the second CBD.

Frankly, this is almost 20 years away. It's like a 30 years old person must wait until lau kok kok 50 years old before it is completed. Sian man. I think its best to invest in properties with upcoming lines in 2-3 years like downtown line etc. No point waiting for 20 years for MRT station right? Life is short.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Frankly, this is almost 20 years away. It's like a 30 years old person must wait until lau kok kok 50 years old before it is completed. Sian man. I think its best to invest in properties with upcoming lines in 2-3 years like downtown line etc. No point waiting for 20 years for MRT station right? Life is short.
    Ya lor..all of us here lau kok kok liao. 10 minute walk to MRT now becomes 20 min walk in 2030....

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    All lines lead to Jurong. Song Song go Jurong. West huat ah!

I think this new line has to do with developing the western area aka Jurong Lake project as the second CBD.

I cant agree more... we cant think as if we live forever ....

huat ah pasir ris...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

If you see the news, it mentioned that 80% of the population will be 10 min walk from MRT station... hahaha.. so everywhere also MRT.... Another thing if you noticed the new MRT line for Jurong does not does not go directly to downtown. Sad