Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Michael Palmer resigns as Speaker of Parliament and the PAP.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Well it still take guts to admit.
    He had no choice gotta admit cos he would be exposed sooner or later.
    If not found out, i am sure he would not admit it n would still be having a good time with that chick!
    Wonder where they go for their rendezvous?
    Hotel81 or mount faber?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    *Suspicious* the girls ex bf in the photo in ST is wearing colours like DHL (yellow-red). Didn't one of Palmer's fellow PAP members (who might back stab him) used to work in DHL? Any connection?
    Wah... u are very detailed? Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    If not found out, i am sure he would not admit it n would still be having a good time with that chick!
    Hotel81 or mount faber?
    Hotel 81 a bit low class for speaker of parliment lah... maybe go to her house or go overseas like Bintan? Lol!

Hotel81 or mount faber?

Yeah lah. Wat I mean is still stuck ard to admit it. He could have ran off n hide in some hole n let the party deal with it.

Being such a high profile person and also a lawyer, I find it rather surprising that he was careless enough to get caught with the evidence.

It is not surprising at all.

SMS, watsapp, email...etc are killers.

If your lover watsapp you "Darling I love you and miss you a lot"... how would you reply the watsapp?

You have no choice but to reciprocate the watsapp with a an equally cringing romantic message.... even a simple "OK" reply will make you culpable to the affair. The reply can be easily screen saved an used as evidence.

Cheating on your spouse cannot return to what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Being such a high profile person and also a lawyer, I find it rather surprising that he was careless enough to get caught with the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    It is not surprising at all.

SMS, watsapp, email...etc are killers.

If your lover watsapp you "Darling I love you and miss you a lot"... how would you reply the watsapp?

You have no choice but to reciprocate the watsapp with a an equally cringing romantic message.... even a simple "OK" reply will make you culpable to the affair. The reply can be easily screen saved an used as evidence.

Cheating on your spouse cannot return to what it used to be.
    I think they need to fall back to the pager style. learn army SOP code. keep a code book each. so no 1 can decipher ur coded rendezvous messages!

000 - I L U
    001 - u want bananas?
    002 - meet at old place.
    003 - u had a good time?
    6969 - Gangnam Style ?

etc.

I think they need to fall back to the pager style. learn army SOP code. keep a code book each. so no 1 can decipher ur coded rendezvous messages!

000 - I L U
    001 - u want bananas?
    002 - meet at old place.
    003 - u had a good time?
    6969 - Gangnam Style ?

etc.
    Maybe some sort of biometric lock to view messages on the phone in future.

You can do all the countermeasures on your end like deleting all the incriminating msgs. But your lover must also do the same. That is the part that is difficult to control.

The fact that Laura Ong screen saved and kept all those messages means that a leak is possible.

Haha..... good idea

000 - I L U
    001 - u want bananas?
    002 - meet at old place.
    003 - u had a good time?
    6969 - Gangnam Style ?

etc.

You can do all the countermeasures on your end like deleting all the incriminating msgs. But your lover must also do the same. That is the part that is difficult to control.

The fact that Laura Ong screen saved and kept all those messages means that a leak is possible.
    Actually all these scandals is no big deal in today's context unlike 20years ago...
    If got caught,just apologized n move on..No need to quit your PAP job as long as he fulfilled his duties to S'pore..

Actually all these scandals is no big deal in today's context unlike 20years ago...
    If got caught,just apologized n move on..No need to quit your PAP job as long as he fulfilled his duties to S'pore..
    But a politician must have exemplary behaviour.
    In the west, although they are very liberal, but when it comes to politician, they also won't tolerate EMA.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    In the west, although they are very liberal, but when it comes to politician, they also won't tolerate EMA.

really? How abt the italian president Silvio? or Clinton ? Monica case? What abt JFK too? How abt Prince Charles?

U hold the West too high up in standards. They are liberal when they want to be.

Its always when the issue is made to be big enough then it becomes a issue.
    Last edited by minority; 17-12-12 at 13:00.

Actually as long no harm done I dont think they deserved to be drag through the mud in this manner.

When I say they ( I mean both PAP or opposition)

But might have internal discipline. But I dont feel they deserve to have all this personal issue drag through public. subject to everyone moral judgement.

Imagine some work as a snr Mgmt in a MNC and have a affair with the sectary . Which is very common. Do you think the share holders care ? and fire the CEO or CFO or CXO etc.

unless a conflict of interest happens. If the CXO performs the board will leave him alone and at most warn the CXO.

but If performance falter. Board needs to remove the CXO then the behavior becomes a issue.
    Last edited by minority; 17-12-12 at 13:03.

I feel lately Singaporean are so fast to pass Moral Judgement. I guess its the anonymity of the internet. All just YAP before the truth hits the street.

really? How abt the italian president Silvio? or Clinton ? Monica case? What abt JFK too? How abt Prince Charles?

U hold the West too high up in standards. They are liberal when they want to be.

Its always when the issue is made to be big enough then it becomes a issue.
    Clinton was almost impeached by the Monica case but that failed.
    CIA director David Petraeus quit becos of EMA.

Silvio's leadership was undermined by EMA.

JFK - hahaha ... i dunno, it happened before i was born.

Prince Charles - royal family so cannot quit.

If they had accepted EMA, there will not be a public outcry when these people have EMA.

Clinton, JFK, P Charles....they don't wear whiter than white uniform. White uniform don't allow mango stain.

Those those "eating outside" be very careful when you sync or update firmware for iphones belonging to u & ur spouse using the same PC. Ur delicious watsapp msg will be replicated on both iPhones if u are not careful...sharing is caring, we buy house & not break house....hehehaha

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    Those those "eating outside" be very careful when you sync or update firmware for iphones belonging to u & ur spouse using the same PC. Ur delicious watsapp msg will be replicated on both iPhones if u are not careful...sharing is caring, we buy house & not break house....hehehaha
    That's why if spouse have iphone, the other spouse should not have iphone .

Default Any Lim of DHL

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    it is telco staff or the girl's ex bf (andy lim) ?
    From web-site :

Andy Lim's Experience in DHL from 2006 till presently ( posted by Andy Lim ??? )
    =====================================================
    Area Sales Manager
    DHL Express
    January 2011 – Present (2 years) Singapore
    i) Sales manager with 6 sales representatives
    ii) Business demographics includes SMEs and MNCs

Manager, Sales Planning & Development
    DHL

August 2009 – December 2010 (1 year 5 months) Singapore
    i) Strategic Consulting, including business plan & sales strategy development.
    ii) Comprehensive database management; including CRM implementation
    iii) Development of BTL Sales programs and Sales incentives
    iv) Development and implementation of Sales training

Sales Program Manager
    DHL
    September 2007 – August 2009 (2 years) Singapore
    i) Implementation of BTL Sales programs and Sales incentives
    ii) Implementation of CRM initiatives

Account Manager
    DHL
    September 2006 – September 2007 (1 year 1 month)
    -----------------------------------------

Andy Lim's Education

Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
    Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance), Business; Majoring in Finance
    2001 – 2004

Clinton was almost impeached by the Monica case but that failed.
    CIA director David Petraeus quit becos of EMA.

Silvio's leadership was undermined by EMA.

JFK - hahaha ... i dunno, it happened before i was born.

Prince Charles - royal family so cannot quit.

If they had accepted EMA, there will not be a public outcry when these people have EMA.

Well like I say.. its a issue when people want to make it a issue. look at today do people hold Clinton lesser than before?

Well they saw beyond the case. Clinton is remembered also for his contribution to US economy. the Era where US was in surplus and jobs are plentiful.

versus the stupid George Era..

What I am trying to say I look at wat the job the person must delivery. His personal life as long don't mess with the job at hand to deliver results. Frankly I don't care.

Do we care if the MP is GAY or not? would that be a next issue then? If the MP is a genius frankly I don't care if it don't interfere with work.

We should reframe from moral judgement too much.

"A moral judgment is an evaluation of someone or something as good or bad, right or wrong. ...........Often we make such judgments hastily. For example we judge people on the basis of their looks, background, or associations. We base such judgments not on careful consideration of factual evidence, but on emotion, prejudice, preconception, intolerance, or self-righteousness. Because hasty moral judgments are essentially non rational---that is, unreasoned---they blunt the goals of critical thinking: insight and understanding."

Yes, but don't need to be shamed in public to such an extent lah..
    It was just a normal boy /girl relationship that happened @ the wrong place n wrong time.
    Not as though he was a pedophile or peeping tom..

He can be punished in other ways by gahmen, eg: pay freeze, no increment or no bonuses for next 3years...
    I am sure there are many more unfolded stories of high profile people involved in scandals not exposed in s'pore...

Well like I say.. its a issue when people want to make it a issue. look at today do people hold Clinton lesser than before?

Well they saw beyond the case. Clinton is remembered also for his contribution to US economy. the Era where US was in surplus and jobs are plentiful.

versus the stupid George Era..

What I am trying to say I look at wat the job the person must delivery. His personal life as long don't mess with the job at hand to deliver results. Frankly I don't care.

Do we care if the MP is GAY or not? would that be a next issue then? If the MP is a genius frankly I don't care if it don't interfere with work.

We should reframe from moral judgement too much.

"A moral judgment is an evaluation of someone or something as good or bad, right or wrong. ...........Often we make such judgments hastily. For example we judge people on the basis of their looks, background, or associations. We base such judgments not on careful consideration of factual evidence, but on emotion, prejudice, preconception, intolerance, or self-righteousness. Because hasty moral judgments are essentially non rational---that is, unreasoned---they blunt the goals of critical thinking: insight and understanding."
    It is true that we should look at the politician's political performance rather than put too much emphasis on his personal life.
    Just that we cannot condone it if there is an EMA ie it should not be taken lightly but I agree with you- it should not cost him his job.

Otherwise we may have less to choose from.

It is like a pilot.
    Last time they say must have perfect eye sight, but then how many Singaporeans are there with both perfect eye sight and want to be pilot.

Whether such indiscretions are common or not, I think Singaporeans are not ready to accept this character flaw in our leaders at this point, maybe not for a long time and especially not from PAP.

Otherwise they cannot wear white any more.... maybe shades of grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Heng
    From web-site :

Andy Lim's Experience in DHL from 2006 till presently ( posted by Andy Lim ??? )
    =====================================================
    Area Sales Manager

Frankly u should stop posting this sort of stuff. Coz its very personal and there is no need to drag outsiders into the mud for pure entertainment.

For all u know he might not even be a BF just a friend. The type of scrutiny and stress that are unfairly brought upon. Its like cyber bullying.

If something like the Nurse ( uk ) happen to this guy would u feel responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    i respect him for admitting his mistake and taking responsibility for his action...
    with PAP, everything is pre-planned.

Whether such indiscretions are common or not, I think Singaporeans are not ready to accept this character flaw in our leaders at this point, maybe not for a long time and especially not from PAP.

Otherwise they cannot wear white any more.... maybe shades of grey.

So Opposition too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    with PAP, everything is pre-planned.

so with opposition? its chaos? coz no plan. guy just ran off.?

Maybe the public should petition for him to come back..
    He was doing a good job anyway..

The person affected most is his wife, not any of us here!
    Cos 5-6 mths down the road,we would have forgotten about the incident already.

so with opposition? its chaos? coz no plan. guy just ran off.?
    all i can say is... you never know which step is pre-planned, which is not.

ever wondered.. if the affair itself.. was also a setup?

wat about george yeo? was his defeat by chance or by plan?

i have no answers. just food for thought.