Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 119

Thread: Can you accept Cohabitation?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,943

    Default Can you accept Cohabitation?

    I notice, the trend is for the couple to stay together first before they agree to get married...

    Can u accept this, especially if your children particularly your daughter?

    I find it very very difficult to accept.....anyway, sex before marriage is already the norm...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    i won't allow my daughter
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Nowadays so many divorce cases, better play safe and as long as the two are happy, it is enough.
    I cohabited for a year before getting engaged.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,990

    Default

    its the pragmatic choice to avoid future problems.

    a holiday or two isnt the same as experiencing daily grind of living in each others faces.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    i won't allow my daughter
    Me too, son can, daughter cannot.
    ROM before marrying traditionally.
    Stay together to test out.
    If really cannot then annul marriage.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    126

    Default

    In a relationship, there is usually one party that loves more, sacrifices more or gives in more... I know it sounds silly. How about staying next door so that they are close yet no need to compromise their lifestyle or habits to please the other party . Haha

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    i won't allow my daughter
    i will allow my son......but too bad no son...but NOT my daughter...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    Nowadays so many divorce cases, better play safe and as long as the two are happy, it is enough.
    I cohabited for a year before getting engaged.
    cheers welcome to the club...before marriage i had 1kg of hair on my head......now left 499grams...whahaha

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,675

    Default

    I'm ok with it, just like getting 30 days free trial with money back guarantee. Better than end up getting a lemon for life.

    Living together is totally different from courtship.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    cheers welcome to the club...before marriage i had 1kg of hair on my head......now left 499grams...whahaha
    hahaha, yours is hair fall problem due to aging!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I notice, the trend is for the couple to stay together first before they agree to get married...

    Can u accept this, especially if your children particularly your daughter?

    I find it very very difficult to accept.....anyway, sex before marriage is already the norm...
    you said it yourself. sex b4 marriage already quite norm. cohabit possibly increase the frequency, that's all.

    2 perspective. GOOD - it allows free trial, return product is unsatisfied. BAD - if already married, will try to tolerate or change. if not married, just return product. so it encourages singlehood indirectly.

    but with divorce being so prevalent, i think the "BAD" part negligible lah. anyhow nowadays not happy also suka suka divorce

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    If that lead to marriage still not tt bad , there are many cohabitation trend now become long term and address each partners ..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    If that lead to marriage still not tt bad , there are many cohabitation trend now become long term and address each partners ..
    if intention not to have kids, marriage and partners actually not much diff. without the legal tie, there is less pressure to stay together, which might lead to a more relax relship.

    no right or wrong, personal opinion. dun ask me abt my kids, by then 20-30 years from now, many things would have changed already.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,063

    Default

    Lol.......
    All allow son but not daughter.
    So finally no one to cohabitate with.
    Only perhaps the msm.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Lol
    All allow son but not daughter.
    So finally no one to cohabitate with.
    Only perhaps the msm.
    that's why gay on the rise. all the sons allowed to cohabitate

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    More cohabitate..... Rental huat ah

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southbank
    Posts
    9,485

    Default

    I am going to divorce my wife and then cohabitate with her to get another rental income. Huat Ah...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    hahaha, yours is hair fall problem due to aging!
    aging after marriage...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    I am going to divorce my wife and then cohabitate with her to get another rental income. Huat Ah...
    WE ARE SINGAPORE SINGAPORE.....SINGAPOREAN....

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    WE ARE SINGAPORE SINGAPORE.....SINGAPOREAN....
    haha, 100% SINGAPOREAN!

    Do you need me to recommend some anti hair fall shampoo?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    haha, 100% SINGAPOREAN!

    Do you need me to recommend some anti hair fall shampoo?
    ha ha...no need la...BOTAK is the BEST....

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    ha ha...no need la...BOTAK is the BEST....
    Hahahha, maybe too chilly.

    Actually this cohabitation issue is very small, nowadays people follow their hearts and besides I do know friends who are not married but staying together for a long time.

    It's funny that daughters cannot be allowed to cohabitat but sons can, what is there more to lose?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    411

    Default

    in SG not so common, cos muz rent apt
    if study overseas, very common

    in fact even in our generation when we studied uni in Aussie, like 15-20yrs ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I notice, the trend is for the couple to stay together first before they agree to get married...

    Can u accept this, especially if your children particularly your daughter?

    I find it very very difficult to accept.....anyway, sex before marriage is already the norm...
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    Hahahha, maybe too chilly.

    Actually this cohabitation issue is very small, nowadays people follow their hearts and besides I do know friends who are not married but staying together for a long time.

    It's funny that daughters cannot be allowed to cohabitat but sons can, what is there more to lose?
    sis 9 months...sis 9 months...

    for a man its 9 minutes or maybe some NOT so STRONG type 9 secs of pleasure

    but for a woman its 9 months 9 months

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,990

    Default

    wat happened to sg men... my last session was more like 90mins....

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    sis 9 months...sis 9 months...

    for a man its 9 minutes or maybe some NOT so STRONG type 9 secs of pleasure

    but for a woman its 9 months 9 months

    HAHAHA! I'm speechless.


    Carbuncle, 90 minutes is more like massage lah.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    It's funny that daughters cannot be allowed to cohabitat but sons can, what is there more to lose?
    Its may be politically incorrect to say so, but the truth is society values chastity in a woman more than in a man.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,990

    Default

    making love is not just about the act itself. foreplay and intimacy is equally if not more impt. all adds up to 90mins lol.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Its may be politically incorrect to say so, but the truth is society values chastity in a woman more than in a man.
    Cohabitation will not affect a woman's chastity unless it's like friends with benefits situation.
    I feel many couples are stressed to be married because of responsibilities.

    Carbuncle, 90 mins is one and a half hours!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    making love is not just about the act itself. foreplay and intimacy is equally if not more impt. all adds up to 90mins lol.
    brrrr.... shivers, goose pimples and hair standing.... brrr

Similar Threads

  1. Wharton to accept crypto as tuition payment for blockchain class
    By New Reporter in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 0
    -: 29-10-21, 12:31
  2. Prime HDB flats: Accept the lottery effect
    By reporter2 in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 21-09-21, 12:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •