Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617

Thread: 2013 Year of The Double Headed Serpent

if yield is the concern, marina bay area is the tops.. but of course the ppty there all leasehold. I guess you win some you lose some..

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    if yield is the concern, marina bay area is the tops.. but of course the ppty there all leasehold. I guess you win some you lose some..
    Me keen on both capital appreciation and yield. Yield is important cos whether or not there is capital appreciation, the rental is needed for 3/4 years due to SSD.

Of course capital appreciation is the best way to make money.

You think the Echeleon@Alexandra will have capital appreciation, if sold at $1800 psf for 99LH at Redhill MRT? (without mall) or better to put my money to Robertson Quay FH property which comes with tenancy??

Many siaolang in CNA forum. Many there shouting property crash due to fsical cliff, financial crisis, economic downturn.

Wahlaneh.....I recalled back in 1978-1997 in my grandmother's jewellery factory, the same shouting had been going on for donkey years by our business friends. They shouted in 1978 until in 1990, we bought our own buildings la.

After we bought our buildings, the prices continue to climb and climb until in 1997, when interest rates edged up to 9%. Property prices dropped indeed, but never to the prices we paid.

Drop in Singapore property can only come when interest rates reach 12% or above. But interest rate at the moment is:IN American JAIL la.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt13OAYXhPU

BTW, brothers here can recall how many recessions between 1978-1997? I was too young to remember. :P

1978, Uncle Larry, our business friend to my uncle:

" wah...property prices drop liao hor? next year will be worse."

1985 Uncle Larry: " wah..recession hor, property markets cham liao lor."

1990 Grandma bought our first Freehold 7 storey Industrial Building for S$7million.

1992 Uncle Larry:" wah recession hor, property drop liao lor ."
    Bank valued the Industrial building at S$12million. We bought our second Office Building in Orchard for S$20million.

1994 Uncle Larry:" wah...property price drop liao hor."
    industrial Building: S$18million
    Office Building : S$25million

1996 Uncle Larry: " wah...si liao hor...recession coming ."
    Industrial Building: S$22million
    Office Building S$50million

1997 Uncle Larry:" FINANCIAL CRISIS LAI LIAO LOR...SI LIAO ARH ! PROPERTY CRASH BIG TIME."
    Both valuation stagnant

2011 Uncle Larry passed away.
    Industrial Building: S$140million
    Office Building: S$225million

I haven't even start to tell you about our Hong Kong properties.

and of course, our long term property holding strategy does not work in all economies. Only economies with the following trait will enjoy the unstoppable rise in asset appreciation:

1) GOOD GOVERNANCE ( Well managed economy by government ) that ensure continual city and urban redevelopment and advancement.

2) PROPERTIES ARE BOUGHT by a Fully employment population ( In US recent crash, the property crash resulted from properties bought by many unemployed or low income population )

3) TINY ( AS reminded by brother3C)

even with a major recession. i doubt Singapore property will drop. maybe no price increase or just drop a little. the demographic of the current buyers just show that they are not uneducated and ill informed like last time.

last time, there were just one segment ( indonesian and singaporean) of the population in the market. now, there are many segments ( prcs, indians, etc ) of the population staking in property here now.

to crash the market. u need to increase interest rates to 12 % which i doubt anyone dare to do it, since big brother already warned the rest of the world liao. those rebellious ones all kena sued one by one u can see not?

interest rate will only go up when liquidity in the system subsided. or when usa makan back all her us$. at present moment, she will not risk that for the middle class. because that will cause a major inflation in the US and destabilises the forex. i bet on the brother with the biggest gun.

brothers and sisters here noticed something? That when USA prints, nobody dare not to print especially Japan. This is to make up for the exchange rates difference and to stabilise domestic currency and interest rates. There are however, a few exceptional economies, for example, that will not print:

1) Singapore
    2) Hong Kong
    3) China ( China is being watched by USA, so she cannot any-o-how print)
    4) Germany
    5) Swiss
    6) England
    7) European Union

brothers and sisters know why? Well, the answer is simple. These 5 economies have low unemployment rates EXCEPT for item (7).

if an economy has high unemployment rates, and you do not print, it will mean prices will go up. This includes social welfare costs will also go up. And see what happened to Greece when it is pegged to Euro?Of course it is no fault of Greece since her currency is Euro and not under her control.

And if you dun print, what happens?

So clever: ANS: INFLATION.

And if you have high unemployment and still dun print what happens?

So clever again !

ANS: GREECE.

And if you print and print like USA, what happens?

ANS: You will need to take care of the REVENUE side which is either:

a) Do away with welfare and risk rebellions.

b) Tax the rich and make Skywalker happy.

And that is exactly what Obama is trying to do now, to take care of the REVENUE side and the next step I ...I.....I.....

I cannot say, say already will not happen one.

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !

There are a few siaolangs in this forum like my Uncle Larry, totally missed the boat many times and can't wait for the property market to crash.

Sad to tell them, will not happen la...well, maybe after 2050 or after all of them in the graves. ( after China and Inida exhausted their growth potential.)

CHOW GUNIANGS ! Don't dare to take the risks and want to earn big money: FAT HOPES ! Now even dare to come here and say I talk rubbish or pass false knowledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IHpqGyP1Ao

WOAHAHAHHAHAHHAEHHE

one side talk about negative thing about SG

and here talk about positive thing about SG..

really interesting
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

You guys are my motivation and the very reason why my cyber alter ego existed.

Many naysayers say I talk cork pass false information: for example, I so old liao still got grandmother meh? What be careful of an old man like me because I got nothing to lose la.

Well, here's proof to these lamers that I don't talk cork one hor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCKzYJtm3QE

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny88
    Me keen on both capital appreciation and yield. Yield is important cos whether or not there is capital appreciation, the rental is needed for 3/4 years due to SSD.

Of course capital appreciation is the best way to make money.

You think the Echeleon@Alexandra will have capital appreciation, if sold at $1800 psf for 99LH at Redhill MRT? (without mall) or better to put my money to Robertson Quay FH property which comes with tenancy??
    sometimes in life its hard to make a choice.. especially when you want both sides of the equation.

well actually as you can see, in the papers recently Alexandra is touted as the best performing district with many growth prospects.. (i guess i really know v little abt alexandra). But to really achieve even higher growth, me think they need to have stg more than just new condo developments, and vicinity to Orchard area. A good sized mall, for example, will add to the vibrancy of the place. So with respect to this, in terms of capital appreciation i am not saying that there will be none. But in the worst case scenario, capital appreciation here may be slow because money has been planted here earlier and growth period has 'peaked'.

generally places that have 'peaked' atm will have current rental yields below 4%..

as for River Valley (river area) and D1.. well future growth plan has yet to be completed. Prices have stagnate (maybe even drop a bit) but if you believe everything has a cycle.. we have yet to be in a situation of tremendous growth for this area.. if there is a catalyst needed for growth, maybe can look to 2014 when SGX / DBS buildings have been converted into malls..

Currently yield for this area hovers ard 4%-5%. if you factor in future capital appreciation, you can probably look to offload the property when rental yield hits 2.5-3% in the future..

my theory may be flawed, so please take with a pinch of salt and do your own guess-timate.

Thanks for the sharing.
    Is there any instance where yield is low (<3%) but still have good capital growth potential?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    sometimes in life its hard to make a choice.. especially when you want both sides of the equation.

well actually as you can see, in the papers recently Alexandra is touted as the best performing district with many growth prospects.. (i guess i really know v little abt alexandra). But to really achieve even higher growth, me think they need to have stg more than just new condo developments, and vicinity to Orchard area. A good sized mall, for example, will add to the vibrancy of the place. So with respect to this, in terms of capital appreciation i am not saying that there will be none. But in the worst case scenario, capital appreciation here may be slow because money has been planted here earlier and growth period has 'peaked'.

generally places that have 'peaked' atm will have current rental yields below 4%..

as for River Valley (river area) and D1.. well future growth plan has yet to be completed. Prices have stagnate (maybe even drop a bit) but if you believe everything has a cycle.. we have yet to be in a situation of tremendous growth for this area.. if there is a catalyst needed for growth, maybe can look to 2014 when SGX / DBS buildings have been converted into malls..

Currently yield for this area hovers ard 4%-5%. if you factor in future capital appreciation, you can probably look to offload the property when rental yield hits 2.5-3% in the future..

my theory may be flawed, so please take with a pinch of salt and do your own guess-timate.
    Thanks for your views! Agree with you.

By the way, notice you mention DBS "convert into malls". Do you mean if they will "demolish and reconstruct the DBS building" or just do massive A&A to convert the building? Cos V@Shenton units will then face the construction music...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Many siaolang in CNA forum. Many there shouting property crash due to fsical cliff, financial crisis, economic downturn.

Wahlaneh.....I recalled back in 1978-1997 in my grandmother's jewellery factory, the same shouting had been going on for donkey years by our business friends. They shouted in 1978 until in 1990, we bought our own buildings la.

After we bought our buildings, the prices continue to climb and climb until in 1997, when interest rates edged up to 9%. Property prices dropped indeed, but never to the prices we paid.

Drop in Singapore property can only come when interest rates reach 12% or above. But interest rate at the moment is:IN American JAIL la.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt13OAYXhPU

BTW, brothers here can recall how many recessions between 1978-1997? I was too young to remember. :P

1990 Grandma bought our first Freehold 7 storey Industrial Building for S$7million.

Bank valued the Industrial building at S$12million. We bought our second Office Building in Orchard for S$20million.

1997 Uncle Larry:" FINANCIAL CRISIS LAI LIAO LOR...SI LIAO ARH ! PROPERTY CRASH BIG TIME."
    Both valuation stagnant

and of course, our long term property holding strategy does not work in all economies. Only economies with the following trait will enjoy the unstoppable rise in asset appreciation:

1) GOOD GOVERNANCE ( Well managed economy by government ) that ensure continual city and urban redevelopment and advancement.

2) PROPERTIES ARE BOUGHT by a Fully employment population ( In US recent crash, the property crash resulted from properties bought by many unemployed or low income population )

even with a major recession. i doubt Singapore property will drop. maybe no price increase or just drop a little. the demographic of the current buyers just show that they are not uneducated and ill informed like last time.

last time, there were just one segment ( indonesian and singaporean) of the population in the market. now, there are many segments ( prcs, indians, etc ) of the population staking in property here now.

to crash the market. u need to increase interest rates to 12 % which i doubt anyone dare to do it, since big brother already warned the rest of the world liao. those rebellious ones all kena sued one by one u can see not?

interest rate will only go up when liquidity in the system subsided. or when usa makan back all her us$. at present moment, she will not risk that for the middle class. because that will cause a major inflation in the US and destabilises the forex. i bet on the brother with the biggest gun.

brothers and sisters here noticed something? That when USA prints, nobody dare not to print especially Japan. This is to make up for the exchange rates difference and to stabilise domestic currency and interest rates. There are however, a few exceptional economies, for example, that will not print:

1) Singapore
    2) Hong Kong
    4) Germany
    5) Swiss
    6) England
    7) European Union

brothers and sisters know why? Well, the answer is simple. These 5 economies have low unemployment rates EXCEPT for item (7).

if an economy has high unemployment rates, and you do not print, it will mean prices will go up. This includes social welfare costs will also go up. And see what happened to Greece when it is pegged to Euro?Of course it is no fault of Greece since her currency is Euro and not under her control.

So clever again !

And that is exactly what Obama is trying to do now, to take care of the REVENUE side and the next step I ...I.....I.....

I cannot say, say already will not happen one.

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !
    VERY INSIGHTFUL!

I have just stumbled upon this forum a week ago...2 years too late...and look forward to your very knowledgeable and wise posts. Early this morning, I went to jalan jalan the river area and am very impressed with the developments there. Please ignore the naysayers and keep the posts coming...

BJ, I AM YOUR FAN!:cheers5:

There's an article today about the Cliveden at Grange being sold at hefty loss.

Any idea if this will have any impact on high end property prices generally?

Quote Originally Posted by Khng8
    Thanks for the sharing.
    Is there any instance where yield is low (<3%) but still have good capital growth potential?
    If I'm not wrong, D12 Balestier area yield now is ard 2-3%.. Some D9 balmoral area also giving these yields atm. But please re-check my claims coz my memory may be quite fuzzy and the data I used previously not updated..

Well, Balestier area is grossly underpriced imo.. But as long as there is still massive re-construction works every few junctions.. The prices there will still be quite 'depressed'.

Then again it depends on whether u want to be the early mover or late mover..
    Once the condos / hotels / office / expressway construction there have been fully completed.. I anticipate that prices there will naturally catch up with the other city fringe areas..

Disclaimer: I grew up in Balestier area so still have attachment to this place..
    Whatever information provided is for your own discretion and in no way should be taken as professional advice - coz I'm definitely not a pro.

It is difficult to say WHOLE AREA underpriced la!

I grew up in Balestier also and feel that this IS the price it is supposed to be.
    Some condos may be OVERPRICED, especially if you see those $1,450++ ones ...

Novena LH99 doing about $1700, Newton FH about $2,000, Balestier about $1,450+ ... I think this is in equilibrium ...

DKSG

yeah you are right bro.. i was referring more to the other end of Balestier, where the Arte is.. and the older developments there.. some of the newer developments with lots of MM concentration, and claim to be D11, are priced differently

The D12 ones are somewhat 'repressed'..

RECESSION? FISCAL CLIFF ? ECONOMIC COLLAPSE ? ......

SO ?

I recalled back during 1978-1997 in my grandmother's jewellery factory, the same shouting had been going on for donkey years by our business friends. They shouted in 1978 until in 1990 when we finally bought our own buildings.

Both valuation stagnant

1) Singapore
    2) Hong Kong
    4) Germany
    5) Swiss
    6) England
    7) European Union

brothers and sisters know why? Well, the answer is simple. The first 5 economies have low unemployment rates EXCEPT for item (7).

So clever again !

And that is exactly what Obama is trying to do now, to take care of the REVENUE side and you know what is so unique about Singapore CCR properties, OCR Condos or HDBs in all districts (except I explained before, ONLY LANDED WILL DROP)that I am so confident that prices will not drop?

HINT: No, nothing to do with inflation, safe haven or strong GDP. something else, so obvious that even the professors,analysts,bankers, stock brokers,property developers, world leaders and phds in economics CAN miss it when it is staring right in their faces.

I will share with you this in this forum later

Many naysayers say I talk cork sing song, a few went as far as to email/pm me said I lied that I am from a wealthy family.

Well, here's proof that my family is richer than Hour Glass:

Photos taken in the 70s. Singapore.

Many naysayers say I talk cork sing song, a few went as far as to email/pm me said I lied that I am from a wealthy family.

Well, here's proof that my family is richer than Hour Glass:

Photos taken in the 70s. Singapore.

when we were buying properties, more than half of the developers probably did not exist !

when we were buying properties, more than half of the developers probably did not exist !
    All my secrets to success in property investment I acquired since the age of 8 years old, when my grandfather bought his first private property. Throughout the years, i have developed a Third Eye to foresee the future of any land placed in front of me.

Kings from a far come on secret visits to ask me for Fengshui advice!

All my secrets to success in property investment I acquired since the age of 8 years old, when my grandfather bought his first private property. Throughout the years, i have developed a Third Eye to foresee the future of any land placed in front of me.

Kings from a far come on secret visits to ask me for Fengshui advice!
    One King even want to buy me a yacht, but I politely refused. Since I am not a fengshui lau as a few nasty guniangs here branded me !

WAKE UP YOUR IDEAS LA, Guniangs!

NO RISK NO RETURN !

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpSxYqQoOc

Pardon my ignorance. Who are those people in the old pics?

Mentor BJ,

Actually, my sincerest opinion is that we need not convince everyone.

What you have written here, time will tell.

For those who still believe that there will be a crash in the coming year, should sit tight and wait for the next boat.

While we sit back and see how D15 and the River prosper.

And yes! Time to buy another property after hearing from you!

DKSG

Bro take care on the road while driving your lambo. Its a very powerful machine.

brother DKSG, thank you. what you advised is really wise. what was i thinking? hahaha

brother indomie, thank you for ur reminder. i will keep it always in mind. i m actually more worried for the cyclists on the road rather than my old lambo due for scrapping soon