Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: 3rd IR to be in Bukit Timah Hill?!?!?!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    76

    Default 3rd IR to be in Bukit Timah Hill?!?!?!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    how reliable is that website?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    672

    Default

    If true, then "seow liow" (Hokkien).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Have you people heard about the Mandai area last was meant for something which did not happen and the something actually went to HK?

    What is the likely future plan, anyone knows?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    76

    Default

    This is what they say:

    About us: We are Asia Leading Weaponry System Design Integration Company. And, owners of 12 Local Motorsports Race Teams in Singapore. (Participate in local races at Changi Motorsports Hub only)
    Appoint as the operation team for both of the Chinese & Korean F1 Race Teams in year 2010.

    Hmm...so weapons contractor, possible ties with the GOVT?

    They even offer feasibility studies for nuclear power options for Singapore.

    AND THEY HAVE NUCLEAR REACTOR AND NUCLEAR FUEL FOR SALE!!


    http://www.nuclearsolution.romanmbt.com/

    Dun play play

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PropertyNewbie
    this site is talking nonsense lah. I think they are thinking Bukit Timah hill is Genting Highland.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Have you people heard about the Mandai area last was meant for something which did not happen and the something actually went to HK?

    What is the likely future plan, anyone knows?
    Yes. Singapore Disneyland. It was supposed to be between Yio Chu Kang and Khatib MRT station. Heard Disney wants to buy the land but SG government don't allowed. Not deal then back in 80s.
    Visit and "Like us" at our Sea Esta Facebook Page to get the latest updates on Sea Esta right from your Facebook News Feed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,739

    Default

    is company linked to mah bow tan?
    after all mah bow tan now operating river cruise.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    IF there is a 3rd IR, the site selection is quite limited, but never in a residential area in Bukit Timah lah !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    they just sent one gambling site away from the area, you think they will invite another one there so soon.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137

    Default

    cannot be ... wouldn't that be touching the most traditional area of wealth? and the massive jam it would cause to the residential areas ... besides ... wouldn't the previous targeted sites such as Tanjong Rhu be more likely for the 3rd IR? there's more than enough land to build any special projects

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ichigo55
    cannot be ... wouldn't that be touching the most traditional area of wealth? and the massive jam it would cause to the residential areas ... besides ... wouldn't the previous targeted sites such as Tanjong Rhu be more likely for the 3rd IR? there's more than enough land to build any special projects
    I thought the speculation was JLD will have a casino and theme park..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    Bukit Timah Hill is at Upper Bukit Timah and not exactly a traditional area of wealth. But still highly unlikely any theme park or casino in that area because the area is under conservation as our precious central nature reserves. Bukit Timah Hill has more flora and fauna than the entire North America - it is a treasure trove and our only primary rainforest left.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    sacrificing the greenery for snazzy casino lights?? doubt it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Esta
    Yes. Singapore Disneyland. It was supposed to be between Yio Chu Kang and Khatib MRT station. Heard Disney wants to buy the land but SG government don't allowed. Not deal then back in 80s.
    Disney did not want to pay for the land.Our govt stuck to the principle that land is not FOC

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    i find disneyland HK crap. nothing like the one in LA. for these parks, you need endless amounts of space and a cool weather.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i find disneyland HK crap. nothing like the one in LA. for these parks, you need endless amounts of space and a cool weather.
    Heard the Florida is bigger.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Heard the Florida is bigger.
    that one is apparently like the flagship disneyland. not been there before unfortunately.

Similar Threads

  1. Bukit Timah's Juniper Hill to open for sale from July 13; prices start from S$1.6m
    By reporter2 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 28-06-19, 00:21
  2. Replies: 2
    -: 17-05-19, 17:49
  3. Juniper Hill | The Bukit Timah Collection
    By SGPropertySales in forum District 10
    Replies: 3
    -: 07-01-19, 10:47
  4. Replies: 0
    -: 29-10-18, 12:10
  5. Bukit 828 Freehold in Upper Bukit Timah Road
    By uncleloh in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 1
    -: 01-10-18, 23:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •