Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Will LH99 condo be enbloc before lease expires?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    103

    Default Will LH99 condo be enbloc before lease expires?

    I am wondering what are these the only two possible outcomes of a LH99 condo in the future:
    1) Enbloc and topup lease back to 99 years.
    2) Lease ends and zero value to the property

    Many have yet to reach 50% of their lease and few are being enbloc unlike FH condo.

    It can be assumed no one will live to see that day but it is possible one will wants to stay in the condo till he dies. It helps to plan ahead for the next generation and mentally/finanically prepared.

    HDB does not seems to have this problem and government will take care of the upgrade or enbloc and relocation. But PC owner how?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    LH enbloc? Topping up of lease?

    Its already happening, and not more infrequently than FH properties.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    LH condo possible enbloc too, just that as time goes by the bargaining power drops too unlike fh.

    Landed LH already got cases depreciate to zero, so dont play play.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    LH condo possible enbloc too, just that as time goes by the bargaining power drops too unlike fh.

    Landed LH already got cases depreciate to zero, so dont play play.
    thats SCARING...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    I thought the lease top up failed for one of those leasehold projects ?
    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    LH enbloc? Topping up of lease?

    Its already happening, and not more infrequently than FH properties.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I thought the lease top up failed for one of those leasehold projects ?
    Owners of The Acradia (TOP in 1983) failed in their attempt to top up their land lease last year. URA's standing was that unless there is maximization of land use, lease top up is not likely to approve.

    As at current status, it looks like the only way to top up lease is to sell the land collective provided of course the development has not used up its full plot ratio.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southbank
    Posts
    9,485

    Default

    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=15711&page=7

    Land sale going for 60 years lease.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    http://www.propwise.sg/the-10-cheape...-in-singapore/

    The cheapest is a landed....9yrs lease left. Scary...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southbank
    Posts
    9,485

    Default

    1. And the cheapest property currently being marketed on Propertyguru is, unexpectedly, a landed property. How much would you pay for a 3+1 double-storied terrace house at Geylang Lorong 3 with 1,100 sqft of built-in area and sitting on 725 sqft of land? At an asking price of $188,000 you are paying just $171psf (built-in) and $259psf (land). You are located just minutes away from Kallang MRT and town, and have amenities and a community center nearby. Sounds too good to be true? Well, this property does have a fatal flaw – it has only 9+ years of lease left. So if you buy it, you’ll be house hunting again before the decade’s up…


    188000/9/12=1740.74

    Rent out my 5 room and stay landed for 9 years, still got cash from rental.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Condition v v v rundown. Many foreign workers use it as dorm.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southbank
    Posts
    9,485

    Default

    Ok, then buy and rent it to the worker.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    I would like to ask a related question:

    What happens if you have HDB and private property(ies), and your HDB is enbloc-ed / SERS?

    Are you able to purchase a new HDB due to this? Are you subject to other rules of financing etc...?

    Quote Originally Posted by bsslang
    I am wondering what are these the only two possible outcomes of a LH99 condo in the future:
    1) Enbloc and topup lease back to 99 years.
    2) Lease ends and zero value to the property

    Many have yet to reach 50% of their lease and few are being enbloc unlike FH condo.

    It can be assumed no one will live to see that day but it is possible one will wants to stay in the condo till he dies. It helps to plan ahead for the next generation and mentally/finanically prepared.

    HDB does not seems to have this problem and government will take care of the upgrade or enbloc and relocation. But PC owner how?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    181

    Default

    so far there have not been any sizable properties that have ended their lease. for this geylang unit, its only a single unit and affecting one owner. Thus it will be easy to evict him. When the time comes for a condo block of 200 units, i wonder what will happen? especially for those who are old and no money to move. SInce the units are zero value unlike HDB SERS, where you still can get money back if you kenna forced to move. so potentially there will be 200 homeless families?

    And imaging this being repeated across the island. hmm...
    I wonder which is the oldest private apartment in Singapore on LH? those in the 1970s? Pearl bank?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    I would like to ask a related question:

    What happens if you have HDB and private property(ies), and your HDB is enbloc-ed / SERS?

    Are you able to purchase a new HDB due to this? Are you subject to other rules of financing etc...?
    if not mistaken, u will not be entitled to get a new HDB if u own pte ppty. i.e. for the rochor centre "enbloc", applicants have to declare whether they own pte ppty.. if got pte ppty then u can take the $$ and fly kite...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    LH enbloc? Topping up of lease?

    Its already happening, and not more infrequently than FH properties.
    Be careful of this En bloc thingy huh especially 99 LH properties . Not every LH properties can be easily en bloc. Singapore land is now with more built-up than ever with GLS every pocket here and there, You buy heavily run down LH properties hoping for enbloc is like playing Russian Roulette. IMHO.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Way_I_See_It
    Be careful of this En bloc thingy huh especially 99 LH properties . Not every LH properties can be easily en bloc. Singapore land is now with more built-up than ever with GLS every pocket here and there, You buy heavily run down LH properties hoping for enbloc is like playing Russian Roulette. IMHO.
    The government cannot go on releasing so much land through GLS indefinitely. They are doing it now as it is the fastest way to increase supply so that property prices are kept in check.

    When the GLS slows down and developers need to replenish their land bank, what do you think will happen?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    The government cannot go on releasing so much land through GLS indefinitely. They are doing it now as it is the fastest way to increase supply so that property prices are kept in check.

    When the GLS slows down and developers need to replenish their land bank, what do you think will happen?
    Inc plot ratio.

Similar Threads

  1. Condo that tried but NEVER got enbloc...
    By radha08 in forum En Bloc Discussion and News
    Replies: 20
    -: 06-06-18, 11:41
  2. Replies: 64
    -: 07-07-17, 00:23
  3. Lease expires
    By irisng in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 19
    -: 29-09-14, 12:42
  4. LH99 condo..
    By roly8 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 47
    -: 09-11-12, 00:50
  5. When lease expires
    By Beebot in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 11
    -: 23-04-12, 13:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •