Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A very sincere advice to young property investors:

Bro, can I ask a 'stupid' question. How much does your cleaner earn? Hahahahahaha.

I want to apply for the job in your office... I only earn so little. Hahahahahaha. Can pm me if got vacancy... Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    What about when cleaners talk about buying OCR condo leh ?
    That day may not be too far away.

Office Boy will now and then talk to cleaners since I need them to clean up the office ... many are now talking about how much they can sell their HDB for and whether can buy OCR condos ...

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    What about when cleaners talk about buying OCR condo leh ?
    That day may not be too far away.

Office Boy will now and then talk to cleaners since I need them to clean up the office ... many are now talking about how much they can sell their HDB for and whether can buy OCR condos ...

DKSG
    practically possible to do if they stay in redhill and move to woodlands OCR. sell 5rm hdb in redhill 800k can buy northoaks leow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    practically possible to do if they stay in redhill and move to woodlands OCR. sell 5rm hdb in redhill 800k can buy northoaks leow.
    Brudder, how many of such situation have u seen???? Brudder, this cleaners tend to be old and looking for 'maintenance' of their life. They need supplement $$$$. There will be exceptions, but please don't look for exceptions... Look for majority. Look for the 80, not the 20. For it is the 80 that will create demand and move mountain... The 20 can only move mole hill...

Hahahahahahaha

Oops, I think back, maybe you all are rite... Cleaners talk about condo upgrade and execute, u better offload in due time...

Bro, in stock market, when ah Soh talk about stock, it means time for a "crash" because everyone is in... No one else to sell to... Peak has been established...

Oops, paiseh... People tell me no way of determining peak or crash... I retract wat I said... Salah... Hahahahahaha

Most of the time I salah one... Please listen to me with a whole spoon of salt... Not a pinch of salt hor....

Last edited by chestnut; 18-12-12 at 05:45.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Brudder, how many of such situation have u seen???? Brudder, this cleaners tend to be old and looking for 'maintenance' of their life. They need supplement $$$$. There will be exceptions, but please don't look for exceptions... Look for majority. Look for the 80, not the 20. For it is the 80 that will create demand and move mountain... The 20 can only move mole hill...

Hahahahahahaha

Oops, I think back, maybe you all are rite... Cleaners talk about condo upgrade and execute, u better offload in due time...
    aiya, office talk only. talk no need money. cleaners also need to have some dreams mah. dream.. and do.. is different.

in reality, ppty and stocks are 2 diff things. cleaners talk abt stock, they can go and buy. cleaners talk abt ppty.. how to buy? and to move from redhill to woodlands.. if heaven and earth. they wun do it lah.

anyway the point here is not whether they doing it or not. the fact is that OCR cost cheaper than HDB, which in all time of recent history, has been so, not just now.

Brudder, according to dksg, they talk about buying leh....

U must practice "empathy". Do cleaners talk about owning, I stress - owning
    1. patek, AP, Rolex?
    2. Maserati - your car?
    3. Dinner at posh restaurant?
    4. Condo?

They talk, yes, they talk about how expensive - yes, they talk about their children in future will have difficuty affording - yes.

Brudder, I use this forum also as a tell tale sign for me to predict the future leh... I share with you... No problem... You want to see it my way or not, I also no problem... Hahahahahaha

Most of the time I salah... So I think u all rite... No prob... Hhahahahha

aiya, office talk only. talk no need money. cleaners also need to have some dreams mah. dream.. and do.. is different.

in reality, ppty and stocks are 2 diff things. cleaners talk abt stock, they can go and buy. cleaners talk abt ppty.. how to buy? and to move from redhill to woodlands.. if heaven and earth. they wun do it lah.

anyway the point here is not whether they doing it or not. the fact is that OCR cost cheaper than HDB, which in all time of recent history, has been so, not just now.

Brudder, according to dksg, they talk about buying leh....

U must practice "empathy". Do cleaners talk about owning, I stress - owning
    1. patek, AP, Rolex?
    2. Maserati - your car?
    3. Dinner at posh restaurant?
    4. Condo?

They talk, yes, they talk about how expensive - yes, they talk about their children in future will have difficuty affording - yes.

Brudder, I use this forum also as a tell tale sign for me to predict the future leh... I share with you... No problem... You want to see it my way or not, I also no problem... Hahahahahaha

Most of the time I salah... So I think u all rite... No prob... Hhahahahha

:che ers4:
    Hi sir, need ur advice. Currently I just cash out from my property and bought a new condo in the west, should I fully paid the condo or use part of the money to buy another one? For example I have $1.4m in cash plus cpf than loan extra another 600k with bank to purchase the first property. Than look for a 2 beded condo for about $900k and loan another $300k from bank b than rent out the unit. Total outstanding loan 900k. Or just be happy with Wat I have dun go for any loan be happy go lucky stress less life style

Quote Originally Posted by Cryingfreeman
    Hi sir, need ur advice. Currently I just cash out from my property and bought a new condo in the west, should I fully paid the condo or use part of the money to buy another one? For example I have $1.4m in cash plus cpf than loan extra another 600k with bank to purchase the first property. Than look for a 2 beded condo for about $900k and loan another $300k from bank b than rent out the unit. Total outstanding loan 900k. Or just be happy with Wat I have dun go for any loan be happy go lucky stress less life style
    If I can take the maximum 80% LTV for first property and got enough money for the second after getting the 60% LTV, then I would buy 2 properties. Previously when I was younger, I did not think this way and wanted to pay off the loan ASAP and lead a carefree life ( which I did for many years). But as I grow older, I have to think about passive income as retirement draws nearer.

...deleted...
    Last edited by Shanhz; 18-12-12 at 07:56.

bro chestnut, actually i just made a simple comment that sell redhill can buy OCR. i never conclude now peak or not peak. aunty or no aunty. meant to be an innocent comment only.

not quite sure what you are driving at. maybe you can enlighten please.
    Last edited by Shanhz; 18-12-12 at 08:05.

Brudder, I not referring to u

I say will the cleaners la... Not u...

Bro, u totally misunderstand me...

Aiyo

bro... i think you have the wrong image of me.

forum.. talk is cheap. i live a very frugal life, and i have been brought up in a frugal way.

the most expensive watch i have is a tag heuer which i have been wearing for 3 years+. by the way, i bought it 2nd hand at $800. new one - 2k - too expensive for me.

my car - bought 2nd hand, drive for few years leow. humble jap. not maserati. i have never owned a new car in my whole life b4.

restaurant - i have not spent my own money to eat a $50 dollar meal... perhaps.. in the last 10 years. we eat out about say... once in 2-3 weeks. the most expensive restaurant i have ate at.. on my own $$$... is crystal jade. in the last few years.

condo - ok lah, you all know the story.

my parents supported me till JC. after that, i put myself thru uni on my own funds. every $$$ i have.. is blood and sweat that i earn myself. i still give my parents allowance. they dun have any retirement income like all of us are planning for.

emphathy? my mum worked as a cleaner (other than during times when she was a housewife). my dad worked many jobs - after losing his co in the 1980s downturn. he been everything - mama shop owner, lorry driver, taxi driver, warehouse assistant. i dunno you well - but i dun tink i need to be taught about emphathy.

i respect you for your knowledge and what you have achieved in life. but please. dun jump to conclusions so quickly.

Brudder, I not referring to u

I say will the cleaners la... Not u...

Bro, u totally misunderstand me...

Aiyo
    aiyo. now then u read this ah... i went back to read your post again and i already deleted my reply very much early. hahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by Cryingfreeman
    I agree with sis butter. Since interest is so low, u should at least buy one for rental collection. No matter what, the rental will be much more than ur bank FD interest of 1.4m cash. U are pretty safe. After 900k loan, u still have 1.1m cash on hand. U can keep for raining day or buy one more if market drop.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    If I can take the maximum 80% LTV for first property and got enough money for the second after getting the 60% LTV, then I would buy 2 properties. Previously when I was younger, I did not think this way and wanted to pay off the loan ASAP and lead a carefree life ( which I did for many years). But as I grow older, I have to think about passive income as retirement draws nearer.

aiyo. now then u read this ah... i went back to read your post again and i already deleted my reply very much early. hahaha..
    Ok. Glad we cleared the misunderstanding. Ok bro. U must have empathy - put one self in a person shoe without feelings involved. Diff from sympathy. Ok. U have empathy, u will understand human behavior. Then u can predict. U also need knowledge on economy - supply demand, political impact, growth, etcc... Combine both, u see the future. Understand???

Buy me lunch, I share more with u.

Hahahaha

Better not, I have so many lunch appointments until I siam buay hoo.

Hahahaha

Ok. Glad we cleared the misunderstanding. Ok bro. U must have empathy - put one self in a person shoe without feelings involved. Diff from sympathy. Ok. U have empathy, u will understand human behavior. Then u can predict. U also need knowledge on economy - supply demand, political impact, growth, etcc... Combine both, u see the future. Understand???

Buy me lunch, I share more with u.

Hahahaha

Better not, I have so many lunch appointments until I siam buay hoo.

Hahahaha
    hahaha, i have empathy. but that is one to one. need to under HERD mentality to predict the movement of the 80% leh. that one you need to teach me. hahah.

you wake up very early leh. but i tink i earlier. cannot sleep. getting old?

hahaha, i have empathy. but that is one to one. need to under HERD mentality to predict the movement of the 80% leh. that one you need to teach me. hahah.

you wake up very early leh. but i tink i earlier. cannot sleep. getting old?
    Brudder, you very greedy....

OK. If you have empathy, use it...
    Start with cleaners - will they buy condo? one to one (ans : no - so you have the herd for cleaners liao).
    Next - who will buy condo : typically - top 30%.... This are the group that you are interested in .... Then go one by one, then you combine alot of the ones, you have many and they form the herd.

As for me waking up early, it is a habit liao... I send my kid/s to school to steal some father time with them... Hahahaha

Brudder, you very greedy....

OK. If you have empathy, use it...
    Start with cleaners - will they buy condo? one to one (ans : no - so you have the herd for cleaners liao).
    Next - who will buy condo : typically - top 30%.... This are the group that you are interested in .... Then go one by one, then you combine alot of the ones, you have many and they form the herd.

As for me waking up early, it is a habit liao... I send my kid/s to school to steal some father time with them... Hahahaha
    bro, this one not greedy. this one call make use of free consultant.

no one human is the same. for every one person that cheong in, there is another person waiting on the sideline waiting for prices to drop. combine the effect plus the population and policy effects we discussed previously.. hard to say who is the herd leader.

actually... how much u can make in life... is fated one lah. analyse until paralyse. analysis is the 80%. left 20% is the instinct. that one.. you experts have to teach us when you hear your calling.

i good student hor? your 80/20 theory, very good to use.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Good sharing! I have a friend who owns 3 fully paid TOP'ed condos and a 4th BUC one which he has already paid up 60% using cash, and intends to pay the remaining progressive payment with cash too. He is the conservative type who wants a carefree and loan free life.

But after listening to advices from common friends on how he should capitalize on low interest rates and make good use of the 'free money', he went on to secure a loan for this 4th BUC unit (60% LTV) and used the cash to hoot a 5th unit (80% LTV) instead.

Time changes, and people's mindsets and strategies change too

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Good sharing! I have a friend who owns 3 fully paid TOP'ed condos and a 4th BUC one which he has already paid up 60% using cash, and intends to pay the remaining progressive payment with cash too. He is the conservative type who wants a carefree and loan free life.

But after listening to advices from common friends on how he should capitalize on low interest rates and make good use of the 'free money', he went on to secure a loan for this 4th BUC unit (60% LTV) and used the cash to hoot a 5th unit (80% LTV) instead.

as long got holding power during rent-less periods.

That is so true, Shanhz!
    In the midst of the buying frenzy, sometimes we may overlook this aspect.

For fully paid condos, no need worry about rent-less.

Even if not fully paid, i would want to make sure that I am still able to pay of my monthly mortgage under the worst case scenario - ie. 0 rental. I belong to the very kiasi type...

Even if not fully paid, i would want to make sure that I am still able to pay of my monthly mortgage under the worst case scenario - ie. 0 rental. I belong to the very kiasi type...
    Same here, bro.

U mean 80% LTV for 4th BUC, 60% for 5th BUC?

Wow, ur friend is really doing well! Btw, any good buy nowadays?

No wonder u are nominated as lease expert well done my bro !

you guys all so young meh...woahaahahheheheheh

Hahahahahahaha

Bro, in stock market, when ah Soh talk about stock, it means time for a "crash" because everyone is in... No one else to sell to... Peak has been established...

Oops, paiseh... People tell me no way of determining peak or crash... I retract wat I said... Salah... Hahahahahaha

Most of the time I salah one... Please listen to me with a whole spoon of salt... Not a pinch of salt hor....

I think Chestnut got my point.

We are talking about the talking and mindset, not the dollars and cents...

DKSG

bro, this one not greedy. this one call make use of free consultant.

no one human is the same. for every one person that cheong in, there is another person waiting on the sideline waiting for prices to drop. combine the effect plus the population and policy effects we discussed previously.. hard to say who is the herd leader.

actually... how much u can make in life... is fated one lah. analyse until paralyse. analysis is the 80%. left 20% is the instinct. that one.. you experts have to teach us when you hear your calling.

i good student hor? your 80/20 theory, very good to use.
    i am a 80/20 person... in fact 70/30...but so far not so bad...

I just stumbled onto this forum a day ago.

Am not so young liao. Already in 40s. Wish I had come across this forum a few years back - maybe would have bought a property or two.

Now, in late forties. With 2 teens - got to save money for overseas education and plan for retirement.

Owner occupation of a modest property in Alexandra area with small loan. Have been waiting in sidelines since 2010 for prices to drop.Wanted to buy an investment property in CCR or OCR. Got the 20% cash ready. Now need 40% cash for 2 bedder $1.6m investment property. Still good to go. Tot prices will drop post Oct 2012 as investors stay away. Quite happy waiting. Tot anytime now. And waiting. and waiting...

Money shrinking. Get 0.8% p.a. interest income. When Ascentia Sky launched for $1250 psf I tot so exp! Now it is $1600 psf

Now Echelon launched $1800psf?

Gurus. Any advice for not so young investor? Still can afford but kiasi - in case market drop 20% or more.

1) Bite bullet and go in?
    2) Wait some more?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny88

Now, in late forties. With 2 teens - got to save money for overseas education and plan for retirement.
    welcome!!! it's never too late. i am not guru, so i shall not comment.

but personal view on kids - i have 3. have saved up and intend to send them for local education. my stand is as a parent - i would give them the necessary, but not luxury. i will not send them for o/seas edu. want to go, save up or work for it.

put it this way - when they graduate, they may or may not come back. doesn't matter. the world's the oyster now. but who's gg to pay your retirement if they dun come back (and money also dun come back)?

so our philosophy is - prepare the kids for the world, give them bare necessity. but no luxury. o/seas edu is a luxury for us. dun expect them to feed us next time, but vice versa.

so how much of your net worth would u spend on o/seas edu?

welcome!!! it's never too late. i am not guru, so i shall not comment.

but personal view on kids - i have 3. have saved up and intend to send them for local education. my stand is as a parent - i would give them the necessary, but not luxury. i will not send them for o/seas edu. want to go, save up or work for it.

put it this way - when they graduate, they may or may not come back. doesn't matter. the world's the oyster now. but who's gg to pay your retirement if they dun come back (and money also dun come back)?

so our philosophy is - prepare the kids for the world, give them bare necessity. but no luxury. o/seas edu is a luxury for us. dun expect them to feed us next time, but vice versa.

so how much of your net worth would u spend on o/seas edu?
    we share the sentiments on parenting...

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    U mean 80% LTV for 4th BUC, 60% for 5th BUC?

Wow, ur friend is really doing well! Btw, any good buy nowadays?
    Helloo Queen of the East .. how r u?

No, its 80% LTV for the 5th BUC, and 40% LTV for the 4th BUC (not 60% as i mentioned previously). Thats becos the 4th house he has been making progressive payment using cash up to the 60% mark, and was not on any loan.

When he bought his 5th house, he took a 80% LTV for the 5th house, and at the same time, took a 40% loan for his 4th house. In a way, the loan sequence for his 4th and 5th houses are kinda swapped

Sis, you really property shopping spreee ah... own so many still not enough? haha.. nothing caught my interest recently. Existing ones like Seaview very nice lor but no $$$