Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: An outlook on the condos in the area ; potential price inequality?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default An outlook on the condos in the area ; potential price inequality?

    Here are my personal observations over the last 3 years and ? the development of a potential price inequality, wondering what you guys think ?

    1. bukit timah road/dunearn road
    New estates
    floridian/cascadia/jardin going between 1600-1900psf
    generally i would rank jardin>=floridian>cascadia

    Old estates
    tessarina, nexus, sterling, maplewoods, blossomvale
    all transacting 1400psf there abouts on average

    2. jalan jurong kechil
    signature park 1000++ psf
    terrene 1300++ psf
    apartments (w/o condo facilities) charisma view, grand regency, grand chateau have transacted at 1050++ psf

    3. hillview area
    im very surprised that symphony heights/summerhill have transacted 1200-1300psf ( in my opinion , over-valued )

    this is the first price inequality

    4. now u would notice that the shall i say neglected stretch along upperbukit timah road with
    Springdale/Southaven/Bukit regency

    this area is transacting 1000+
    (same as jalan jurong kechil and ?lower than hill view area)
    what do u guys think?

    this area should be valued at 1100-1200psf

    upsides and advantages

    1. MRT 600m, southaven is probably the most walkable
    not possible at jalan jurong kechil, upslope and very far in hill view
    2. Amenities (food across the road -> cheong chin nam road vs railmall and none at jalan jurong kechil)
    3. No ERP (compare this to hillview)
    4. Nature? pros and cons
    5. Better location (more central closer to the bukit timah stretch)

    would be looking at these condos with great interest
    intrinsic value should see higher transacted caveats soon

    what do u guys think?

    im personally vested in this area
    am looking for more bargains

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Now microscopically looking

    bukit regency is perhaps too run down for most people with a rather bland facade and the general feel i get is that the condo is not well maintained with poor interior furnishes

    springdale has two exits which is great but its pool are swimming with monkeys
    have to buy high floor

    southaven needs a new paintjob but does not have monkey issues
    and slightly nearer to amenities and future MRT (beauty world)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Have you heard of "no horse run"? That is what my frend told me, psf run so fast until no horse run. If you think psf price is high then it probably is, I dont think anyone here will convince you otherwise depending on whether he is bear or bull mode. Even I tell u, jln jurong kechil will upz old FH in that area, you also enter at your own risk. So unless you wanna chase psf, make sure you have enough buffer. If you are looking for bargains at this time, you seriously need to do alot of homework/scouting and network with agents provided you can get the bargains fast enough. If you wanna get tons of real bargains, I think both of us will know when the time comes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leslens

    upsides and advantages

    1. MRT 600m, southaven is probably the most walkable
    not possible at jalan jurong kechil, upslope and very far in hill view
    2. Amenities (food across the road -> cheong chin nam road vs railmall and none at jalan jurong kechil)
    Some condos at jalan jurong kechil and toh tuck road are within walking distance to beauty world mrt and cheong chin nam road. Terrene is only a short walk away.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    4. now u would notice that the shall i say neglected stretch along upperbukit timah road with
    Springdale/Southaven/Bukit regency

    this area is transacting 1000+
    (same as jalan jurong kechil and ?lower than hill view area)
    what do u guys think?
    I grew up in this area. Springdale/Southaven/Bukit regency is a little far to walk to the future beauty world mrt with no shelter at all. What would be interesting is to see how the bt.timah shopping centre/beauty world plaze and centre is going to be redeveloped after the mrt is up. These malls are old school and in disrepair and i can see a developer coming in to spruce everything up once there is increased traffic from the mrt. Those condos you mentioned might then benefit from this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    This assumption that there will be increased traffic once the MRT is up...are there any real world examples? I read news reports that Holland Village shop owners were complaining that the expected increase in traffic never came even after the Holland Village MRT was up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    I grew up in this area. Springdale/Southaven/Bukit regency is a little far to walk to the future beauty world mrt with no shelter at all. What would be interesting is to see how the bt.timah shopping centre/beauty world plaze and centre is going to be redeveloped after the mrt is up. These malls are old school and in disrepair and i can see a developer coming in to spruce everything up once there is increased traffic from the mrt. Those condos you mentioned might then benefit from this.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mm63
    This assumption that there will be increased traffic once the MRT is up...are there any real world examples? I read news reports that Holland Village shop owners were complaining that the expected increase in traffic never came even after the Holland Village MRT was up.
    This is of course just an assumption. Even if other examples are quoted, it will still remain an assumption as the examples do not then turn this into a fact. However, its also a chicken and egg thingy. The increased traffic will come, assuming the developer builds something worth coming for.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mm63
    This assumption that there will be increased traffic once the MRT is up...are there any real world examples? I read news reports that Holland Village shop owners were complaining that the expected increase in traffic never came even after the Holland Village MRT was up.
    becoz holland V is atas place. where got pple take MRT to holland V one...

    or maybe what they mean is holland V already so hot.. so MRT or no MRT, also so hot. of coz no increase in traffic lah

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lee
    Some condos at jalan jurong kechil and toh tuck road are within walking distance to beauty world mrt and cheong chin nam road. Terrene is only a short walk away.
    i live here since i was a kid

    southaven/springdale u can cross the road and u are at cheong chin nam road
    mrt is about 600m away

    the condos at jalan jurong kechil, terrene signature park are further away from these areas

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    now now

    1. Hillview area
    (symphony and summerhill caveats transacted have broken 1250psf
    2. Jalan jurong kechil
    Signature park (u should see caveats breaking 1150psf, should be lodged in soon)
    3. springdale/bukit regency/southaven at 1050psf
    assuming 1+2 hold their psfs, this region should see a boost

    of course, these are just my 2 cents
    im vested in the area higher up
    now can only afford lower down areas
    im sure im not the only one looking at these areas


    anyone has any insider info on the prospects of beauty world?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Have you heard of "no horse run"? That is what my frend told me, psf run so fast until no horse run. If you think psf price is high then it probably is, I dont think anyone here will convince you otherwise depending on whether he is bear or bull mode. Even I tell u, jln jurong kechil will upz old FH in that area, you also enter at your own risk. So unless you wanna chase psf, make sure you have enough buffer. If you are looking for bargains at this time, you seriously need to do alot of homework/scouting and network with agents provided you can get the bargains fast enough. If you wanna get tons of real bargains, I think both of us will know when the time comes

    cheers bro, some days i wake up a bull
    some days im a bear

    also cant decide

    today im a mid bull

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    cheers bro, some days i wake up a bull
    some days im a bear

    also cant decide

    today im a mid bull
    omg split personality!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    now now

    1. Hillview area
    (symphony and summerhill caveats transacted have broken 1250psf
    2. Jalan jurong kechil
    Signature park (u should see caveats breaking 1150psf, should be lodged in soon)
    3. springdale/bukit regency/southaven at 1050psf
    assuming 1+2 hold their psfs, this region should see a boost

    of course, these are just my 2 cents
    im vested in the area higher up
    now can only afford lower down areas
    im sure im not the only one looking at these areas


    anyone has any insider info on the prospects of beauty world?
    Based on master plan 2008 there should be a medical care center or hospital site there. Maybe plastic surgery @ beauty world?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Based on master plan 2008 there should be a medical care center or hospital site there. Maybe plastic surgery @ beauty world?

    just checked out
    that site is too small for a hospital/comm hospital
    a medical centre or polyclinic looks likely
    beauty world is still commercial
    its the small plot of land across beauty world


    future hospitals already in the plan in CCK/Woodlands maybe
    Jurong in 2015, NUH

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Well
    Springdale and bukit regency have now hit1100 psf
    Expect price to climb and hit resistance of 1250-1300 end 2013

    Expect hill view to already hit resistance of 1200

    Expect signature park to hit resistance of 1200
    Surrounding apts to hit resistance 1150

    Expect bukit Timah road nexus sterling maple price resistance 1500-1600


    See if I'm right end 2013

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    616

    Default

    If only they revamp Beauty world stretch. Else the whole place is worst then people park

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    Well
    Springdale and bukit regency have now hit1100 psf
    Expect price to climb and hit resistance of 1250-1300 end 2013

    Expect hill view to already hit resistance of 1200

    Expect signature park to hit resistance of 1200
    Surrounding apts to hit resistance 1150

    Expect bukit Timah road nexus sterling maple price resistance 1500-1600


    See if I'm right end 2013
    soon a soon

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    Well
    Springdale and bukit regency have now hit1100 psf
    Expect price to climb and hit resistance of 1250-1300 end 2013

    Expect hill view to already hit resistance of 1200

    Expect signature park to hit resistance of 1200
    Surrounding apts to hit resistance 1150

    Expect bukit Timah road nexus sterling maple price resistance 1500-1600


    See if I'm right end 2013
    . anybody got any idea when garment will announce how they going to make use of the railway land for Green Corridor? And when is the new master plan 2013 be out?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,217

    Default

    Chief planner of URA said end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    . anybody got any idea when garment will announce how they going to make use of the railway land for Green Corridor? And when is the new master plan 2013 be out?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    789

    Default

    So long to wait.... U mean both news?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    I propose you pay a visit to those condos at Southhaven and Spingdale before commenting instead of just looking at caveats and location. Cheaper than some condos in Hillview for good reason. Location is one thing, the development should also be well maintained and finishing of decent quality. And it's quite a long walk to Beauty World and the monkey problem is persistent. Also some of the condos there is 99LH. Also Signature Park side probably can never walk to any MRT.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    789

    Default

    If garment would propose the Hume park mrt station last time, prices at the hillside, Springdale will 'spring', but too bad, not easy to off shoot without the station in less than 300 m...... hillview station condos like Glendale park, hillview heights, hillview peak, will still be the most sought for....

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    If garment would propose the Hume park mrt station last time, prices at the hillside, Springdale will 'spring', but too bad, not easy to off shoot without the station in less than 300 m...... hillview station condos like Glendale park, hillview heights, hillview peak, will still be the most sought for....
    Hillview peak, and the hillview condo(s) have limited upside.

    DTL is just a line, and that novelty of having a transportation line is nothing to shout about.

    Look at Hillview Peak, it is becoming a PIG.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Calling bro Regulator. Do u agree hillview (ur condo near hillview) got no upside?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    789

    Default

    YT, I want to hear from you how low psf you think will hillview peak go in 2 years time? If you cant convince anyone, then don't any how shout like a mad bitch!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Hillview will blossom when downtown line opens.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?


  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I propose you pay a visit to those condos at Southhaven and Spingdale before commenting instead of just looking at caveats and location. Cheaper than some condos in Hillview for good reason. Location is one thing, the development should also be well maintained and finishing of decent quality. And it's quite a long walk to Beauty World and the monkey problem is persistent. Also some of the condos there is 99LH. Also Signature Park side probably can never walk to any MRT.
    location is one big thing, obviously better without erp
    springdale and southaven are 999 years not 99
    maintainence of both condos are very average, showings of its age of a 13+ year old establishment
    monkey problem is not existent in southaven but persistent in springdale (i know the area well)
    walk to beautyworld is about 400m from southaven and 500-600 for springdale
    Signature park has better maintainence, same age but better upkeep, location wise inferior

    back to my previous estimates
    largely right...
    u can check the latest transactions

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leslens View Post
    Well
    Springdale and bukit regency have now hit1100 psf
    Expect price to climb and hit resistance of 1250-1300 end 2013

    Expect hill view to already hit resistance of 1200

    Expect signature park to hit resistance of 1200
    Surrounding apts to hit resistance 1150

    Expect bukit Timah road nexus sterling maple price resistance 1500-1600


    See if I'm right end 2013
    update of the area

    springdale/bukit regency/southaven has not reached target of 1250-1300
    resistance at 1150-1200 psf

    hillview has hit target resistance of 1200 as has signature park

    maplewoods / sterling resistance at 1500
    nexus resistance at close to 1600

    not bad leh my predictions
    80% zhun


    GOING FORWARD

    i anticipate.... a SLIDE
    springdale/bukit regency/southaven TO REMAIN UNCHANGED 1000-1150psf

    Hill review to regress to 1000-1100 psf
    sterling/maple woods to regress to 1300-1400 psf
    nexus to regress 1400-1450psf


    SEE If im right June 2014

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leslens View Post
    update of the area

    springdale/bukit regency/southaven has not reached target of 1250-1300
    resistance at 1150-1200 psf

    hillview has hit target resistance of 1200 as has signature park

    maplewoods / sterling resistance at 1500
    nexus resistance at close to 1600

    not bad leh my predictions
    80% zhun


    GOING FORWARD

    i anticipate.... a SLIDE
    springdale/bukit regency/southaven TO REMAIN UNCHANGED 1000-1150psf

    Hill review to regress to 1000-1100 psf
    sterling/maple woods to regress to 1300-1400 psf
    nexus to regress 1400-1450psf


    SEE If im right June 2014
    I think springdale/bukit regency/southaven will be more susceptible to price pressures. Hillview and Sterling/Maplewoods areas will be able to hold their prices better given the upcoming MRT.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    616

    Red face

    Now that it's Aug 2014. Any updates worth considering. Looks.like upper.bk Tim ah still in the affordable range.

Similar Threads

  1. Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?
    By Daredevil in forum District 14
    Replies: 960
    -: 03-05-20, 18:02
  2. Top condos with en bloc potential
    By reporter2 in forum En Bloc Discussion and News
    Replies: 1
    -: 20-10-17, 19:44
  3. Kwek Leng Beng sees area's great potential
    By reporter2 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 22-07-15, 16:25
  4. Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views
    By Lou in forum District 15
    Replies: 281
    -: 09-04-13, 17:25
  5. Potential of Joo Chiat area
    By DW in forum District 15
    Replies: 44
    -: 14-09-09, 14:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •