View Poll Results: Qbay versus Urban Vista - Which will sell better?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Qbay

19 51.35%
  • Urban Vista

18 48.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qbay versus Urban Vista - Which will sell better?

Default Qbay versus Urban Vista - Which will sell better?

Qbay versus Urban Vista - Which will sell better?

Default Why I voted for Qbay

With the present CM, marginal investors and upgraders will have to come up with more upfront cash, so Qbay being priced lower than UV will be more attainable.
    Actually if you look in the long term , Qbay has potential. It may not be near the MRT station, but because of the sheer number of surrounding in future, it will be a self contained estate.
    The fact that the UWC is nearby is also promising for this development.
    St Hilda's school is also nearby.

Also I heard there are plancs for Quarry Park will be developed.
    So it will be a good recreational area.

However if it were before CM7, then my vote will be UV.
    However, given the present situation, if UV is priced attractively, then they may do better than Qbay.
    So it is a matter of pricing.

3M.... Do I need to explain further even?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    3M.... Do I need to explain further even?
    Then there has to be a 4th M - money.

IMOH, Qbay and UV are 2 rather different projects. So they will target different groups of buyers.

UV's selling points would be the 3Ms and thus likely to target investors for rentals, whereas Qbay is more of a lifestyle living - being close to nature and the villa concept, so should be more popular with HDB upgraders and own stay.

UV - for rental yields?
    Qbay - for own stay and long term capital gain?

So do we have more bull investors now, or do we have more ppl buying for own stay?

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    IMOH, Qbay and UV are 2 rather different projects. So they will target different groups of buyers.

UV's selling points would be the 3Ms and thus likely to target investors for rentals, whereas Qbay is more of a lifestyle living - being close to nature and the villa concept, so should be more popular with HDB upgraders and own stay.

UV - for rental yields?
    Qbay - for own stay and long term capital gain?

So do we have more bull investors now, or do we have more ppl buying for own stay?
    Wouldn't long term capital gains apply for UV as well

Does anyone have details on what type of business/industrial will come up at Tampines Industrial Ave 1? It is that plot of land after the quarry.
    Visit and "Like us" at our Sea Esta Facebook Page to get the latest updates on Sea Esta right from your Facebook News Feed!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Wouldn't long term capital gains apply for UV as well
    Hello price

Just my humble opinion, not sure if it sounds logical....

As buttercarp-sis has mentioned, there are 9 more plots of lands around Qbay to be developed. That place is currently still very ulu, and has a potential to be developed into a mini waterfront series. To support the other 9 plots, amenities must be built. With the selling price at sub 1000psf, there is still much room for growth as compared with UV if the latter were to sell at 1550psf, esp for an OCR.

But if u were to ask me to choose one for investment, i would take UV cos it would be for rental and not for own stay And i dont have the patience to wait soooo long for a place to be developed ( i not young already, haha).

Hello price

As buttercarp-sis has mentioned, there are 9 more plots of lands around Qbay to be developed. That place is currently still very ulu, and has a potential to be developed into a mini waterfront series. To support the other 9 plots, amenities must be built. With the selling price at sub 1000psf, there is still much room for growth as compared with UV if the latter were to sell at 1550psf, esp for an OCR.

But if u were to ask me to choose one for investment, i would take UV cos it would be for rental and not for own stay And i dont have the patience to wait soooo long for a place to be developed ( i not young already, haha).
    thanks for sharing bro i like your chain of thoughts

if we look at tropica, the rental is about 3.5k for a 3bedder
    if we look at casa merah, the rental is about 4.5k for a 3 bedder
    % diff is 29%
    data above from sqfoot.

if we look at uv, target price is say 1.5k psf
    if we look at qbay, target price is say 1k psf
    % diff is 50%

So uv needs to be at 1.29k psf to make roi similar.

Hello price

all eyes will be on Qbay this wkend as the first official launch after CM7 ...

Hello price

agree. Between the 2 I would also go for UV.

UV's proximity to MRT and future commercial plot is a plus. Expats looking for rental tend to prefer units close to MRT as many don't drive. At least this is true for those expats working in my company. They can't overcome the psycho barrier of paying 10 times more for a car compared to their own country.

With soaring COE prices, MRT becomes even more important. Although COE prices are expected to ease starting next year. But provided what's mentioned in this article is still valid then http://motoring.asiaone.com/print/Mo...14-299419.html

OMG after so many CMs, if there are still a lot people looking to buy property, then the next CM will not be far behind. I though govt is sending a clear signal to investors to take a back seat (not 1st time buyers or genuine upgraders).

so Q bay should do better as a cheaper option to own stay home buyers i guess? UV should attract more investors. as sis chiaberry has posted, hopefully more investors have been deterred, or else......

敢死队 chiong chiong chiong
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88
    % diff is 29%
    data above from sqfoot.

% diff is 50%

i hear u guys say rental good. but my calculation defers.

As one guru from this forum has advised us .... in view of the CM7, most buyers will now adopt the 'one shot one kill' strategy.

So once you have accumulated enough bullets, you would die die pick the 'best location and project' .... although this is subjective, but i believe most folks would wanna be close to the amenities and MRT to secure rentals.

I dont think the rental yield will be good anymore for UV (and OCR projects) in view of the high prices, but at least the rentals would be more secured and guaranteed compared with the more ulu projects. But when economy is good, everywhere also good ...

Less demand to buy means more will rent.

As long as gls is strong, employment is low, landlord will keep voting the MIW.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    OMG after so many CMs, if there are still a lot people looking to buy property, then the next CM will not be far behind. I though govt is sending a clear signal to investors to take a back seat (not 1st time buyers or genuine upgraders).
    the CMs won't deter the cash-rich/filthy-rich/just-plain-ol'-rich. The rich will have the means to bought the fourth, fifth, sixth property without batting an eyelid.

speculators had been, most of 'em, wiped out by the previous CMs. this seventh CM has a greater impact on PR HDBs, ECs and commercial properties.

but...bo tin tin pay 7% to gahmen, buay song mah.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    the CMs won't deter the cash-rich/filthy-rich/just-plain-ol'-rich. The rich will have the means to bought the fourth, fifth, sixth property without batting an eyelid.

speculators had been, most of 'em, wiped out by the previous CMs. this seventh CM has a greater impact on PR HDBs, ECs and commercial properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88
    % diff is 29%
    data above from sqfoot.

% diff is 50%

IMO. the PSF method of calculation is no longer accurate. You should take the quantum to calculate the price to be set for the same amount of rental yield %.

e.g. Tropica 3 bedder @ $1.2m VS Casa Merah 3 bedder @ $1.4m

3.5k vs 4.5k rental = 3.5% vs 3.8% rental yield (figures are just for illustration purpose)

similarly,

1 bedder Qbay at 550k vs UV at 650k.

Rental Qbay 2.2k vs UV 3.2k = 4.8% vs 5.9% rental yield

As one guru from this forum has advised us .... in view of the CM7, most buyers will now adopt the 'one shot one kill' strategy.

So once you have accumulated enough bullets, you would die die pick the 'best location and project' .... although this is subjective, but i believe most folks would wanna be close to the amenities and MRT to secure rentals.

I dont think the rental yield will be good anymore for UV (and OCR projects) in view of the high prices, but at least the rentals would be more secured and guaranteed compared with the more ulu projects. But when economy is good, everywhere also good ...

By the time QB is completed, the new MRT will be just round the corner, so will not be as ulu anymore.

Where there is more land space around, there can be more developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Esta
    Does anyone have details on what type of business/industrial will come up at Tampines Industrial Ave 1? It is that plot of land after the quarry.
    mrt station......just kidding
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

UV ba.... Now with the CM, u have to buy places with good location... When u r buying property.. First u have to look at location. Second u have to look at location. Third is still location. Now those who buy must be super loaded with the LTV and ABSD... If loaded with money, I am sure those with cash will select good location ba...

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    UV ba.... Now with the CM, u have to buy places with good location... When u r buying property.. First u have to look at location. Second u have to look at location. Third is still location. Now those who buy must be super loaded with the LTV and ABSD... If loaded with money, I am sure those with cash will select good location ba...
    There will always be market price equilibrium (usually).
    Those near MRT will be priced higher than those not.

When market moves, the whole spectrum will move, including those near or not near MRT.

Consider Echeleon at $2,000 psf vs QBay at $950 psf.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    mrt station......just kidding
    huat ahh really got mrt...crl...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by price
    IMO. the PSF method of calculation is no longer accurate. You should take the quantum to calculate the price to be set for the same amount of rental yield %.

e.g. Tropica 3 bedder @ $1.2m VS Casa Merah 3 bedder @ $1.4m

3.5k vs 4.5k rental = 3.5% vs 3.8% rental yield (figures are just for illustration purpose)

similarly,

1 bedder Qbay at 550k vs UV at 650k.

Rental Qbay 2.2k vs UV 3.2k = 4.8% vs 5.9% rental yield
    La fiesta 600k 2.7k. 5.4% also gd.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    huat ahh really got mrt...crl...
    You referring to tampines west ah?

What is the UV launch price?

Which one is more popular would depends very much on the price now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inn0cent
    You referring to tampines west ah?
    ya lah mrt getting very confusing...