Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: 200 SMRT bus drivers refuse to go to work over pay issue

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    those chinese are telling us look for somebody else... so just do that loh
    if they can find job that pay 3 to 5 times more in Europe and elsewhere ... just wish them good luck loh
    they really think we are naive and ignorant and small and nice to bully ... just shank them aside loh ... we move on

got to wait to tap myamar side for lower cost labour. but that take time as skill set are weaker than the chinese.

Perhaps ur reaction can also be applied to the maids. but in the end all go HK and Taiwan n u cant get maid for the families who need them. Eventually cannot take it still have to pay higher to attract the maids back LPPL. And they might not come back or cost more than b4.

Beware of Maids in hell
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Beware of Maids in hell

Beware of HELL itself

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    1) I laughed until my teeth drop. Think they are referring to the businessmen is it? They are richer in fact!

2) They want to go Korea, Japan, Europe etc but can they talk their language?
    If they can they won't be construction workers already!

Actually many Chinese from Dalian, Shengyang and Liaoning speaks Korean and you can find them working in almost every store in Myengdong in Seoul.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp

LHD = left hand drive
    RHD = right hand drive
    Thx for clarifying...

In Australia, they protect & reserve good paying jobs for citizens? Same for UK, Canada, Europe etc. Taxi drivers are definitely not good jobs, & they are salaried overseas.
    Here in Singapore, they only protect taxi drivers jobs for Citizens, what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    simple lor pay more tax lor. I took a cab in australia. a ride in the taxi cost me AUS65 from airport to hotel in town. duration 25min ride.

So question is do we prefer to pay more or less? Sure pay less u get these labour woes. Pay more maybe less issue. But still low skill no singaporean want to do.

incendiently of all the cab rides I took in australia a lot of the drivers are not locals. either indians, pakistani, chinese etc.

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    In Australia, they protect & reserve good paying jobs for citizens? Same for UK, Canada, Europe etc. Taxi drivers are definitely not good jobs, & they are salaried overseas.
    Here in Singapore, they only protect taxi drivers jobs for Citizens, what to do?
    Really? They have union n u get so much strike in UK, Canada n Europe. How abt that? Also becoz of that cost are so bloody high. I dont c anything good about that. How much a plumber in Australia or UK?

Sure pay for people is higher than Singapore cost is even higher. So net net no use.

Doomed....now is construction workers!

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singa...063411977.html

Just hope that our BUC will not be affected soon.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Doomed....now is construction workers!

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singa...063411977.html

Just hope that our BUC will not be affected soon.
    This one is different.
    They apparently were not paid their salary.

Alibaba contractor. Good luck to e hse owners of blocks built by this contractor.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/

- by Andrew Loh

Some Indian construction workers in Yishun stopped working on Tuesday, joining colleagues from China who put down their tools a month ago to demand payment of their salaries.
    Together there are about 20 workers of Sime Chong Construction Pte Ltd. who are refusing to work.
    The Chinese workers have been working in Singapore for some four to five years, and this is the first time that they have taken things into their own hands.
    Four of the 20-odd workers have decided to speak up. Each of them is owed a range of between S$2,400 to S$5,600 in salaries.

The men say they have been told by their employer that the company has no money and thus could not pay them. "But the construction project is still carrying on," one of the men says, pointing to the ongoing construction of some HDB flats in Yishun where they are located, and which the company is involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/

- by Andrew Loh

Some Indian construction workers in Yishun stopped working on Tuesday, joining colleagues from China who put down their tools a month ago to demand payment of their salaries.
    Together there are about 20 workers of Sime Chong Construction Pte Ltd. who are refusing to work.
    The Chinese workers have been working in Singapore for some four to five years, and this is the first time that they have taken things into their own hands.
    Four of the 20-odd workers have decided to speak up. Each of them is owed a range of between S$2,400 to S$5,600 in salaries.

The men say they have been told by their employer that the company has no money and thus could not pay them. "But the construction project is still carrying on," one of the men says, pointing to the ongoing construction of some HDB flats in Yishun where they are located, and which the company is involved in.

Owe salary is different thing. never get paid can dont work. not obligated to render service if not paid. plus this is not public service.

Point is.. since that fateful day 'strike', there have been at least 3 other foreign workers related issues reported. These foreigners are definitely having more guts to do such things. I could imagine these poor Indian workers would still be working on the project aimlessly and fearfully if the 'strike' hasn't taken place...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Point is.. since that fateful day 'strike', there have been at least 3 other foreign workers related issues reported. These foreigners are definitely having more guts to do such things. I could imagine these poor Indian workers would still be working on the project aimlessly and fearfully if the 'strike' hasn't taken place...
    Wat guts to do such thing? Wat talking u? They not paid 4mths. If ur boss don't pay u 4 mths won't u walk? Or u mean I will still die die stick ard n work hoping for pay?

Got mouths to feed 1 leh.

Plus construction worker are pay per day. Work get paid no work no pay. It's unfair to withhold or refuse to pay workers.

If my boss never depoisit my pay by 2nd mth I will disappear Liao. Why stick ard do free work?

Default the proper way to strike

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/26367.aspx#general

General travel advice

Boxing Day Tube strike - The ASLEF union has called a Tube strike on Boxing Day. If the strike goes ahead, there is likely to be significant disruption to Tube services.
    Please use other transport services, walk or cycle where possible, Barclays Cycle Hire will operate in central London. Bus, Docklands Light Railway (DLR) Tramlink and some River services will run, as will the Emirates Air Line. Extra buses will be provided on some bus routes particularly in the central area.

NEL down again this afternoon... SMRT's problems never cease, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Wat guts to do such thing? Wat talking u? They not paid 4mths. If ur boss don't pay u 4 mths won't u walk? Or u mean I will still die die stick ard n work hoping for pay?

Got mouths to feed 1 leh.

Plus construction worker are pay per day. Work get paid no work no pay. It's unfair to withhold or refuse to pay workers.

If my boss never depoisit my pay by 2nd mth I will disappear Liao. Why stick ard do free work?
    You tahan till 2nd mth... these Indian workers tahan till 3 months and still hush hush... foreigners who are not very educated will definitely be crippled in a foreign land... I've heard of even maids kana molested at home unteen times and still don't dare to lodge a police report. These FW fear losing their job after spending so much money to come here to work... some even have to borrow from friends and relatives so they cannot afford to break. They just keep hoping that their pay is coming next month...