Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 122

Thread: Why people buy FEO projects

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,099

    Question Why people buy FEO projects

    Wonder the reasons why people buy their projects despite the higher prices? I am asking bcos I am considering one at Seahill for stay but struggle to find the reasons on why I should pay 20-25% more than next door Vision. From price perspective, it's simply too exp. I don't believe price doesn't matter if its for own stay. After all, who wants to stay in a negative equity Home?

    feo purchasers, pls share ok?
    Last edited by newbie11; 19-11-12 at 21:41.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    Wonder the reasons why people buy their projects despite the higher prices? I am asking bcos I am considering one for stay but struggle to find the reasons. From price perspective, it's simply too exp. I don't believe price doesn't matter if its for own stay. After all, who wants to stay in a negative equity Home?

    feo purchasers, pls share ok?
    blue chip vs penny stock

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    this going to be an interesting thread.. ..stay tuned for the arrival of the gurus...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    I believe FEO will protect the pricing for the existing buyers. Hence FEO is favorable.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    exactly what i said..the gurus have arrived..

    mr chesnut out for dinner waiting his..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    gurus all in Oz...hee hee ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    exactly what i said..the gurus have arrived..

    mr chesnut out for dinner waiting his..
    He went on a holiday. He said he was at the airport earlier this morning.
    So he may not reply so soon.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Cos their agents wear thick make-up and psycho you like crazy

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    one thing is the brand.

    FEO is pretty established brand here already..
    somemore, it is under new leadership..


    but i don't like the pricing also la..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    787

    Default

    newbie11,

    pls clear your mailbox. cannot reply your pm this morning.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    He went on a holiday. He said he was at the airport earlier this morning.
    So he may not reply so soon.
    ya that guru living the good life...driving a lexus convertible..travelling the world...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Because someone got to pay for all the mooncakes and BBQs

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    336

    Default

    good question. i went to check out hillsta too. overpriced.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Lol.. Tell me which project is not considered as overpriced

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    221

    Default

    I heard FEO quality is bad. Have they improved the quality as they have the price?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Apart from the obvious like brand name, buyer's confidence and quality, FEO does have a strong team that handles not only unsold property, but also vacant offices.

    That said, I will not buy into a new FEO development. The higher prices don't make sense to me and I am not swayed by their active advertising.

    You could also partially attribute the rising property prices in certain areas to FEO's pricing.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    I heard FEO quality is bad. Have they improved the quality as they have the price?
    but there are still many die hard FEO fans around

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by price
    blue chip vs penny stock
    if he uses Vision as a comparison, that isn't a penny stock, in fact it's blue chip vs a blue-er chip.

    at 20% difference, i think you're better off with Vision. i didn't visit that showroom but I heard they're giving away pretty goof finishing, is that correct. they were pricing that at a premium at launch and i thought it was crazy. maybe i was the crazy one not to nick a unit there.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    if he uses Vision as a comparison, that isn't a penny stock, in fact it's blue chip vs a blue-er chip.

    at 20% difference, i think you're better off with Vision. i didn't visit that showroom but I heard they're giving away pretty goof finishing, is that correct. they were pricing that at a premium at launch and i thought it was crazy. maybe i was the crazy one not to nick a unit there.
    it was just a quote

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by price
    it was just a quote
    right, anyway, whichever the developer, just don't be the carrot head.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    518

    Default

    actually the main reason is they have strong partnership....
    FEO + FCL + Sekisui are powerhouse which adds to the credibility...
    3 times the experience, and these parties cooperate to advance their mutual interests.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    I heard FEO quality is bad. Have they improved the quality as they have the price?
    I disagree! Having lived in an older FEO condo for a few years, I cannot fault the build quality. The place may be old, but the marble finishes, solid wood carpentry etc is still holding strong! Can keep going for many decades more I should think. What more a brand new FEO development!

    Premium of 20% IMHO due to:

    Superior locations (usually);
    Seperior materials and finishes;
    A bomb on marketing and having their own sales team;
    Protection of existing buyers;
    Superior after sales (upon ToP, you can ask them to do anything, and they would usually oblige. Eg. changing marble tile on floor because you think the color cannot match the next piece exactly - in other words hacking up and redoing th entire floor!)

    Disclaimer: I am not vested.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    787

    Default

    just researching... did not know their portfolio is that large.

    http://www.fareast.com.sg/images/feo...edium-2012.pdf

    so many can get that loyalty discount...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    Dont know who ask this kinda of question ?

    If you cannot see why there are thousands of people willing to fork out more for FEO projects, then you should visit more showflats la!

    Why does people willing to pay more for SCGlobal projects ?

    Why Martin 38 sell for $2,600+ psf when Martin Place Resi goes for slightly more than $2,000 ?

    See more then u will know lor!

    Office Boy can contribute a bit bit here.

    1) FEO sells you more space, the loft, SOHO, whatever unit. You get more space, better feel. Having stayed in 3.3m ceiling apt and the normal 2.9m, I can feel the difference.

    2) Price protection. Do you know FEO still hold some Bayshore (is it Park or something units?) ? The saying is FEO will NEVER drop price, at most they HOLD. Or give u some more furniture vouchers to make u happy. Developer's responsibility to buyers give people a lot of comfort. Though this theory may not be true if market really crashes. But we all know FEO holds some pieces of land for eons and eons.

    Thats all I can and willing to say.

    Office Boy not affliated or related to FEO.

    DKSG

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    just researching... did not know their portfolio is that large.

    http://www.fareast.com.sg/images/feo...edium-2012.pdf

    so many can get that loyalty discount...
    If people buy a million dollar property because of some stupid 1% more discount, I think our property market has some deep problems. Haha!

    DKSG

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    just researching... did not know their portfolio is that large.

    http://www.fareast.com.sg/images/feo...edium-2012.pdf

    so many can get that loyalty discount...
    If people buy a million dollar property because of some stupid 1% more discount, I think our property market has some deep problems. Haha!

    DKSG

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    If people buy a million dollar property because of some stupid 1% more discount, I think our property market has some deep problems. Haha!

    DKSG

    I am sure people buy for other valid reasons. The additional loyalty discount is useful if you already intend to invest with them.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    i never like FEO. only buy those ard where FRO will plan to build. FEO always 20-30% more

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    Wonder the reasons why people buy their projects despite the higher prices? I am asking bcos I am considering one at Seahill for stay but struggle to find the reasons on why I should pay 20-25% more than next door Vision. From price perspective, it's simply too exp. I don't believe price doesn't matter if its for own stay. After all, who wants to stay in a negative equity Home?

    feo purchasers, pls share ok?
    There are many reasons but one of the less well-known one is that FEO does not have to get a Qualifying Certificate from the Controller of Housing when it buys land for development (unlike foreign companies or publicly listed ones like Capland, CDL etc).

    Since FEO is not subject to guidelines such as having to sell all units within two years from TOP, it can technically take as long as it wants to slowly sell its products. Just price higher and take its time to release the units. Its forward pricing horizon is definitely longer.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    If people buy a million dollar property because of some stupid 1% more discount, I think our property market has some deep problems. Haha!

    DKSG
    Bro, can I ask u a question? This is not a loaded question but a real frank opinion from u... D u think far east show room is nice?

    Among all the showrooms u visited, can u ranked whose show room comes in the top 3?

    No 1.
    No2.
    No3.

    I ask u because I think u visit a lot of showrooms and get really give a ground answer. Wild feo be in the top 3?

Similar Threads

  1. 21 Things Rich People Say That Poor People Can't Stand
    By reporter2 in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 0
    -: 08-11-21, 11:02
  2. Replies: 0
    -: 26-10-21, 18:56
  3. Rich people love to pay more while poor people already bought resale HDB.
    By Arcachon in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 03-10-21, 05:47
  4. Replies: 44
    -: 08-02-13, 08:41
  5. Why people buy boutique developer projects
    By carbuncle in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 33
    -: 23-11-12, 13:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •