Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Year of The Double Headed Serpent

Too much drug overdose, posting lots of nonsense here.

Hi blackjack21trader.. could you help me?

I am a bank officer who striving to own a FH Mt Sinai property.

Our (my wife and myself) household income is around 7k+++ inclusive of the promised pay rise wages of 50SGD from my bank. My wife did not have her pay rise though.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi blackjack21trader.. could you help me?

I am a bank officer who striving to own a FH Mt Sinai property.

Our (my wife and myself) household income is around 7k+++ inclusive of the promised pay rise wages of 50SGD from my bank. My wife did not have her pay rise though.
    what is the price of this property?

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    what is the price of this property?
    Hi blackjack21trader..I am looking across the Mt Sinai area, noticeably the Ridgewood condominium, Glentrees and Trizon.

The price for a decent 3 room would start from 2.1+million SGD onwards.

I like serene, quiet and most importantly - FH/999 LH property for my future generation.

Hi blackjack21trader..I am looking across the Mt Sinai area, noticeably the Ridgewood condominium, Glentrees and Trizon.

The price for a decent 3 room would start from 2.1+million SGD onwards.

I like serene, quiet and most importantly - FH/999 LH property for my future generation.
    you are both earning total $7000, and you wanna buy a $2million property. dear brother, may I know how are you going to finance this?

I like this area too

you are both earning total $7000, and you wanna buy a $2million property. dear brother, may I know how are you going to finance this?

I like this area too
    Hi.. I am intending to use the following financial resources:

1. Parents disposal rental income - 3kSGD
    2. In-law disposal rental income - 3kSGD

Upon getting the Mt Sinai property, I will rent out my HDB 5 room HDB in Tiong Bahru hoping to achieve another 3kSGD. Being said that, my 5 room HDB is still on 450k loan with SCB.

I like Mt Sinai very much that I visit the area once a week.

Upon getting the Mt Sinai property, I will rent out my HDB 5 room HDB in Tiong Bahru hoping to achieve another 3kSGD. Being said that, my 5 room HDB is still on 450k loan with SCB.

Bro, wat abt your FV?

when you invest, you must make sure you do it without any sacrifice to your present quality of life or any other person/relatives . allow me to remind you, that you will be locked in by the recent Cooling Measures for 4 years.

If your HDB is still on loan, let's take the best case scenario of getting $3000 for your HDB. Then, the real return from your HDB is not $3K but much less.

Your liability will increase to more than S$1.5Million as compared to your present loan, am I not correct to say that, good brother ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    Bro, wat abt your FV?
    Flamingo Valley was parse and gone due to some whistleblower(s).

when you invest, you must make sure you do it without any sacrifice to your present quality of life or any other person/relatives . allow me to remind you, that you will be locked in by the recent Cooling Measures for 4 years.

If your HDB is still on loan, let's take the best case scenario of getting $3000 for your HDB. Then, the real return from your HDB is not $3K but much less.

Your liability will increase to more than S$1.5Million as compared to your present loan, am I not correct to say that, good brother ?
    Hi blackjack21trader....you are correct. My loan amount will be definitely more than 1.5 million SGD.

Is there any way or possibilities for me to realize my objective - reaching out to Mt Sinai property? I am 35 year this year.

further,

1) are your in-laws living off their rental incomes?

2) Do you have other assets of net values more than S$2million as a safety net?

Hi blackjack21trader....you are correct. My loan amount will be definitely more than 1.5 million SGD.

Is there any way or possibilities for me to realize my objective - reaching out to Mt Sinai property? I am 35 year this year.
    like I said, brother. You are still young and have a bright future ahead of you.

when you invest, you must do it responsibly. By that I mean not to put your quality of life or any other person at risk.

trust me, I know the temptation is great. But usually, that is where and when all the failed investors fell into the trap.

Keep in mind, that a major portion of your S$7K income will be used to service the new total loans.

further,

1) are your in-laws living off their rental incomes?

2) Do you have other assets of net values more than S$2million as a safety net?

Hi blackjack21trader...my parents and in-laws are all staying with me in our HDB flat in Tiong Bahru.

Unfortunately no. We do not have other asset other than the earlier mentioned source of income. Currently, our cash flow is around 80kSGD.

Next, I am also intending to help my bro-in-law to get his single BTO flat so he could rent out his room(s) to generate disposal income. He is currently working and earning around 1.4kSGD per month and above 30 year old.

Hi blackjack21trader...my parents and in-laws are all staying with me in our HDB flat in Tiong Bahru.

Unfortunately no. We do not have other asset other than the earlier mentioned source of income. Currently, our cash flow is around 80kSGD.

Next, I am also intending to help my bro-in-law to get his single BTO flat so he could rent out his room(s) to generate disposal income. He is currently working and earning around 1.4kSGD per month and above 30 year old.
    from what I see, your investment got too many people involved. I bet you are going to tell me you will make use of your bro-in-laws' rental income as well?

Will your relationship be affected by the investment?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    "Dear double headed Serpent, can you prove to me that the 12 stones actually exist ? And where is this so called Garden? Someone in the forum commented I am hallucinating. Also several weeks ago, someone by the name of chestnut actually suggested that I should go stay in IMH...Please, tell me so that I can go back and tell them the story.", I made a request to the Serpent.

The Serpent remained silent and then suddenly from the sky, a great American Eagle flew down to where we both were.

" Go on, This Eagle will take you there. In the journey, The Eagle shall show you the location of this Garden. In the second part of the same journey, The Eagle will show you the exact location of the future boom town of the Lion City."

" Those who found the 12 stones in this Garden shall be enlightened, as they embodied the spirit of the Old Lions of this land."

" Not only shall I show you this location. When the clock struck 12 tomorrow, I shall bring a thunderstorm to the Lion City, to prove that those that said you are demented, are themselves demented.

During the journey, I secretly took some footage using my new iPhone 5 running on ios 6.0.1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxEw8AiOBuU

from what I see, your investment got too many people involved. I bet you are going to tell me you will make use of your bro-in-laws' rental income as well?

Will your relationship be affected by the investment?
    Interestingly, my parents and in-laws are fully supportive of my bold decision. In fact, we have been living together for almost a year and we have no qualms though we do have some minor conflicts along the way.

Besides, I have two small boys - One toddler with one infant baby that is why I need two side of parents to assist us in taking care of the boys, as well as helping out with the house chores etc so my wife and myself could concentrate and focus bringing back the dough.

One notable thing is - my bro-in-law (which is my wife's elder brother) he is a typical diploma graduate with no bold ambition etc, hence I am helping him to get a HDB flat and house him with us so we can have best of both world. He is currently staying in my flat and he is contributing to our electricity and water bills.

It is tough to have many people under one roof, however we are all understood we are working towards an objective - a Holy Grail.

Hence the total panned out financial sum would be -

Household income (myself + wife) = 7kSGD
    Rental income Parents = 3kSGD
    Rental income in-laws = 3kSGD
    Total income = 13kSGD
    Deductible (CPF/rental Taxes) = 3kSGD
    Utilities, baby and food = 2kSGD (Utilities - Electricity/water + internet borned by my bro-in-law)
    Existing Tiong Baru Housing loan @ 35 years with 1.5% = 1.6kSGD
    Car loan + petrol + carpark = 1kSGD

Gross disposal income = 5.4kSGD

With that in mind, I am trying to expediate my bro-in-law HDB purchase and hopefully we can help to generate an additional 500-1200SGD disposal rental from the room(s) rental (I am trying to get a 4room HDB with 2 bedders to rent out). This amount is not being factored as it has not actualized.

Interestingly, my parents and in-laws are fully supportive of my bold decision. In fact, we have been living together for almost a year and we have no qualms though we do have some minor conflicts along the way.

Besides, I have two small boys - One toddler with one infant baby that is why I need two side of parents to assist us in taking care of the boys, as well as helping out with the house chores etc so my wife and myself could concentrate and focus bringing back the dough.

One notable thing is - my bro-in-law (which is my wife's elder brother) he is a typical diploma graduate with no bold ambition etc, hence I am helping him to get a HDB flat and house him with us so we can have best of both world. He is currently staying in my flat and he is contributing to our electricity and water bills.

It is tough to have many people under one roof, however we are all understood we are working towards an objective - a Holy Grail.

Hence the total panned out financial sum would be -

Household income (myself + wife) = 7kSGD
    Rental income Parents = 3kSGD
    Rental income in-laws = 3kSGD
    Total income = 13kSGD
    Deductible (CPF/rental Taxes) = 3kSGD
    Utilities, baby and food = 2kSGD (Utilities - Electricity/water + internet borned by my bro-in-law)
    Existing Tiong Baru Housing loan @ 35 years with 1.5% = 1.6kSGD
    Car loan + petrol + carpark = 1kSGD

Gross disposal income = 5.4kSGD

With that in mind, I am trying to expediate my bro-in-law HDB purchase and hopefully we can help to generate an additional 500-1200SGD disposal rental from the room(s) rental (I am trying to get a 4room HDB with 2 bedders to rent out). This amount is not being factored as it has not actualized.
    dear brother, while I admire very much your leadership quality and the ability to pull together your relatives' financial resources.

One day I believe you will be rewarded greatly for the motivation and this single fighting spirit in you. I do not wish for this spirit in you to be extinguished by a major failure in investment. And hence my truthful advice is forget about Mt. Sinai, it is not worth the risk.

in addition, brother yowetan, if you took up this more than S$1.5million loan, where are the money from your living expenses going to come from? I believe a big portion of it will be used to finance your liabilities, am I not correct to say so ?

Disclaimers: I am no financial adviser or trained in banking/investment.

Bro yowetan what happened to your FV dk unit?
    why dun u follow smart, a dorm in mt Sinai that fits 10 persons
    Ride at your own risk !!!

dear brother, while I admire very much your leadership quality and the ability to pull together your relatives' financial resources.

One day I believe you will be rewarded greatly for the motivation and this single fighting spirit in you. I do not wish for this spirit in you to be extinguished by a major failure in investment. And hence my truthful advice is forget about Mt. Sinai, it is not worth the risk.

in addition, brother yowetan, if you took up this more than S$1.5million loan, where are the money from your living expenses going to come from? I believe a big portion of it will be used to finance your liabilities, am I not correct to say so ?

Disclaimers: I am no financial adviser or trained in banking/investment.
    Hi blackjack21trader..One of my strength(s) (I supposed) is frugal and thrifty and analytical.

To date, in order to realize the dream - we are actually living off with planned groceries purchase and approach. I would make big purchases for ABC soup formulae (Getting huge portion for Potatos, onions, carrots) as well as getting frozen meats (Chicken, Pork and occassionally beef). We cook ourselves as my parents can cook reasonably well and refrain from eating out. In short, we pooled the resources and ensure the basic necessities are not being compromised or lesser. In fact, I am discussing with my wife if I should have work further longer (till 8pm) to claim 10SGD meal allowances as I usually left the office on the dot (530pm) with my wife. This would again help to bring down the cost and generating more income. Alternatively, as mentioned before in other threads/posts - I am seriously considering driving part time taxi to generate an additional 1kSGD income. (estimated)

Next, for the utilities - we set a time, and we often sleep very early hence our bill is very much controlled. Luckily, we stay relatively high floor and the air ventilation is much better.

In order to further reduce the basic operating (living) expenditures, I am exploring to visit JB (Malaysia) to get groceries which I believe many are doing now. The only mental block is to overcome my fear for the security and safety. I am somehow somewhat doing a risk assessment in versus of return(s) to justify this execution.

I am really reluctant to give up Mt Sinai pursue as I am a pretty reserved and conservative person. The reason why I choose this place because of it's strategically location to -

1. School - Henry Park Primary: I set my goals to enrol my boys into this school in preparation of their live(s) next 20 years. Transportation fees will be saved as well.

2. Town - It is very near to town and accessiblity is not a problem. Feeder bus is connected within the Mt Sinai compound and is well-connected to Holland V.

3. Hospital - It is also strategically connected straight to the public hospitals like NUH and Alexandra hospital. This is extremely good and useful for I have aging parents and in-laws.

4. Workplace - It is in fact a 2~3km walking distance to my workplace. With that, I could possibly walk/cycling to my workplace and save on the transportation.

5. Food - It is near to everywhere and accessible to older estate where food is really affordable and cheap. A bypass in the rear of Mt Sinai estate would reach out to Singapore Polytechnic where I can access to the cheap canteen food during day time.

6. Potential capital growth with it's attractive FH/999LH status.

7. A serene enclave which is very much nature with greenary which is pretty rare in today's urbanization city Singapore.

8. I want my future generation to grow.

Hi blackjack21trader..One of my strength(s) (I supposed) is frugal and thrifty and analytical.

To date, in order to realize the dream - we are actually living off with planned groceries purchase and approach. I would make big purchases for ABC soup formulae (Getting huge portion for Potatos, onions, carrots) as well as getting frozen meats (Chicken, Pork and occassionally beef). We cook ourselves as my parents can cook reasonably well and refrain from eating out. In short, we pooled the resources and ensure the basic necessities are not being compromised or lesser. In fact, I am discussing with my wife if I should have work further longer (till 8pm) to claim 10SGD meal allowances as I usually left the office on the dot (530pm) with my wife. This would again help to bring down the cost and generating more income. Alternatively, as mentioned before in other threads/posts - I am seriously considering driving part time taxi to generate an additional 1kSGD income. (estimated)

Next, for the utilities - we set a time, and we often sleep very early hence our bill is very much controlled. Luckily, we stay relatively high floor and the air ventilation is much better.

In order to further reduce the basic operating (living) expenditures, I am exploring to visit JB (Malaysia) to get groceries which I believe many are doing now. The only mental block is to overcome my fear for the security and safety. I am somehow somewhat doing a risk assessment in versus of return(s) to justify this execution.

I am really reluctant to give up Mt Sinai pursue as I am a pretty reserved and conservative person. The reason why I choose this place because of it's strategically location to -

1. School - Henry Park Primary: I set my goals to enrol my boys into this school in preparation of their live(s) next 20 years. Transportation fees will be saved as well.

2. Town - It is very near to town and accessiblity is not a problem. Feeder bus is connected within the Mt Sinai compound and is well-connected to Holland V.

3. Hospital - It is also strategically connected straight to the public hospitals like NUH and Alexandra hospital. This is extremely good and useful for I have aging parents and in-laws.

4. Workplace - It is in fact a 2~3km walking distance to my workplace. With that, I could possibly walk/cycling to my workplace and save on the transportation.

5. Food - It is near to everywhere and accessible to older estate where food is really affordable and cheap. A bypass in the rear of Mt Sinai estate would reach out to Singapore Polytechnic where I can access to the cheap canteen food during day time.

6. Potential capital growth with it's attractive FH/999LH status.

7. A serene enclave which is very much nature with greenary which is pretty rare in today's urbanization city Singapore.

8. I want my future generation to grow.
    I was once young, had the same aspirations, lived very frugally and with God's blessings, are able to fulfill and live that dream.
    You are young, have a dream, supporting wife, parents, parents-in-law, a plan to live in a better neighbourhood and are presently taking action and living towards this dream. Good chance you can do it.
    Jiayou! and how about giving tuition to supplement income?

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalk
    I was once young, had the same aspirations, lived very frugally and with God's blessings, are able to fulfill and live that dream.
    You are young, have a dream, supporting wife, parents, parents-in-law, a plan to live in a better neighbourhood and are presently taking action and living towards this dream. Good chance you can do it.
    Jiayou! and how about giving tuition to supplement income?
    Hi..Thanks for the encouragement. Well, my wife do provide tuition before but it is not easy and is relatively unstable.

I am exploring ways/methods to get a more stable stream of supplement income.

Hi..Thanks for the encouragement. Well, my wife do provide tuition before but it is not easy and is relatively unstable.

What is easy? As long as you are resourceful and have a "never die' attitude,
    there's no reason why you cannot make it.
    Your children will give you all the motivation and strength to do well. All the best. You have youth on your side.

I have been reading your posts without much responses so far, but I think there is a limit how long I can take it.

What you are doing is COMPLETELY wrong. Office Boy is qualified to tell u that coz Office Boy started off with nearly exactly the same condition (a few notches worse).

The way for you to climb up is to start investing smartly in the next 5 years. Aim to buy/sell 2-3 condos of smaller values to raise capital.

In your case, forget about those properties buy dont sell advices. Just buy, make cap gains, sell. Reuse the capital to buy 2 or more, and quickly escalate your capital.

In 8 years' time, no matter what is the price of Mt Sinai, you maybe staying there.

Office Boy was at the Glentree investor preview and thought thats a nice place too! Haha! That time will so young that not many agents want to serve me.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I have been reading your posts without much responses so far, but I think there is a limit how long I can take it.

What you are doing is COMPLETELY wrong. Office Boy is qualified to tell u that coz Office Boy started off with nearly exactly the same condition (a few notches worse).

The way for you to climb up is to start investing smartly in the next 5 years. Aim to buy/sell 2-3 condos of smaller values to raise capital.

In your case, forget about those properties buy dont sell advices. Just buy, make cap gains, sell. Reuse the capital to buy 2 or more, and quickly escalate your capital.

In 8 years' time, no matter what is the price of Mt Sinai, you maybe staying there.

Office Boy was at the Glentree investor preview and thought thats a nice place too! Haha! That time will so young that not many agents want to serve me.

DKSG
    Good advice for free
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

DKSG
    This is good advice.

One solar cycle= 365 days.

One lunar cycle= 300 days.
    The serpent is confused. Google says 1 lunar cycle = 29.53059 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pynchmail
    The serpent is confused. Google says 1 lunar cycle = 29.53059 days.
    Google is created by mortals. Google is the one confused.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Tend to be like that when there are two heads on one body

Google is created by mortals. Google is the one confused.
    Google not the Observer ? Ok. Must the serpent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pynchmail
    Tend to be like that when there are two heads on one body
    2 heads indeed: read this:
    There were 51 previously unallocated winter days, to which were added the 6 days from the reductions in the days in the months, making a total of 57 days. These he made into 2 months, January and February, which he prefixed to the previous 10 months. January was given 29 days while February had the unlucky number of 28 days, suitable for the month of purification. This made a regular year (of 12 lunar months) 355 days long in place of the previous 304 days of the Romulus calendar. Of the 11 months with an odd number of days, 4 had 31 days each and 7 had 29 days each: