Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 68

Thread: STI at 16m high

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default STI at 16m high

    Singapore shares rose to the highest in about 16 months, after encouraging economic data from China and the United States, with property firms CapitaMalls Asia Ltd and Hongkong Land Holdings Ltd leading the gains.
    The Straits Times Index advanced as much as 1 percent to 3,139.40 points, the highest since early August 2011.

    => animal spirit for CCR will return soon
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    finger cross...
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Singapore shares rose to the highest in about 16 months, after encouraging economic data from China and the United States, with property firms CapitaMalls Asia Ltd and Hongkong Land Holdings Ltd leading the gains.
    The Straits Times Index advanced as much as 1 percent to 3,139.40 points, the highest since early August 2011.

    => animal spirit for CCR will return soon

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,217

    Default

    Hurray Hurray
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Singapore shares rose to the highest in about 16 months, after encouraging economic data from China and the United States, with property firms CapitaMalls Asia Ltd and Hongkong Land Holdings Ltd leading the gains.
    The Straits Times Index advanced as much as 1 percent to 3,139.40 points, the highest since early August 2011.

    => animal spirit for CCR will return soon

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,141

    Default


  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Message Mr B..... he will correct you.

    All positive data cannot be trusted no matter the source
    All negative data can be trusted no matter the source

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    China-A into 3rd day of positive candlestick

    Ride at your own risk !!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    All positive data cannot be trusted no matter the source
    All negative data can be trusted no matter the source
    does this apply to analyst reports?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    峨眉山
    Posts
    5,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    China-A into 3rd day of positive candlestick

    Beware candle melt left only stick

    sticky mess conferm hap

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    does this apply to analyst reports?
    According to his past performance.....

    If analyst report from well known institution is +ve, then it will be full of

    If from UFO conspiracy site but -ve will be ultra truth.



    The guys a nut.

    Not that I believe half the stuff "respectable" analysts write anyhow.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    China-A into 3rd day of positive candlestick

    I failed to enter uetf sse50 at 1.5. Now 1.57. Should i wait?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I failed to enter uetf sse50 at 1.5. Now 1.57. Should i wait?
    Depends on how much u want to accummulate at the end of day, set a target entry price e.g. 1.54/1.55 or something to do your first batch of buying

    Do it after QE4 confirmation from Bernanke this Wednesday loh ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Depends on how much u want to accummulate at the end of day, set a target entry price e.g. 1.54/1.55 or something to do your first batch of buying

    Do it after QE4 confirmation from Bernanke this Wednesday loh ...
    Thanks.

    I decided to queue a small portion at 1.57. Good if it can drop back slightly for me to average down. Looks like i will not get it again. Hate to chase after prices.

    I believe it has lots of potential to go beyond $2.
    Last edited by Rosy; 10-12-12 at 16:39.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    Message Mr B..... he will correct you.

    All positive data cannot be trusted no matter the source
    All negative data can be trusted no matter the source
    I look for value, no matter sky up or down, I have things to buy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Year end window dressing before tge fund mgrs go on holiday n go ski in the alpine

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    STI=Short The Index...thats what i did today...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    STI=Short The Index...thats what i did today...
    how u short? bought a warrant or option?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    how u short? bought a warrant or option?
    using philips securities(POEMS) CFD... ..shorted at 3133
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default Survey of 1000 Singaporeans by property guru

    69 percent of respondents believe that HDB flat prices will rise in the next six months, up by 12 percent from the previous quarter’s findings. There was also a 19 percent increase quarter-over-quarter among those expecting a hike in cash-over-valuations (COVs).

    As for private homes, 64 percent expect prices to rise within the next six months, an increase from the 10 percent seen in Q2.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  19. #19
    teddybear's Avatar
    teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,800

    Default

    What is the leverage you can get with CFD?
    Some how I felt CFD is not a good deal at all

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    using philips securities(POEMS) CFD... ..shorted at 3133

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    What is the leverage you can get with CFD?
    Some how I felt CFD is not a good deal at all
    it can be ur best friend or worst enemy..got to use it wisely..i been BURNT before..now just play small...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    CFD, option, warrant are negative sum game
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  22. #22
    teddybear's Avatar
    teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,800

    Default

    If want to play, futures traded on big exchanges are better (than CFD) because much much higher liquidity + transparency + leverage of 15 to 20x, i.e. eg use $50k to control $1m contract value!. But hor, be very careful because gain is magnified 20x, loss also magnified 20x...............
    CFD you are trading against the "house", low liquidity?

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    it can be ur best friend or worst enemy..got to use it wisely..i been BURNT before..now just play small...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    another high today? tonight all eyes on Bernanke .. better don't disappoint hoh

    Straits Times
    3,141.87
    23.54
    +0.75%

    and hot money into HSI / HSCE

    國企指數 (^HSCE) -HKSE
    11,161.560 169.699(+1.544%)
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    another high today? tonight all eyes on Bernanke .. better don't disappoint hoh

    Straits Times
    3,141.87
    23.54
    +0.75%
    ya, keep my fingers cross
    took a very heavy position today
    the bond yield has been dropping in the last two weeks

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    another STI intraday high at 3,153.02 today
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    closed near intraday high of 3159 ... looks like 3,500 is possible in 2013

    Straits Times
    3,156.55
    14.98
    +0.48%
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    using philips securities(POEMS) CFD... ..shorted at 3133
    i have closed my short position lost a few $$$....am going long now...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    closed near intraday high of 3159 ... looks like 3,500 is possible in 2013

    Straits Times
    3,156.55
    14.98
    +0.48%
    Any stocks to recommend?

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    Midas if you are brave enough. China stocks are bouncing back sharply (vested). The Chinese government has just announced to lift the cap of USD 1B for each investment company. My friend who is working in high speed train company in china says new policy will encourage high speed train again.

    Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. I know lots of us are burnt by the china stocks listed in Singapore. But that's stock market, when everyone fears about it, you know ...

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Midas if you are brave enough. China stocks are bouncing back sharply (vested). The Chinese government has just announced to lift the cap of USD 1B for each investment company. My friend who is working in high speed train company in china says new policy will encourage high speed train again.

    Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. I know lots of us are burnt by the china stocks listed in Singapore. But that's stock market, when everyone fears about it, you know ...
    just sold midas recently to fund my purchase.

Similar Threads

  1. Demand still high for high-end bags
    By reporter2 in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 0
    -: 27-04-20, 17:14
  2. High expectations for strong recovery in high-end residential in 2016
    By Kevin Tan in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 13-10-15, 10:24
  3. High pay does not equal high quality
    By richwang in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 13
    -: 21-05-13, 15:52
  4. 6.9m is coming. STI will hit new high.
    By star in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 22
    -: 04-02-13, 11:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •