Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Policy impact

Default Policy impact

This will be my only post..... I see many worried bros and sis... No choice, must help a bit...

The objective of this is really to prevent a bubble... If formed, it WILL be detrimental to us... If we did not have the CM, the prices today will be at least 50% more than current prices... Hahahahahaha

So impact (I will only cover a few points). You need to have your own view.... I am not saying mine is rite.... Some will think otherwise. You have every right in your view...

1. Many people will find owning a 2nd unit more and more difficult. So if u have already a 2nd or more, consider yourself lucky... If u sell 1 unit now, would u do a replacement???? Would it be unsized or downsized???

2. Will there be fire sales???? Yes... Who will have this sales??? Imagine u bot a bigger and more expensive unit recently and need to sell your current unit to fund this "upsizing'. What would u do????

3. Will those who own 2 units or more sell??? Would u???? Hahahaha

4.. More will be using 'proxy' to achieve the goal.

5. Many will be 'locked out' of this came... Radha and Shanz are the few lucky ones.... CONGRATES bros.

6. Pes/roof terrace units will be more expensive if nor rare in the future.... Rare because developer needs to 'pay' for it. Most won't do it now, thus will be rare. We all know when something is rare, what happens.

7. Market will stabilize or drop a bit... It needs to drop more than 7/4% to make it worthwhile for 2nd prop investor and more than 10/7%for 3rd prop investor.
    Will it drop this quantum (depends if u apply existing cm of 3% or not).

8. It will take a few months for market to work out the impact. People analyse damn slowly... First mover wins... Hahahahahaha

9. Agents will need to grab whatever now.... They will move towards rental biz. Just like in the previous CM.

10. Hdb, pr cannot rent out. Most will shift back in and rent out their PC. Some will sell their hdb or pc (depends on what they see the market to be). There will be a shortage of hdb to rent??? Think of the impact. Hahahahahaha

OK. Enough.... The rest I will leave u all to figure out... Remember, I most of the time sala.... Hahahahahaha.. And take this with a huge dose of salt. I here to TCSS....

And please, please do not panick... If u find yourself panicking and breaking into a cold sweat... PLEASE sell... Not worth it leh.... Property is not for you...

Cheers... You all have a place in my heart....

LAST POST!!!!!!!
    Last edited by chestnut; 12-01-13 at 06:28.

Thank you!
    I say those who already bought just sit back & relax.
    Those who have not will now get their chance.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    And please, please do not panick... If u find yourself panicking and breaking into a cold sweat... PLEASE sell... Not worth it leh.... Property is not for you...

Cheers... You all have a place in my heart....

LAST POST!!!!!!!
    how about those panicked, and bought yesterday ?
    big big bro... dun go leh...

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    how about those panicked, and bought yesterday ?
    big big bro... dun go leh...
    Bro, really LAST ONE... They SMART. Bro, u want to know the impact of this...
    1. Those who have 1 pc and no hdb - will they sell???
    2. Those who have 1 or more investment units, will they sell within the next 6 month???

Do a poll and u will see the results... I ain't selling for sure. Hahahahahaha with each CM, I tell myself, HENG AH, LUCKY I BOUGHT. What about you???

Cheers... Better stop breaking my promise. If not I not trust worthy... Hahahahahaha

Cheers... Better stop breaking my promise. If not I not trust worthy... Hahahahahaha

wow bro, thanks for replying...
    i m sure more from here will rather u stay in the forum

I bought a pc 1 yr + back so I have an existing home loan. So if I decide to buy a second pty, I will have to pay 25% cash down payment? Omg. And the LTV is only 50%??

2. Those who have 1 or more investment units, will they sell within the next 6 month???

Do a poll and u will see the results... I ain't selling for sure. Hahahahahaha with each CM, I tell myself, HENG AH, LUCKY I BOUGHT. What about you???

Thanks for the analysis, I will also hold tight tight

Prices depends very much on developers now.

Whether there is enough demand for new and existing unsold launches.

Bidding prices for future GLS will be a good test of confidence for developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Prices depends very much on developers now.

Whether there is enough demand for new and existing unsold launches.

Bidding prices for future GLS will be a good test of confidence for developers.
    Many developers will stay out unless it is choice location beside MRT or something. Look at SC global, need to pay so much for extension to sell

I just realised that the latest CM is very beneficial to me

bro chestnut we the citizens of condo.singapore miss your contributions...see you again when CM 8..happens...wahahhahah
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by cornycow
    I bought a pc 1 yr + back so I have an existing home loan. So if I decide to buy a second pty, I will have to pay 25% cash down payment? Omg. And the LTV is only 50%??
    correct...
    2nd loan - ltv 50% for loan tenure <= 30 yrs and age not extend pass 65
    3rd loan - ltv 40% for loan tenure <= 30 yrs and age not extend pass 65

10. Hdb, pr cannot rent out. Most will shift back in and rent out their PC. Some will sell their hdb or pc (depends on what they see the market to be). There
    will be a shortage of hdb to rent??? Think of the impact. Hahahahahaha
    Hi bro nut, I am so happy to see you post again.
    Now I know you will be there watching us even if you don't post regularly.

Just like to ask the above: PR cannot keep HDB when they buy PC - that's the lastest.
    But what about existing PR with both HDB and PC?
    I know they cannot let out HDB now, but can they keep both?

If a couple co-own only one property, just do a transfer to one, stamp duty is only 3% on 50%. Then the transferor still can buy one as first property

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Hi bro nut, I am so happy to see you post again.
    Now I know you will be there watching us even if you don't post regularly.

Just like to ask the above: PR cannot keep HDB when they buy PC - that's the lastest.
    PR who already have hdb and pc, before the CM announced can keep both. But cant rent out hdb whole unit. BUT can rent out rooms, ok wat i think, rent out all the bedrroms lor.

Just wake up and see chestnut, tot I am dreaming,
    pl come back, but don't come back cos of CM, then I will not like u

Good summary. I will hold tight to them too and wait for good buy under proxy.

The winner is clear:
    1. Rental
    2. Johor bahru
    3. Ec (because the rule between ec and pc now similar)

The loser:
    1. Ccr
    2. Big quantum ocr
    3. Hdb (rental restriction, no more a cash cow)

Dun underestimate this CM, it will kill those upgraders with existing loan as 2nd prop 7pc absd, 50pc ltv and 25pc cash

Game over for them
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Dun underestimate this CM, it will kill those upgraders with existing loan as 2nd prop 7pc absd, 50pc ltv and 25pc cash

Game over for them
    Agree. It will cause a freeze in this group. Just when they thought they can upgrade since their home values are higher and move into the 1.5M - 2M category...
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    If a couple co-own only one property, just do a transfer to one, stamp duty is only 3% on 50%. Then the transferor still can buy one as first property
    Wow, this is worth considering for ppl like me caught in this latest CM. If I transfer HDB to my wife say assume value is 500k how much stamp duty would we incur? Thanks for the suggestion

Can transfer HDB ownership?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstar1
    Wow, this is worth considering for ppl like me caught in this latest CM. If I transfer HDB to my wife say assume value is 500k how much stamp duty would we incur? Thanks for the suggestion

Big bro, thanks for ur post!

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Can transfer HDB ownership?
    I know some friends, husband converted to sc, wife still pr and holding malaysia or prc passport.

Which rule will they follow? Sc or pr??

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    I know some friends, husband converted to sc, wife still pr and holding malaysia or prc passport.

Which rule will they follow? Sc or pr??
    Whichever higher absd, but can refund if sell off in 6m when upgrade, provided u can afford 50pc ltv and 25pc cash if 2nd loan, capital appreciation game over liao
    Ride at your own risk !!!

The assumptions are low interest rate & continued liquidity in the market, & steady rental yield.
    With 2013 & 2014 record number of completed homes coming up, and rental yield dips, & when interest rate start to rise in US during 2nd half 2013,
    do you think how many can hold when it becomes negative cash flow?
    The only consolation is that govt said the measures will be temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Khng8
    Thank you!
    I say those who already bought just sit back & relax.
    Those who have not will now get their chance.
    Thanks bro chestnut. And to khng yes I'm watching the whole saga like an entertaining Friday night movie.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    since cannot let out HDB, move back HDB to live or let it stay empty lor. rent out room can, but must keep at least one room ownself "use". but the yield renting out 1 room is lower, is it not? there will be some rule to cover this, i'm sure.

I have a 1st Private condo fully paid, no loan. How will this new CM affect me if I want to get 2nd pc?

5. Many will be 'locked out' of this came... Radha and Shanz are the few lucky ones.... CONGRATES bros.

bro nutty, thank you. indeed a big "HENG" ah..

you have a place in our hearts too. thanks for watching out for us.