Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $92,100 COE

Ride at your own risk !!!

looks like STI chart...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    looks like STI chart...
    i also say...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    What do u mean?
    what i mean is that early 2009 everything was cheap cheap cheap the world was coming to an end then at least thats what most people thought...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    what i mean is that early 2009 everything was cheap cheap cheap the world was coming to an end then at least thats what most people thought...
    Cheap compared to now lah but then it was still pretty expensive then, I remember. However, there was not many CM to curb or restrict our purchase then. That was very important.

Yo u work night shift?

Kovan residences $700+psf back then... and many more of course. MPR... Caspian...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    looks like STI chart...
    no lah, STI not even 3,800 yet

If STI was 3800, COE would have been well past the $100k mark.

any TA analist can tell u COE price is now outside of the rising band .... that means extremely bullish

Enter higher uptrend channel.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I like the last 4 point.. the "curve" was damn POWER!!

Got a chart for Cat B?

Default 150K COE coming!

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...inues-20130115

The tsunami from property regulations will swarm over to cars. Other than houses, the next big ticket item for Singaporeans are cars!

100K by CNY guaranteed.

Eh, how come no CM for cars? The price has gone up three-fold from mid-2000s.

It is so easy to cool the COE. Just increase the quota like what they do with more GLS in property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...inues-20130115

The tsunami from property regulations will swarm over to cars. Other than houses, the next big ticket item for Singaporeans are cars!

100K by CNY guaranteed.

Eh, how come no CM for cars? The price has gone up three-fold from mid-2000s.

One expat complained to me ... in Singapore you make $$ 200k pa seems a lot but once u starting buy car buy property hire maid + international school ... all so ex ... at the end nothing left ... so if you want to save and invest then no qualify of life ... if enjoy quality of life (maid+car+condo as roof) then no saving to invest ... LPPL

LPPL is such a good word to describe Singapore life

for expats:

lppl
    hokkien (chinese dialect), commonly used in singapore. literally means to bang your balls against your dick. used when you are stuck in a situation and no matter how you try to change it, the end result is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It is so easy to cool the COE. Just increase the quota like what they do with more GLS in property.
    Yes, it's easy, but sustainable? Look at what happened to Ex minister Raymond Lim...

One expat complained to me ... in Singapore you make $$ 200k pa seems a lot but once u starting buy car buy property hire maid + international school ... all so ex ... at the end nothing left ... so if you want to save and invest then no qualify of life ... if enjoy quality of life (maid+car+condo as roof) then no saving to invest ... LPPL

for expats:

lppl
    hokkien (chinese dialect), commonly used in singapore. literally means to bang your balls against your dick. used when you are stuck in a situation and no matter how you try to change it, the end result is the same.
    I have written off Singapore for retirement for peasants like myself. The amt of social security does not equal to e tax we r paying indirectly. The money has disappeared somewhere... u guys shd know something is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I have written off Singapore for retirement for peasants like myself. The amt of social security does not equal to e tax we r paying indirectly. The money has disappeared somewhere... u guys shd know something is not right.
    if u believe in PAP, Temasek / GIC are supposed to increase payout to address SG aging problem in next 20/30y ... we will be one day like Japan ... we are saving for rainy days ahead

lppl

if u believe in PAP, Temasek / GIC are supposed to increase payout to address SG aging problem in next 20/30y ... we will be one day like Japan ... we are saving for rainy days ahead
    The returns r quite low. Cld have spurred govt to open immigration flood gate for instant GDP growth. We r now paying back to patch up e flaws. I doubt we will get to c our national reserves. New immigrants r also nor reproducing much. End up diluting reserves...

The returns r quite low. Cld have spurred govt to open immigration flood gate for instant GDP growth. We r now paying back to patch up e flaws. I doubt we will get to c our national reserves. New immigrants r also nor reproducing much. End up diluting reserves...
    as i highlighted b4, the truth is some way in btn ... it is no way as high as 17% compound return in as claimed by Temasek nor it is loss making

i am just concerned whether 4% CPF return is sustinable in next 20-30y

as i highlighted b4, the truth is some way in btn ... it is no way as high as 17% compound return in as claimed by Temasek nor it is loss making

i am just concerned whether 4% CPF return is sustinable in next 20-30y
    Temasek owns a lot of GLCs, n e GLCs earn $ from? How to make loss? Time to subsidise e buses n MRT.

Temasek owns a lot of GLCs, n e GLCs earn $ from? How to make loss? Time to subsidise e buses n MRT.

ur analogy is so simple. like that why not ask for a free PC per citizen?

for expats:

lppl
    why do the expat need a car and a house? they are lving the singapore dream ? if they are tranit here then house is utility. like water just pay rent. times up go home.

if they plan to stay here then they would have to join the rat race. so its a investment.

also if they want to localized then no need go international school mah.. if not they should have nego a better package .. coz 200K is not a expat package.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    why do the expat need a car and a house? they are lving the singapore dream ? if they are tranit here then house is utility. like water just pay rent. times up go home.

if they plan to stay here then they would have to join the rat race. so its a investment.

also if they want to localized then no need go international school mah.. if not they should have nego a better package .. coz 200K is not a expat package.
    200K is already better off than most of us actually. Just work five years then pay off car, only need to service home loan or rent.

Quote Originally Posted by minority

Yes, I agree about the expat package.
    I think it should be more, mabbe at least $400K?
    My FT neighbour renting his unit for $5k per month, child goes to UWC, wife does not work, has a maid. ..... so I assume he should be getting more than 200k per year.

UWC per month quite chor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    200K is already better off than most of us actually. Just work five years then pay off car, only need to service home loan or rent.

no need to pay rent or loan? no need to eat? no other expenses like send kids to school and domestic help? actually not much left after all the overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    My FT neighbour renting his unit for $5k per month, child goes to UWC, wife does not work, has a maid. ..... so I assume he should be getting more than 200k per year.

wont comment how much is all depends what the roles and responsibility. I am saying 200K these days are not a lot of $. after u factor in all the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp

wont comment how much is all depends what the roles and responsibility. I am saying 200K these days are not a lot of $. after u factor in all the cost. even locals are paid more than this these days.