Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36

Thread: If market turns down, which property with 1.6M budget?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    235

    Question If market turns down, which property with 1.6M budget?

    Not saying it will... But if market softens and properties go on 20% discount, which PC would you go for with 1.6M and why?
    Ideas from all gurus and experts welcome

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    buy landed terrace what else...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    616

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Haha. I am guilty of such questions too.

  5. #5
    ikan bilis's Avatar
    ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    if market goes down ... or durian tree goes down... or whatever...

    don't rush in and pick that 20% discount durian...
    bcoz you might kena hit by a second falling durian from the tree...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Dun think it will go down by more than 10% at worst, juz looking at recent land price n sales trend. More pp r switching out of cash.

  7. #7
    ikan bilis's Avatar
    ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Dun think it will go down by more than 10% at worst, juz looking at recent land price n sales trend. More pp r switching out of cash.
    bro... after you bought your ht... you veri bull arh ??...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    bro... after you bought your ht... you veri bull arh ??...
    No, I'm still worried about over-supply in rental market for PCs. Recent policies on foreign workers don't look very good for PCs in the short term. Just providing some neutral view on this.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    235

    Default

    eh.. abit off-topic leh.. its not about whether it will go down or by how much.. or what to do if it goes down... or durians for the matter

    Maybe I should rephrase to what specific property everyone eyeballing IF got discount with a budget of 1.6M la..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    As long as people post topics asking questions like these here, I know for certain the market is not going down anytime in the near future.

    It'll only be time to buy when questions like "about to make a 20% loss, should I sell?" start appearing.

    When that happens, no need to worry what to buy. You can pick and choose. Provided you're one of the lucky few who didn't get slaughtered

    So IMHO, you don't need to plan so far ahead

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Consumer behaviour is quite 'complex' when comes to investment decision. Many people will fear the market will go down even further and not buying. Those who are not fearful have no more resources to buy after chasing the market this high. The government understands this hence come the cooling measures but the people continue to chase the forbidden fruit.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwlip
    Maybe I should rephrase to what specific property everyone eyeballing IF got discount with a budget of 1.6M la..

    maybe you should rephrase to what property to buy now so as not to mtb

    there may be correction, but maybe from now up 10% and down 5%?
    more important is investment objective and holding power.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Wah bro, u use this as barometer.... Steady.... During Lehman bro time, the entire landscape in this forum different hor.... Everyone so down

    Must look at old post again to see how people behave during that time... Also can go back pre Lehman time... Who talk BIG BiG, say will buy and didnt buy... For stats purposes....

    Interesting concept....



    Quote Originally Posted by blackreplica
    As long as people post topics asking questions like these here, I know for certain the market is not going down anytime in the near future.

    It'll only be time to buy when questions like "about to make a 20% loss, should I sell?" start appearing.

    When that happens, no need to worry what to buy. You can pick and choose. Provided you're one of the lucky few who didn't get slaughtered

    So IMHO, you don't need to plan so far ahead

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Consumer behaviour is quite 'complex' when comes to investment decision. Many people will fear the market will go down even further and not buying. Those who are not fearful have no more resources to buy after chasing the market this high. The government understands this hence come the cooling measures but the people continue to chase the forbidden fruit.
    Bro, I like to talk about minority. U like to talk about majority.... Just nice...

    I actually don't understand your statement 'Those who are not fearful have no more resources to buy after chasing the market this high'

    How can they still be 'not fearful' when market crash when they have 'no more resources'???

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    maybe you should rephrase to what property to buy now so as not to mtb

    there may be correction, but maybe from now up 10% and down 5%?
    more important is investment objective and holding power.
    Bro, u know what he should do. He should go propertyguru, list down all the 2 mil project and tell us which one.... State if it goes down 1.6 mil, which will we buy. But hor, 1 year later, if prices, I say if(it may go down hor). Prices go up say 10%, become 2.2. Drop 20 % = 1.76 mil.

    So how to give him idea which condo will drop to 1.6 mil? His question damn difficult leh.... More difficult then "chemistry questions"... Hahahaha

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, u know what he should do. He should go propertyguru, list down all the 2 mil project and tell us which one.... State if it goes down 1.6 mil, which will we buy. But hor, 1 year later, if prices, I say if(it may go down hor). Prices go up say 10%, become 2.2. Drop 20 % = 1.76 mil.

    So how to give him idea which condo will drop to 1.6 mil? His question damn difficult leh.... More difficult then "chemistry questions"... Hahahaha


    aiya... his question is more of a last minute sentiment survey before he finally takes the plunge la !

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    aiya... his question is more of a last minute sentiment survey before he finally takes the plunge la !
    So wats the finding

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    buy landed terrace what else...
    Buy a few more and wait

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    So wats the finding

    we wait ...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    we wait ...
    Ok.ok... I hope wont wait until become

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    An agent once told me....Waiting for property price to drop is like waiting for global warming to cause end of the world... We know there is global warming and ice bergs are melting, but does it mean we stop living right now?

    So we know property prices will definitely drop but nobody knows when...so just buy and live your life now.

    Hehe just sharing.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Bro, I agree with you only for homestay... If u don't buy, u need to rent??? Lagi worst. If u can bunk in with parents or in-laws,,another choice lah....

    But if u buy for investment, it is damn tricky... Don't anyhow buy.... One wrong move, u can be a slave to the house for the rest of your life.

    Don't play, play...

    Quote Originally Posted by propertyhans
    An agent once told me....Waiting for property price to drop is like waiting for global warming to cause end of the world... We know there is global warming and ice bergs are melting, but does it mean we stop living right now?

    So we know property prices will definitely drop but nobody knows when...so just buy and live your life now.

    Hehe just sharing.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, I agree with you only for homestay... If u don't buy, u need to rent??? Lagi worst. If u can bunk in with parents or in-laws,,another choice lah....

    But if u buy for investment, it is damn tricky... Don't anyhow buy.... One wrong move, u can be a slave to the house for the rest of your life.

    Don't play, play...
    altho generally true, but buy for homestay too high, means the ammo for next ppty is diminished. so buying at right time still very impt.

    however, nobody knows when is the right time. if you read 2010 threads, everybody talking about peak peak peak. siao siao siao, this kind of psf still buy. madness. today we read the thread again - wah, so cheap. why i never buy? and now, until 2012, still peaking. when is the real peak?

    we only know it will come down eventually. but when? after rising another 50%? for it to come down, KBW need to remove CM6, CM5, CM4, CM3, CM2 and CM1, and after that mkt still need to continue dropping. that is when you see the real correction.

    i am not saying it will not happen. it may. but when?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    "the best investment is to do nothing.."




    Dr(unlicensed) Roly
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    look out for 2 bedder first...take first one say bgt $800k. wait and see if market go down somemore... get another 2 bedder then. maybe can even grap a 3 bedder if the market gets really bad

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    I would go for luxus hills. If I can get it at $1.6m that is. Haha.

    If you have to buy one for investment now. Make sure you can live in it under the worst case scenario and that is to move into it yourself. There are people who habe a 4 or 5 room flat and buy a mickey mouse for investment. Hmm. When worst csse hits. Things will get tricky.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,065

    Default

    If property should go down by 20%, it is likely that many will have no balls to buy, thinking that it might go down even more.

    I think in the case of Singapore, it is not likely to happen in the near future. Otherwise the gah-men will look silly, releasing so much GLS land and BTOs. They surely will not want to shoot themselves in the foot if they think prices are going down.....might be an election loser in the next GE.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,482

    Default

    A fall in 20% should bring about a removal of some of the cooling measures. I look forward to that.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    agree....+1.

    things are working well now and it just need sometimes for things to sort it out itself. over doing it will be very risky of running into another shit hole...

    Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    If property should go down by 20%, it is likely that many will have no balls to buy, thinking that it might go down even more.

    I think in the case of Singapore, it is not likely to happen in the near future. Otherwise the gah-men will look silly, releasing so much GLS land and BTOs. They surely will not want to shoot themselves in the foot if they think prices are going down.....might be an election loser in the next GE.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Think everybody knows the danger of overdoing, & if shit hits some people may get ousted. Ops!


    Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    agree....+1.

    things are working well now and it just need sometimes for things to sort it out itself. over doing it will be very risky of running into another shit hole...

Similar Threads

  1. Budget 2016 : Finance Minister on Cooling Measures and Property Market
    By watchlist88 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 5
    -: 25-03-16, 16:39
  2. Redas urges govt to intervene if property market turns volatile
    By reporter2 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 1
    -: 02-12-14, 00:14
  3. which property agencies turns you off?
    By Piglet in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 5
    -: 18-06-12, 14:30
  4. Budget wishes and the property market
    By mr funny in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 07-03-11, 19:43
  5. BBR turns to property development
    By mr funny in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 20-10-06, 19:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •