Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 200 SMRT bus drivers refuse to go to work over pay issue

Default 200 SMRT bus drivers refuse to go to work over pay issue

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...issue-20121126

GG. Coe prices gonna go up, condo prices near mrt gonna go up

wow is this the first strike in so many decades or since independence?

Not sure what is the point of them striking ?

To hold Singapore ransom ?

If you maid refuse to cook dinner because your neighbour's maid got an increment she didnt (and she thinks she deserves it, but you dont think so), what will you do ?

Answer is clear...

If I go to my Boss (Manager of Office Admin) and say I wont send documents anymore until I get the same increment as the ang mos in my office, guess what they will tell me ?

Answer is clear ...

DKSG

Let them go back if they are not happy here.
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

... and our roads will be less dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    ... and our roads will be less dangerous
    Confirm. Chop. Sign.

But dont worry la .. when this batch of 200 go back, there will be another 200 applying to come over.

You know drive bus in China earn how much ?

I also dont know, but I think certainly worth their effort to be posted here.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Not sure what is the point of them striking ?

To hold Singapore ransom ?

If you maid refuse to cook dinner because your neighbour's maid got an increment she didnt (and she thinks she deserves it, but you dont think so), what will you do ?

Answer is clear...

If I go to my Boss (Manager of Office Admin) and say I wont send documents anymore until I get the same increment as the ang mos in my office, guess what they will tell me ?

Answer is clear ...

DKSG
    they have been in sgp too long and think they are FT

The mere fact that we let it happened is a disgrace.
    a bunch of softie and sissy we have become...

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    The mere fact that we let it happened is a disgrace.
    a bunch of softie and sissy we have become...
    It just shows how much we have become dependent on them and it's hard to wean business off. Try telling them biz owners who have all along been having easy access to cheap labour that your costs gonna increase more by employing a local and you gonna make less per mth ....

Case in point, Malaysian SMRT drivers get paid more than their Chinese counterpart ...

Soon we may have MRT station staff and train drivers going on strike haa ha a haa....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Soon we may have MRT station staff and train drivers going on strike haa ha a haa....
    是曠工不是罷工。。。mass media very careful with the words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    是曠工不是罷工。。。mass media very careful with the words.
    to save some people's blushes?

how dare they go on strike when they are not even citizens or PRs.

tell them to piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

actually this sort of incident are not funny.....

the point is smrt is NEGOTIATING WITH THEM. ang chia police come already also only to MAINTAIN ORDER. they strike and still don't get arrested and get to negotiate somemore!

this is now a serious problem for us. its not as simple as asking them to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    the point is smrt is NEGOTIATING WITH THEM. ang chia police come already also only to MAINTAIN ORDER. they strike and still don't get arrested and get to negotiate somemore!

this is now a serious problem for us. its not as simple as asking them to go back.
    Indeed, if we ask 102 of them to go back, our buses won't be able to run normally for the interim. If we nego w them, we be setting precedence. No win situation. That's y our founding father take a v strong stance against strike and the impact it has on the reputation of SG. Anyone rem alpha-s?

I understand they also blocked the gates preventing other bus captains from going to work. They have committed an offence relating to an unlawful assembly under the penal code. They should be charged in court and punished. Nobody, least of all, foreigners, should come to this country, commit an offence and get away with it.

If we gave in to the demands, we could set a ourselves for dangerous precedent...

Most of you miss another thing...

There is another interesting confirmation through this incident. While online forums everywhere reported the story by 1500hrs, channelnewsasia and STnews remained quiet, as if waiting for instruction on what to report. Only after 1623hrs was the news reported on ST website. The board members probably held an urgent meeting ...Lol.

So this confirms once again that ST and CNA are controlled media. Not accurate at all!!!
    Last edited by ysyap; 27-11-12 at 06:33.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap

There is another interesting confirmation through this incident. While online forums everywhere reported the story by 1500hrs, channelnewsasia and STnews remained quiet, as if waiting for instruction on what to report. Only after 1623hrs was the news reported on ST website. The board members probably held an urgent meeting ...Lol.

So this confirms once again that ST and CNA are controlled media. Not accurate at all!!!
    aiyo.. nothing new. we all know long long ago.

the interesting thing is... if the 102 men were banglah, indian, filipino... not PRC. would the treatment be different? throw straight into jail?

who is being protected here? SMRT (to ensure efficient running of buses)? PRC becoz of their nationality? or... ? alot of politics behind. it is not about us becoming softie or what. and what is 102 men? i think easily can recruit from malaysia lor. SGD2k/mth=RM$5k leh.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap

aiyo pls. every1 shud know that by heart liao brudder.

conrad raj always sing his own tunes also was frm TODAY not the above... but sometimes he sing off key one la. but hor but hor.... same parent company with CNA leh... so tell me where got true free media in SG.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    so tell me where got true free media in SG.
    lian he wan bao and xin ming, considered semi free media?? they were the ones who spill the beans on cecilia sue and co. but maybe also pre-meditated move.

Their salary of 1.1k is actually quite low compare to the Malaysian. but then, is accomodation provided for the PRC or they have to fork out their own? if they have to fork out their own, then how to survive?

bus drivers strike - bo dai chee

SIA pilots mention about pay hike - a prominent Lee intervenes and issues a warning

http://acorn.nationalinterest.in/200...ave-their-way/

talk about the difference in harshness of how both incidents were handled. begs to think that bus drivers are more precious than pilots??!

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    Their salary of 1.1k is actually quite low compare to the Malaysian. but then, is accomodation provided for the PRC or they have to fork out their own? if they have to fork out their own, then how to survive?
    news mentioned they stay in their dormitary refuse to go to work. means got lodging. i'm quite sure the malaysians dun have lodging. always see them ride bike home. SMRT shld ask the PRC go fly kite, get their own lodging. like that our HDB got more tenants also.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    lian he wan bao and xin ming, considered semi free media?? they were the ones who spill the beans on cecilia sue and co. but maybe also pre-meditated move.
    have you been to NS?

then u shud know that the wayang is good guys is me bad guys also me... left hand and right hand and even buttock also i act.

u juat pay ur dues to sit back relac watch the show...

Imagine suddenly no bus services. Lots of people will be very upset. SMRT CEO will be very busy. PRCs drivers must have been felt cheated after coming over. Malaysian drivers are getting at least 2k plus. No wonder buses on the roads are quite reckless and cars have to give way to them. Pity our elderly who cannot speak mandarin.
    Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    bus drivers strike - bo dai chee

SIA pilots mention about pay hike - a prominent Lee intervenes and issues a warning

http://acorn.nationalinterest.in/200...ave-their-way/

talk about the difference in harshness of how both incidents were handled. begs to think that bus drivers are more precious than pilots??!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    Wan bao more protected, only xin ming is semi media.. yesterday's paper only xin ming reported the strike incident. Wan bao headline is about a son throwing his father out of the house or somthing like that.

Also you noticed that today's ST did not use the word 'strike' coz politically sensitive. Only said workers did not report to work... Lol!

A nice wake up call to policy makers who look for the easy way out by importing cheap foreign labor to suppress cost so as to remain 'competitive'.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    The issue here is mismanagment. If lodgin plus salary is provided for the PRC drivers, then it must be told them properly that their Malaysian counterparts don't have accomodation. Also, it must be properly conveyed to them concerning their bonus issue this year coz think this was one of the problem surfaced. Don't talk properly and make PRC drivers happy no wonder got 'strike' lah...

SMRT very busy... last year service disruption, this year 'strike'... interesting. Minister invited to PM office to lim kopi today liaoz!