Thread: Deceiving acts on strinking floor area...

Default Deceiving acts on strinking floor area...

In recent PC or even EC, various act of making the unit feels afforable:

1) 3 or 4 rooms unit with one room of about 5msq only. Isn't it more like 2+study or 3+study rather than 3/4 room.

2) BIG BIG balcony that prob ended up as yard area for hanging cloths.

3) Aircon ledges of 5-8sqm that prob enough to house aircon units that make your house freeze.

4) squeezing 4room in an area of 110msq where the area are only barely comfortable for a 3 rooms layout. Like wise for 3 rooms in an area of less than 90sqm.

5) Bay windows here and there even in kitchen...but seems to see less of these nowadays.

Very much feel deceived but all developers are doing this...sianz.

what to do...they control the market...so can buy older resale but price crazy compared to new devt

it's now coming to a point where even the floor layout is getting ridiculous and the ID not practical at all. some developers are obviously maximizing profits by pricing sky high, acking more units and cutting corners without any thoughts for residence

wat to do as long as ppl still buying all these "compact" units.

Quote Originally Posted by bsslang

2) BIG BIG balcony that prob ended up as yard area for hanging cloths.

Very much feel deceived but all developers are doing this...sianz.
    sorry i'm still quite blur about this.

did the devp actually pay for the balcony in their bids, or is this extra profit for them (ie: charging us for floor area and not included in their cost prices where the bidding is concerned)?

With every CM, level of affordability falls, hence units get smaller....

get so small that they become MMs, then they introduce new measure to curb MMs....

This is a result of market distortion from all the CMs. Won't be surprised if units get even smaller... towards HK standards

kenobiwan is not simple. job creation by creating the problems and then coming out cm to resolve them which in turn throws up more issues thereby securing bottomless rice bowl.

me already watch out for unit with big balcony,AC ledge ,planter
    these 3 are space 'eater'
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    me already watch out for unit with big balcony,AC ledge ,planter
    these 3 are space 'eater'
    have to go for pre-2000 condos.. the new ones are CMI

Big balcony is about 10% of gross floor area. Coincidentally is about the 10% free GFA for developer to design such area...so feel very fishy people are paying for it into developer's pocket.

Air-con ledges are not part of GFA. So making it big prob helps to squeeze more free GFA for more units for the developement.

I believe the authority can do some level of control over wasteful architectural design. Bay window used to be norm since 2001 but disappearing due to the authority making it inclusive of the GFA in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by bsslang
    Big balcony is about 10% of gross floor area. Coincidentally is about the 10% free GFA for developer to design such area...so feel very fishy people are paying for it into developer's pocket.

Air-con ledges are not part of GFA. So making it big prob helps to squeeze more free GFA for more units for the developement.

I believe the authority can do some level of control over wasteful architectural design. Bay window used to be norm since 2001 but disappearing due to the authority making it inclusive of the GFA in 2008.
    i see.. but becoz it is the mkt norm (unless buy old devp), there is no running away from it.