Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If market turns down, which property with 1.6M budget?

Question If market turns down, which property with 1.6M budget?

Not saying it will... But if market softens and properties go on 20% discount, which PC would you go for with 1.6M and why?
    Ideas from all gurus and experts welcome

buy landed terrace what else...

Haha. I am guilty of such questions too.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

if market goes down ... or durian tree goes down... or whatever...

don't rush in and pick that 20% discount durian...
    bcoz you might kena hit by a second falling durian from the tree...

Dun think it will go down by more than 10% at worst, juz looking at recent land price n sales trend. More pp r switching out of cash.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Dun think it will go down by more than 10% at worst, juz looking at recent land price n sales trend. More pp r switching out of cash.
    bro... after you bought your ht... you veri bull arh ??...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    bro... after you bought your ht... you veri bull arh ??...
    No, I'm still worried about over-supply in rental market for PCs. Recent policies on foreign workers don't look very good for PCs in the short term. Just providing some neutral view on this.

eh.. abit off-topic leh.. its not about whether it will go down or by how much.. or what to do if it goes down... or durians for the matter

Maybe I should rephrase to what specific property everyone eyeballing IF got discount with a budget of 1.6M la..

As long as people post topics asking questions like these here, I know for certain the market is not going down anytime in the near future.

It'll only be time to buy when questions like "about to make a 20% loss, should I sell?" start appearing.

When that happens, no need to worry what to buy. You can pick and choose. Provided you're one of the lucky few who didn't get slaughtered

So IMHO, you don't need to plan so far ahead

Consumer behaviour is quite 'complex' when comes to investment decision. Many people will fear the market will go down even further and not buying. Those who are not fearful have no more resources to buy after chasing the market this high. The government understands this hence come the cooling measures but the people continue to chase the forbidden fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by gwlip
    Maybe I should rephrase to what specific property everyone eyeballing IF got discount with a budget of 1.6M la..

maybe you should rephrase to what property to buy now so as not to mtb

there may be correction, but maybe from now up 10% and down 5%?
    more important is investment objective and holding power.

Wah bro, u use this as barometer.... Steady.... During Lehman bro time, the entire landscape in this forum different hor.... Everyone so down

Must look at old post again to see how people behave during that time... Also can go back pre Lehman time... Who talk BIG BiG, say will buy and didnt buy... For stats purposes....

Interesting concept....

Quote Originally Posted by blackreplica
    As long as people post topics asking questions like these here, I know for certain the market is not going down anytime in the near future.

It'll only be time to buy when questions like "about to make a 20% loss, should I sell?" start appearing.

When that happens, no need to worry what to buy. You can pick and choose. Provided you're one of the lucky few who didn't get slaughtered

So IMHO, you don't need to plan so far ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Consumer behaviour is quite 'complex' when comes to investment decision. Many people will fear the market will go down even further and not buying. Those who are not fearful have no more resources to buy after chasing the market this high. The government understands this hence come the cooling measures but the people continue to chase the forbidden fruit.
    Bro, I like to talk about minority. U like to talk about majority.... Just nice...

I actually don't understand your statement 'Those who are not fearful have no more resources to buy after chasing the market this high'

How can they still be 'not fearful' when market crash when they have 'no more resources'???

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    maybe you should rephrase to what property to buy now so as not to mtb

there may be correction, but maybe from now up 10% and down 5%?
    more important is investment objective and holding power.
    Bro, u know what he should do. He should go propertyguru, list down all the 2 mil project and tell us which one.... State if it goes down 1.6 mil, which will we buy. But hor, 1 year later, if prices, I say if(it may go down hor). Prices go up say 10%, become 2.2. Drop 20 % = 1.76 mil.

So how to give him idea which condo will drop to 1.6 mil? His question damn difficult leh.... More difficult then "chemistry questions"... Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, u know what he should do. He should go propertyguru, list down all the 2 mil project and tell us which one.... State if it goes down 1.6 mil, which will we buy. But hor, 1 year later, if prices, I say if(it may go down hor). Prices go up say 10%, become 2.2. Drop 20 % = 1.76 mil.

So how to give him idea which condo will drop to 1.6 mil? His question damn difficult leh.... More difficult then "chemistry questions"... Hahahaha

aiya... his question is more of a last minute sentiment survey before he finally takes the plunge la !

aiya... his question is more of a last minute sentiment survey before he finally takes the plunge la !
    So wats the finding

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    buy landed terrace what else...
    Buy a few more and wait

So wats the finding

we wait ...

we wait ...
    Ok.ok... I hope wont wait until become

An agent once told me....Waiting for property price to drop is like waiting for global warming to cause end of the world... We know there is global warming and ice bergs are melting, but does it mean we stop living right now?

So we know property prices will definitely drop but nobody knows when...so just buy and live your life now.

Hehe just sharing.

Bro, I agree with you only for homestay... If u don't buy, u need to rent??? Lagi worst. If u can bunk in with parents or in-laws,,another choice lah....

But if u buy for investment, it is damn tricky... Don't anyhow buy.... One wrong move, u can be a slave to the house for the rest of your life.

Don't play, play...

Quote Originally Posted by propertyhans
    An agent once told me....Waiting for property price to drop is like waiting for global warming to cause end of the world... We know there is global warming and ice bergs are melting, but does it mean we stop living right now?

So we know property prices will definitely drop but nobody knows when...so just buy and live your life now.

Hehe just sharing.

Bro, I agree with you only for homestay... If u don't buy, u need to rent??? Lagi worst. If u can bunk in with parents or in-laws,,another choice lah....

But if u buy for investment, it is damn tricky... Don't anyhow buy.... One wrong move, u can be a slave to the house for the rest of your life.

Don't play, play...
    altho generally true, but buy for homestay too high, means the ammo for next ppty is diminished. so buying at right time still very impt.

however, nobody knows when is the right time. if you read 2010 threads, everybody talking about peak peak peak. siao siao siao, this kind of psf still buy. madness. today we read the thread again - wah, so cheap. why i never buy? and now, until 2012, still peaking. when is the real peak?

we only know it will come down eventually. but when? after rising another 50%? for it to come down, KBW need to remove CM6, CM5, CM4, CM3, CM2 and CM1, and after that mkt still need to continue dropping. that is when you see the real correction.

i am not saying it will not happen. it may. but when?

"the best investment is to do nothing.."

Dr(unlicensed) Roly
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

look out for 2 bedder first...take first one say bgt $800k. wait and see if market go down somemore... get another 2 bedder then. maybe can even grap a 3 bedder if the market gets really bad

I would go for luxus hills. If I can get it at $1.6m that is. Haha.

If you have to buy one for investment now. Make sure you can live in it under the worst case scenario and that is to move into it yourself. There are people who habe a 4 or 5 room flat and buy a mickey mouse for investment. Hmm. When worst csse hits. Things will get tricky.

If property should go down by 20%, it is likely that many will have no balls to buy, thinking that it might go down even more.

I think in the case of Singapore, it is not likely to happen in the near future. Otherwise the gah-men will look silly, releasing so much GLS land and BTOs. They surely will not want to shoot themselves in the foot if they think prices are going down.....might be an election loser in the next GE.

A fall in 20% should bring about a removal of some of the cooling measures. I look forward to that.

agree....+1.

things are working well now and it just need sometimes for things to sort it out itself. over doing it will be very risky of running into another shit hole...

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    If property should go down by 20%, it is likely that many will have no balls to buy, thinking that it might go down even more.

I think in the case of Singapore, it is not likely to happen in the near future. Otherwise the gah-men will look silly, releasing so much GLS land and BTOs. They surely will not want to shoot themselves in the foot if they think prices are going down.....might be an election loser in the next GE.

Think everybody knows the danger of overdoing, & if shit hits some people may get ousted. Ops!

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    agree....+1.

things are working well now and it just need sometimes for things to sort it out itself. over doing it will be very risky of running into another shit hole...