http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/quest...looking-to-pur

if govt policy is to attract top FTs
    means these FTs prob have lots $$$
    then how?
    more ghost towns? who affected most?

recently read quite a few of such qns when surfing
    seems more n more foreigners think better to buy not rent
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

It has started a few years ago. You can ask people here on how many of their tenants has stopped renting as they have bought a place. I have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis

then how?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It has started a few years ago. You can ask people here on how many of their tenants has stopped renting as they have bought a place. I have one.
    Urs is MM or large 2-3 bedder? I believe 1 bedder MM demand will continue to go up both in terms of rental n sales.

Yes, it may be possible.
    Then it may become like HK where the housing prices are too exorbitant for the commoner and the blue collared workers.
    But I think our government will control the situation by introducing more CMs.

it's happening
    rich FT is either PR or new citizen
    buy private property, park their $$ for high yield assuming property price continue to inch up, cash out and return home ... huat ah
    isn't there was an article tallk about an Indian FT ... take max loan and max period. monthly mortgage is cheaper than monthly rent with the conclusion it's stupid to rent

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis

then how?

10% ABSD is a deterent... FT buay song mah...

If the rent is foot buy company, then doesnt make sense to buy.

will never happen.

it is too expensive.

the profile of foreigners range from the marginal to the filthy rich.... not all can put down that kind of money and pay the ABSD even if they are willing (and many are still unwilling).

rentals will always be there, it will just vary according to market conditions.

when there are no more S or E passes then We kan jong again. u look at me I look at u. No 1 rent.

Then blame jeng hu lor! Thats always the case mah. just complain!!! tats what we are good at.

80-20 rule applies, not all will want to buy.

Bro, mine started in 2005 when my tenant bot his own place because he rented from me for 8 years... He wanted to buy my unit. I did not sell. He bot a unit in the same development for 1.2 Mil then. But I still rented out my unit... Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    80-20 rule applies, not all will want to buy.
    Bro, you are so rite... Those who want to become citizen will most probably buy.... Those who want to be PR, may buy. Those who marry a citizen will definitely buy (ok la - 80% chance).
    Hahahahaha

happened to me too my ex hdb tenant bought a 2bedder resale pc...and moved out...so i moved in to my hdb..
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

A lot of new condos under construction are at Pasir Ris. I expect most buyers r HDB upgraders nearby. Renting could b competitive when they start to TOP. Owners of e PC tt TOP first stands to gain more.

Large two bedders. No problem with rental as it is in D1.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Urs is MM or large 2-3 bedder? I believe 1 bedder MM demand will continue to go up both in terms of rental n sales.

A lot of new condos under construction are at Pasir Ris. I expect most buyers r HDB upgraders nearby. Renting could b competitive when they start to TOP. Owners of e PC tt TOP first stands to gain more.
    I have quite a number of friends who bought the BUC PCs at pasir ris for own stay. Two families are HDB upgraders who intend to shift into the PCs and rent out their HDBs in the future. Another one is an elderly lady who lives in a semi-D at changi. After her husband passes away earlier this yr, her fear of staying alone grew increasingly so she bought herself a 2br at RB for own stay. Now she is trying to dispose off her landed and temp move in with one of her sons staying in HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    I have quite a number of friends who bought the BUC PCs at pasir ris for own stay. Two families are HDB upgraders who intend to shift into the PCs and rent out their HDBs in the future. Another one is an elderly lady who lives in a semi-D at changi. After her husband passes away earlier this yr, her fear of staying alone grew increasingly so she bought herself a 2br at RB for own stay. Now she is trying to dispose off her landed and temp move in with one of her sons staying in HDB.
    The number of PCs in tt area is very large. New BTOs r coming up also (I believe some will rent out 1 or 2 rooms). My friend who shifted to Livia had slight difficulty getting good rental for his large HDB last year, n had terminated his lease due to problematic tenant recently. Going forward, I c this area challenging.

The number of PCs in tt area is very large. New BTOs r coming up also (I believe some will rent out 1 or 2 rooms). My friend who shifted to Livia had slight difficulty getting good rental for his large HDB last year, n had terminated his lease due to problematic tenant recently. Going forward, I c this area challenging.
    I guess those who work in the far east will rent the units there. Another group would be those with tighter budget. Since the pcs there are sold relatively cheaper than most other parts of sg, they should be leased out at lower rentals as well, esp the larger units. Not so sure if there will be rental market for the 1br there though...

Not vested there but I believe there will always be market for diff segments.

a see very little subsale/resale/new-sale supply on the market for them to tap on.