Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore top asian country to be born in.

Bro, that's why I damn scared to talk about politics because it so emo....

My last post...for this topic... like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    on the contrary, i mix with a lot of pro-PAP friends (i myself considered middle ground but leaning towards anti on a 51/49 scale). the way they sing praises of the ruling party.. blindly.. everything good, everything for the country, everything for the future, they have done everything right in the past. i call it blind faith. for the record, these are friends who are in the running for future BBM/MP, etc. all high level, kaki with MP type. or family member of MPs.

and i can tell you.. it F-king turns me off. with all due respect, it reminds me of a certain religion who tell you their religion is the one and only one in the world.

i think.. the PAP has done well. but they are too buried in their own success. example: MBT and his HDB story. elitism breeds elitism, and it has become some form of "incest". what do you get when the entire generation marries within the family? the future generation gene pool gets diluted and sick. it becomes tunnel vision. that's whats happening with each new generation of ministers. more and more civil servants. less and less commercial/business/"real world" people.

i do not think all this mudslinging on the internet is healthy. TRE/real singapore websites are just protesting for the sake of protesting. that is not right.

but we do need to strike a good balance in between. GE2011 has done right, but as long as the PAP does good work from now on, i have no complains.

No garment is perfect and therefore needs a watchdog. Singaporeans should be contended as they have a shelter over their head no matter how big it is and a job. Investors should be happy as long as currency and economy is stable. Stress, pressure, rising cost happens all over the world. At least the lower income will be getting another angpao soon and not siphoned away.

to be born with silver spoon yes ..
    Ride at your own risk !!!