Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 55

Thread: Pasir Panjang the next waterfront living belt?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,829

    Default Pasir Panjang the next waterfront living belt?

    http://www.straitstimes.com/archive/...-belt-20121201

    Pasir Panjang the next waterfront living belt?

    The attraction: proximity of uni, science parks, business hubs

    Published on Dec 01, 2012

    By Melissa Tan


    PASIR Panjang is best known for its port and wholesale industry facilities, and is hardly Singapore's most fashionable address.

    But consultants say that both commercial and residential property in the area could make good medium-term investments.

    It could become the next "waterfront living" belt, given its proximity to various west coast amenities such as science parks, business hubs and a university.

    The largest new project in the district is the Mapletree Business City, a huge 1.7 million sq ft office and business park.

    Completed in 2010, the business hub could be a significant source of office and residential tenants, noted Knight Frank research head Png Poh Soon.

    Pasir Panjang is also close to Singapore Science Parks I and II and Alexandra Technopark, giving it access to an estimated 100,000 workers and residents in the vicinity, he said.

    Also, the recent completion of the Haw Par Villa and Pasir Panjang MRT stations - both on the Circle Line - has helped to boost accessibility to the area.

    But one might be forgiven for wondering if there is much space for many homes in the district.

    After all, Pasir Panjang Terminal occupies the south and the National University of Singapore sits in the north-west of Pasir Panjang, along with large greenery belts formed by West Coast Park and Kent Ridge Park.

    It is unlikely that many more new homes will be built here, consultants said, noting that there were no government land sale sites available in the Pasir Panjang area for the second half of this year.

    Mr Eugene Lim, key executive officer at ERA Realty, said the scarcity of new launches in the area meant prices should "remain stable".

    The residential area in Pasir Panjang is mainly private homes located along Pasir Panjang Road, stretching from the university to the MRT station.

    Only a handful of new residential properties have been launched over the past two years.

    Two- and three-bedroom units at 72-unit freehold Horizon Residences, which is expected to obtain its temporary occupation permit (TOP) next year, were launched at prices between $1,300 and $1,400 per sq ft in mid-2010. Ninety per cent of the units have been sold to date.

    Other recent launches include 10-unit freehold Ria Apartments, 50-unit freehold Luxe Villa and Viva Vista, a freehold mixed development with 144 residential units and 106 commercial shops.

    These are all expected to get TOPs between next year and 2014.

    The homes at Viva Vista are mainly shoebox units and one-bedders, and were launched at $1,300 to $1,350 psf for larger units and $1,400 to $1,600 psf for shoebox units. All have been sold.

    But both the private resale market and the rental market are fairly active.

    Total resale transactions accounted for 52 per cent of all new sale, subsale and resale transactions in the last four years.

    Mr Png said prices for new sale properties rose by about 13 per cent over the past year, with all transactions for private homes coming from Ria Apartments and Horizon Residences.

    One bonus is that Pasir Panjang is cheaper than its neighbour, Telok Blangah. The average price of new sale and resale private homes in Pasir Panjang is estimated to be about 25 per cent and 22 per cent lower, respectively, than those in Telok Blangah.

    As for the rental market, rents at freehold condo Parc Imperial, completed in 2010, range from $3,100 to $3,300 a month for a shoebox unit of 420 sq ft, translating to a gross yield of about 5 per cent.

    Mr Lim said the residential projects in Pasir Panjang would likely appeal to buyers who prefer developments with fewer units.

    But he noted that smaller projects tend to have higher maintenance fees and may not have full condo facilities, making them less appealing to tenants.

    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    I have said in the past that the port will move to tuas and Pasir Panjang will have waterfront but people laugh. I also posted the link of a white paper by Vivian. Well it seems like it is going to happen. Hahahaha

    http://www.ura.gov.sg/interim/report1.pdf

    Read page 37/38.

    All that was mentioned in 2000 is or has happened for some. Especially population increase. Suppose to be 2040.



    Govt give hints my friends...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    I have said in the past that the port will move to tuas and Pasir Panjang will have waterfront but people laugh. I also posted the link of a white paper by Vivian. Well it seems like it is going to happen. Hahahaha

    http://www.ura.gov.sg/interim/report1.pdf

    Read page 37/38.

    All that was mentioned in 2000 is or has happened for some. Especially population increase. Suppose to be 2040.



    Govt give hints my friends...
    bro, the problem is the time line. like simpang town and N12 MRT liddat. duno when it will happen. if bought sapphire in 2000, wait until now already depreciated.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    bro, the problem is the time line. like simpang town and N12 MRT liddat. duno when it will happen. if bought sapphire in 2000, wait until now already depreciated.
    Bro, I talking about major plans lah.... If u read e paper, they trying to work something out along telok blangah, Pasir Panjang... Because of Alexandra biz park, science park, etc.... Not just a single mrt. That's why they built mrt along this line... U need to look at white paper lah.... Finding is tough...it took me awhile to find this paper and read it... I was wondering why they building mrt... I knew it early because they came my house to take photo,.. Hahahaha.

    I thing sapphire went up leh... U referring to yishun sapphire rite?

    Anyway, anything bot in 2000 surely make money lah...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    I have said in the past that the port will move to tuas and Pasir Panjang will have waterfront but people laugh. I also posted the link of a white paper by Vivian. Well it seems like it is going to happen. Hahahaha

    http://www.ura.gov.sg/interim/report1.pdf

    Read page 37/38.

    All that was mentioned in 2000 is or has happened for some. Especially population increase. Suppose to be 2040.



    Govt give hints my friends...
    You are wrong!

    Singapore to Spend S$3.5 Billion to Expand Pasir Panjang Port
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...jang-port.html


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    Agree. Very soon everywhere in Sin will be developed and the key is when. For next 5-10 yrs, enough of the east and north east. Upcoming, Jurong!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    bro, the problem is the time line. like simpang town and N12 MRT liddat. duno when it will happen. if bought sapphire in 2000, wait until now already depreciated.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    You are wrong!

    Singapore to Spend S$3.5 Billion to Expand Pasir Panjang Port
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...jang-port.html

    Bro, my units are all freehold.... Of course they gonna continue with PP. but they are going to test out tuas first. First to move for container will be tanjong pagar
    http://www.eonatshenton.com/Case-Stu...terfront-City/

    Have patience... Hahahaha... U thnk move tomorrow can ah?? Hahahaha

    I held on to my anchorage for 16 years leh... I have patience...

    Hahahaha...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, I talking about major plans lah.... If u read e paper, they trying to work something out along telok blangah, Pasir Panjang... Because of Alexandra biz park, science park, etc.... Not just a single mrt. That's why they built mrt along this line... U need to look at white paper lah.... Finding is tough...it took me awhile to find this paper and read it... I was wondering why they building mrt... I knew it early because they came my house to take photo,.. Hahahaha.

    I thing sapphire went up leh... U referring to yishun sapphire rite?

    Anyway, anything bot in 2000 surely make money lah...
    bro, which year did they take photo? back then when pasir panjang was damn damn ulu... will u dare to bet big time and wait 10 years for it to ripe? furthermore wait for MRT to build also takes a long time + construction and all that will depress prices and rental.

    i din go and read your attachment lah. too long. what i mean is major plan is major plan, if read white paper and bet on ppty hoping the major plan will start work, wait until neck long long. i read somewhere the jurong plan also mentioned long time ago, now then start.

    agree that anything in 2000 sure make $. but those who decided to buy yishun sapphire betting on N12, wait until now already 10 yrs+, vs if bought near MRT in 2000, now already huat more. so what i'm saying is, buy on masterplan is very risky lah. timeline unclear.

    otherwise i also say, the next story after punggol and simpang and bidadari is yishun waterfront. so pple who buy SM and MR will be laughing their way to the bank also. (ok ok.. i know.. dun tink got white paper yet. haha)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    If you buy FH, can afford to wait.... Even if not in your lifetime, could be in your kids.

    If LH, wait 20, 30 years for any master plan to take shape.... Good luck to you...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    .

    Bro, if u only have 1 bullet, u plan properly... If u have many bullets, u can put around... I really cannot tell u how to play leh...

    For me, I do some homework on potential of place... But more importantly, will prices shoot.... I got it right for the latter, the earlier is bonus... But I think if u ask me, people like dc and dtrax also spot the next site the govt pumping money in to grow the site... Yes of course it takes time... That is smart money.... Smart money go in early and wait.. sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't... Not every time nab, nab surely rite.... But u need a few bullets to play lah...

    It's like shares, how to dump all into 1 share... Must spread... Sme conservative play, some dividend play, some potential multiple baggers...

    So if a person has only 5k for shares, how to advise him which share to play? I am not saying u have 5 k hor... I just giving an example....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sh
    If you buy FH, can afford to wait.... Even if not in your lifetime, could be in your kids.

    If LH, wait 20, 30 years for any master plan to take shape.... Good luck to you...
    I agree... So like jurong, govt already announce early, so can whack... Hahaha

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    I see potential in Pasir Panjang, but not because of the potential of the port moving away for the following reasons.

    1) tanjong pagar port lease only expires 2027, redevelopment of Pasir Panjang port will not happen before that.
    2) currently Pasir Panjang port is being reclaimed, PSA will use the port for 10-20 years before they move out.
    3) even if the port eventually gets redeveloped into a waterfront city, the waterfront is too far from the existing properties.

    But Pasir Panjang has several attractive attributes.
    1) ready tenants from NUS, science park, even 1 north (2 stations away)
    2) convenience of haw par villa, Pasir Panjang mrts
    3) Haw Par villa is waiting to be developed into something exiting given its location at a MRT station. The historical part will be conserved, but the remaining areas......
    4) being mostly FH helps too.

    Last edited by sh; 03-12-12 at 20:02.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    I have said in the past that the port will move to tuas and Pasir Panjang will have waterfront but people laugh. I also posted the link of a white paper by Vivian. Well it seems like it is going to happen. Hahahaha

    http://www.ura.gov.sg/interim/report1.pdf

    Read page 37/38.

    All that was mentioned in 2000 is or has happened for some. Especially population increase. Suppose to be 2040.



    Govt give hints my friends...
    PSA port along PP will be there for at least the next 10 to 15 years or so, at the moment they are still busy reclamation activities along PP to expand the port facilities, so expect that place to get a lot busier in the coming years.

    Last week paper, there was also an suggestion floated to join the southern islands with Jurong Island and this will perhaps bring chemical plant closers to PP area. I am not so sure if such waterfront living will be attractive.

    Personally I think these journalist are just running out of things to write.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, my units are all freehold.... Of course they gonna continue with PP. but they are going to test out tuas first. First to move for container will be tanjong pagar
    http://www.eonatshenton.com/Case-Stu...terfront-City/

    Have patience... Hahahaha... U thnk move tomorrow can ah?? Hahahaha

    I held on to my anchorage for 16 years leh... I have patience...

    Hahahaha...
    They will b at PP forever. Good thing is it will shift commerce n trade into e west, boosting demand for rental properties. Finance will concentrate at marina bay.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    They will b at PP forever. Good thing is it will shift commerce n trade into e west, boosting demand for rental properties. Finance will concentrate at marina bay.
    Bro read post 12

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro read post 12
    V hard to imagine e container terminals shifting out from Keppel after 2027. We r 15 years away from this mega shift n it will b a costly affair to build new infrastructure to cater for e new terminals. Cost of business will def go up a lot. Not sure if we will still b competitive. Rem there r ports in JB also.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sh
    But Pasir Panjang has several attractive attributes.
    1) ready tenants from NUS, science park, even 1 north (2 stations away)
    2) convenience of haw par villa, Pasir Panjang mrts
    3) Haw Par villa is waiting to be developed into something exiting given its location at a MRT station. The historical part will be conserved, but the remaining areas......
    4) being mostly FH helps too.

    I tend to agree with this.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    .

    Bro, if u only have 1 bullet, u plan properly... If u have many bullets, u can put around... I really cannot tell u how to play leh...

    For me, I do some homework on potential of place... But more importantly, will prices shoot.... I got it right for the latter, the earlier is bonus... But I think if u ask me, people like dc and dtrax also spot the next site the govt pumping money in to grow the site... Yes of course it takes time... That is smart money.... Smart money go in early and wait.. sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't... Not every time nab, nab surely rite.... But u need a few bullets to play lah...

    It's like shares, how to dump all into 1 share... Must spread... Sme conservative play, some dividend play, some potential multiple baggers...

    So if a person has only 5k for shares, how to advise him which share to play? I am not saying u have 5 k hor... I just giving an example....
    Thats true. If got few bullets can afford to spread the risk. Same investment rule applies, be it stocks, ppty or whatever.. Diversification

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    V hard to imagine e container terminals shifting out from Keppel after 2027. We r 15 years away from this mega shift n it will b a costly affair to build new infrastructure to cater for e new terminals. Cost of business will def go up a lot. Not sure if we will still b competitive. Rem there r ports in JB also.
    Bro, u know how much money the govt going to make from land sales and also unlocking of prime area.... Bro, planning already took place in 2000. Now is all about execution. Look at 1 north, look at jurong, now look at wat is going to happen to punggol. Hahahaha... I already said, govt give hints.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, u know how much money the govt going to make from land sales and also unlocking of prime area.... Bro, planning already took place in 2000. Now is all about execution. Look at 1 north, look at jurong, now look at wat is going to happen to punggol. Hahahaha... I already said, govt give hints.
    You think too much... 15 years (2027) is a long time at Keppel. It will be at least another 20-30 years before redevelopment of pasir panjang takes place. Rental to executives in the growing commercial and trade will be the best bet at pasir panjang to jurong east.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, u know how much money the govt going to make from land sales and also unlocking of prime area.... Bro, planning already took place in 2000. Now is all about execution. Look at 1 north, look at jurong, now look at wat is going to happen to punggol. Hahahaha... I already said, govt give hints.
    Can you compile a list of hints and pm it to me? LOL

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    You think too much... 15 years (2027) is a long time at Keppel. It will be at least another 20-30 years before redevelopment of pasir panjang takes place. Rental to executives in the growing commercial and trade will be the best bet at pasir panjang to jurong east.
    Yes, and eventually when PSA move out of PP, the coastal line with be 1km away from current Pasir Panjang, which will call Pasir Panjang South

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    You think too much... 15 years (2027) is a long time at Keppel. It will be at least another 20-30 years before redevelopment of pasir panjang takes place. Rental to executives in the growing commercial and trade will be the best bet at pasir panjang to jurong east.
    Aiya. U think I only have PP? Hahahaha. Enough said.

    I not hear to sell pp. If not will be too crowded. Hahaha

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Aiya. U think I only have PP? Hahahaha. Enough said.

    I not hear to sell pp. If not will be too crowded. Hahaha
    I don't doubt you have many properties. I'm only looking at your inference. I know west side developments quite well The potential of west side lies in the rental to executives Something else is brewing from Pasir Panjang to Nusajaya, but I don't have the time to catch up right now.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,837

    Default

    many years ago there was a pasir panjang primary school ... between Jalan mat jambol and Yew Siang road ...

    its gone but the plot still there

    i hope govt can put a primary school there .... then PP will cheong even more

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    many years ago there was a pasir panjang primary school ... between Jalan mat jambol and Yew Siang road ...

    its gone but the plot still there

    i hope govt can put a primary school there .... then PP will cheong even more
    U also have unit in PP?



    Bro refer to post 14.

    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=15268&page=2

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    U also have unit in PP?



    Bro refer to post 14.

    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=15268&page=2

    used to hold 3 props there .......

    sold along the way ...
    now keeping 1

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    used to hold 3 props there .......

    sold along the way ...
    now keeping 1
    Aiyoh... Hope u invested somewhere...

    is yours at the 2 way stretch or the main road stretch at pp hawker centre? Mine all in the small stretch... Love the quaint feeling...

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Aiyoh... Hope u invested somewhere...

    is yours at the 2 way stretch or the main road stretch at pp hawker centre? Mine all in the small stretch... Love the quaint feeling...
    used to own from clementi to south buona vista stretch

    now left 1 closest to alexandra

Similar Threads

  1. Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living
    By solsys in forum North East
    Replies: 3439
    -: 11-08-23, 13:14
  2. Waterfront living and humidity
    By mcmlxxvi in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 25
    -: 31-12-11, 19:58
  3. Waterfront living? This is it
    By mr funny in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 22-03-10, 03:10
  4. Bustling waterfront living for Punggol
    By mr funny in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 1
    -: 13-12-08, 21:17
  5. Coming up: Waterfront living for HDB residents
    By mr funny in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 05-02-07, 15:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •