Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion - Hillview

Default Opinion - Hillview

Hi all...please offer your opinion in Hillview area. Is this a good place for stay/investment/others?

All your XX cent worth of opinion(s) and view(s) are appreciated. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi all...please offer your opinion in Hillview area. Is this a good place for stay/investment/others?

bad...

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    bad...
    Hi. Thanks for being the first input.

Please kindly shed more light on why Hillview area is classified under bad category. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    bad...
    at least it is not "worse" or "worst" (positive thinking)

one word doesn't tell or convince or convey anything. pls elaborate.

Easy, just look at govt plans to spruce up or rejuvenate the area or vicinity.

If there's nothing, best not to go in.

However, short of the above, if FEO is one of the first mover in the area, you can more or less be sure there is upside if there are unrealised GLS nearby.

That's all the change I have in my pocket.

So now it's Sinai and Hillview?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Easy, just look at govt plans to spruce up or rejuvenate the area or vicinity.

If there's nothing, best not to go in.

However, short of the above, if FEO is one of the first mover in the area, you can more or less be sure there is upside if there are unrealised GLS nearby.

That's all the change I have in my pocket.
    Hi.. Thanks for spending the remaining changes in your pocket to share your view(s) in Hillview area.

I am unsure of the upside but the emerging of nearby Eco Santuary, with chestnut drive vicinity somehow will congest the area.

not good coz its not mt senile .

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    So now it's Sinai and Hillview?
    Hi.. I am only keen in Mt Sinai.

The reason why I raise Hillview area because I feel it is somehow neglected when so much attention falls on Punggol, Sengkang, Bishan, Tenan Merah and West coast these days.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    I cannot find Mt Senile in Singapore map, though there is a Mt Sinai in the central Singapore map.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    LOL!!!

pwn this yowetan more!
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Hillview will huat if railroad is the 3rd IR lol
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Rental is suppressed with many condo there but little job near it

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Hillview will huat if railroad is the 3rd IR lol
    Obviously you didn't read my CaeSars story very deeply...

Ever heard of cashino roulette on rail? LOL

Hillview's appeal, was / is / soon will not be, of it's quietness, which is the reason a lot of private property seekers looking for in general (not restricted to Hillview only).

If crowds are brought there due to all the many new developments and MRT, it will lose it's appeal.

Up till now, Hillview property upside is rather conservative compare to other areas, rental rather stable and reasonable for both tenants and landlords.

Do not have a crystal ball to know what will happen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Hillview's appeal, was / is / soon will not be, of it's quietness, which is the reason a lot of private property seekers looking for in general (not restricted to Hillview only).

If crowds are brought there due to all the many new developments and MRT, it will lose it's appeal.

Up till now, Hillview property upside is rather conservative compare to other areas, rental rather stable and reasonable for both tenants and landlords.

Do not have a crystal ball to know what will happen in the future.
    Hi..thanks for pointing out the conservative and serene perspective; in this aspect how do you see it comparing to Mt Sinai area where the latter is also very near to Buona Vista/Holland V and relatively nearer to the city but also greenary and quiet?

Further to the above query, what do you think of hillview area which is a distant away to the Hiller and the DTL Hillview station, i.e. Lam Soon building area/Hillview Avenue notably the Lanai (FE0) project. Will that be good enough to steer clear from the anticipated crowd if there is any from year 2015 when the project(s) [MRT and Hillier] completes?

at current prices, hillview has lousy yield

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    LOL!!!

pwn this yowetan more!
    No point advising. Can he afford?? tek kor view (bamboo pole view) maybe can lah...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Rental is suppressed with many condo there but little job near it
    Unlike geylang many job but little condo...maybe
    Lot of condoms....
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    at current prices, hillview has lousy yield
    Hi..If we see it from the other angle - the price of Hillview is still remains "afforable", "reasonable" and competitive comparing to other housings/private properties in other part of the island?

Quote Originally Posted by slepland
    No point advising. Can he afford?? tek kor view (bamboo pole view) maybe can lah...
    Hi..looking it in a positive note - Bamboo pole view is a projectile view to future opportunitie(s).

if you don't mind 3% rental yield or less, you can invest in hillview
    Hi..If we see it from the other angle - the price of Hillview is still remains "afforable", "reasonable" and competitive comparing to other housings/private properties in other part of the island?

i agree that due to lack of infrastructures and yet pricing on a high side, yield is bad. for own stay and if u like nature and dont mind location, go upper thomson better.
    the main road connecting hillview and the upper bukit timah area has been constructing for the last 10 yrs if i remember correctly. i want to eat a bowl of noodle at night also difficult eh, limited choice...traffic no good especially morning peak hr...
    if you talk about upside, everywhere also potential, look at yishun, woodland, bukit panjang, etc.

just my opinion, No for hillview. but i wont be surprise they might be announcing something for the west and north west soon

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    i agree that due to lack of infrastructures and yet pricing on a high side, yield is bad. for own stay and if u like nature and dont mind location, go upper thomson better.
    the main road connecting hillview and the upper bukit timah area has been constructing for the last 10 yrs if i remember correctly. i want to eat a bowl of noodle at night also difficult eh, limited choice...traffic no good especially morning peak hr...
    if you talk about upside, everywhere also potential, look at yishun, woodland, bukit panjang, etc.

just my opinion, No for hillview. but i wont be surprise they might be announcing something for the west and north west soon
    Hi...noted your observation on the connecting junction.

Hi Regulators, would you mind elaborate or showing an example of how you derive the above yield rate?

If it is for own stay - Is it a good buy, minus away investment intent.

Wen the Bukit timah downtown line is up in 2015, it will be v convenient. Next year gov will announce the next 5 year master plan and railway line future use.......smart investors will wait for the potential of tis neglected region.

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    Wen the Bukit timah downtown line is up in 2015, it will be v convenient. Next year gov will announce the next 5 year master plan and railway line future use.......smart investors will wait for the potential of tis neglected region.
    .....when you see the potential, it would be already too late....seems like developers are holding back their launches in the area.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Many broadcasting antennas & transmission stations around there...
    Heard some people got health issues, after moved away disappeared, not sure whether got to do with all these stations?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Heard some people got health issues, after moved away disappeared, not sure whether got to do with all these stations?
    more or less marbe..

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    really?
    but condo can't be so near there right?

or you mean the 'tramission wave' flowing around that area?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)