Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Is trust = stock?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default Is trust = stock?

    Is trust = stock?

    reits chip are also stock, isn't it?

    reason why reits chip give high yield due to the current inflation.. isn't it?

    The price at which you buy into these reits chip is also a key too. IF you buy high, you will suffer if market go downhill.. despite the high dividend yield..

    and i heard reits chip have some sort of 'right's which they make you buy into it more. You are not really getting the x% dividend as they claim..?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    cash calls are when they float new shares at discount to existing shareholders, usually to acquire more properties to rent out.

    why dun u lend me ur $$$ at 2% pa? i will park into reits and make 7-10%. krkrkr.


    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    Is trust = stock?

    reits chip are also stock, isn't it?

    reason why reits chip give high yield due to the current inflation.. isn't it?

    The price at which you buy into these reits chip is also a key too. IF you buy high, you will suffer if market go downhill.. despite the high dividend yield..

    and i heart reits chip have some sort of 'right's whichthey make you buy into it more.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    you say until so easy


    what if you buy at high price and market turn?

    dividend might even go down after that...
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    stagger ur buys lah.. of coz such returns got some risk..

    come lend me 2mio, i guarantee ur 40k profit in 1 year


    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    you say until so easy


    what if you buy at high price and market turn?

    dividend might even go down after that...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Roly, do you know why Mc is so confident????

    You need to start getting answers... If you always rely on people to give you answer, you will never catch any fish...


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Roly, do you know why Mc is so confident????

    You need to start getting answers... If you always rely on people to give you answer, you will never catch any fish...

    i thought it is the inflation that drive property stocks to give such high yield?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    stagger ur buys lah.. of coz such returns got some risk..


    what kind of potential risk?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    then how come property shares give lower divi than reits?

    risks can be downturn nobody wans to rent shopping spaces or industrial spaces, or the coy keeps doing cash calls where u pump in more than the divi u get. now usa print 40bio where will the hot money flow?

    bro chestnut it's ok coz i stuck at home w 3 hfm kids.. muahaha..


    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    i thought it is the inflation that drive property stocks to give such high yield?



    what kind of potential risk?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Bro, you in IT rite?? U want to learn, u must have some knowledge first mah, then u can have good exchanges and learn mah????

    First google for reits, than see what is ireits. Like below - example... Read, then engage... You will then learn...

    http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=re...&client=safari

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_es...vestment_trust

    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/reit.asp

    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/reit.asp

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    then how come property shares give lower divi than reits?

    risks can be downturn nobody wans to rent shopping spaces or industrial spaces, or the coy keeps doing cash calls where u pump in more than the divi u get. now usa print 40bio where will the hot money flow?

    bro chestnut it's ok coz i stuck at home w 3 hfm kids.. muahaha..
    Oh,Bro, take care it don't spread to you man.. Wah, now adays so many with 3 kids...


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    at night nothing to do mah, and aircon so cold

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Oh,Bro, take care it don't spread to you man.. Wah, now adays so many with 3 kids...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    then how come property shares give lower divi than reits?

    risks can be downturn nobody wans to rent shopping spaces or industrial spaces, or the coy keeps doing cash calls where u pump in more than the divi u get. now usa print 40bio where will the hot money flow?

    bro chestnut it's ok coz i stuck at home w 3 hfm kids.. muahaha..
    hmm....can u give name of property share vs reits as example?

    what is hfm?


    mr chestnut, me confuse.. prefer to learn by asking question..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    bro i agree w chestnut u need the basic knowledge 1st to ask the right questions. if u are good at charting u will know when to enter reits, dun luan luan hoot 1 shot.

    kepland shares vs kreit..

    if high yield is due to inflation, then kepland will give high divi too no?



    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    hmm....can u give name of property share vs reits as example?




    mr chestnut, me confuse.. prefer to learn by asking question..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    bro i agree w chestnut u need the basic knowledge 1st to ask the right questions. if u are good at charting u will know when to enter reits, dun luan luan hoot 1 shot.

    kepland shares vs kreit..

    if high yield is due to inflation, then kepland will give high divi too no?
    ah!
    me still looking at http://www.investmentmoats.com/Divid...ndScreener.php




    actually, me is a chartist..

    do you know of any chart program that let us browse through charts of various companies in singapore or hopefully asia?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    238

    Default

    REIT's high yield is only temporary & a trap to many ignorant investors. It will not last long, beware!

    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    Is trust = stock?

    reits chip are also stock, isn't it?

    reason why reits chip give high yield due to the current inflation.. isn't it?

    The price at which you buy into these reits chip is also a key too. IF you buy high, you will suffer if market go downhill.. despite the high dividend yield..

    and i heard reits chip have some sort of 'right's which they make you buy into it more. You are not really getting the x% dividend as they claim..?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    then v easy lo, buy when see bounce off lower trend line.

    i use poems cfd trader to chart but any sw oso can la dunnid so precise

    shareinvestor got all the charts for quick ref.

    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    ah!
    me still looking at http://www.investmentmoats.com/Divid...ndScreener.php




    actually, me is a chartist..

    do you know of any chart program that let us browse through charts of various companies in singapore or hopefully asia?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    come come let me be ur fund manager oso.

    i will assume all the risk u get 2% guaranteed per year.

    Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    REIT's high yield is only temporary & a trap to many ignorant investors. It will not last long, beware!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Only the stupid pass their money to middlemen like fund managers, REITs managers etc to invest hahaha! I always cut out these middlemen ha ha!
    Your guarantee as good as Madolf?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    come come let me be ur fund manager oso.

    i will assume all the risk u get 2% guaranteed per year.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    My word is my honor. Min tranche 1mio

    Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Only the stupid pass their money to middlemen like fund managers, REITs managers etc to invest hahaha! I always cut out these middlemen ha ha!
    Your guarantee as good as Madolf?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Reits and business trust are just like stock, it goes up and down.there management fee.buy property stock directly if u want to be expose d to property to maximise return s.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    come come let me be ur fund manager oso.

    i will assume all the risk u get 2% guaranteed per year.
    I give u a better deal,I only charge u fee for profit above 6 percent.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    reits at current valuation are way way past their good entry price. last time worth to enter lah. and at the way the shopping centres squeeze their tenants, it is a pretty gd hedge against inflation. but after the run-up in the past half or one year... better stay away

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    reits at current valuation are way way past their good entry price. last time worth to enter lah. and at the way the shopping centres squeeze their tenants, it is a pretty gd hedge against inflation. but after the run-up in the past half or one year... better stay away
    thx for the advice, bro.

    a good price is all you need to be safe ..but the boat already left liao
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    thx for the advice, bro.

    a good price is all you need to be safe ..but the boat already left liao
    Bro, u need to catch the boat before midnite. Next boat leaving will be next day 6am.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, u need to catch the boat before midnite. Next boat leaving will be next day 6am.
    bro, u ask me to buy before year end ah?

    really out of my budget la..

    haiz

    unless you got very good lobang..i might looklook/seesee
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Similar Threads

  1. Trust is a scarce commodity in properties
    By vip in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 2
    -: 21-02-17, 12:23
  2. BUY PROPERTY IN TRUST
    By Werther in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 5
    -: 08-04-15, 17:34
  3. Setting up TRUST
    By Laguna in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 7
    -: 29-01-12, 18:48
  4. Unit Trust vs Bonds
    By irisng in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 57
    -: 10-12-11, 19:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •