Thread: Slow growth is here to stay but ...

Default Slow growth is here to stay but ...

Singapore cut its forecast for 2012 gross domestic product (GDP) growth to "around 1.5 per cent"

MTI expects 1-3% growth in 2013

If property price can go up 5% annually, already outperform

But ... we must believe that golden era of Singapore is coming soon
    Ride at your own risk !!!

very good,
    with slow growth, high inflation, = stagflation....u think our govt can take it...NO....

so interest rate is to stay low....

with the high price, how u expect me to buy...

after put downpayment, make can eat bread everyday
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Default What do u expect?

bread also now more ex
    Ride at your own risk !!!

A lot of costs that should have risen from 2005-2010 should have increased but was kept in check by large number of cheaper foreign labours. With the change in foreign workers policy in 2011-2012, higher COE and higher rental for workers, I think we will experience the full impact of inflation from next year onwards. This will hit the construction and other service sectors quite badly. Probably inflation on the ground is closer to 5-10% per annum. Life will get more stressful. I don't think I can afford to retire comfortably in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    A lot of costs that should have risen from 2005-2010 should have increased but was kept in check by large number of cheaper foreign labours. With the change in foreign workers policy in 2011-2012, higher COE and higher rental for workers, I think we will experience the full impact of inflation from next year onwards. This will hit the construction and other service sectors quite badly. Probably inflation on the ground is closer to 5-10% per annum. Life will get more stressful. I don't think I can afford to retire comfortably in Singapore.
    Bro, that's why property is a hedge.
    When inflation, rental up. So your income also up to match cost of living.
    When deflation rental down. So your income also down but cost of living also down.

i also want to hedge
    but too late liao..
    price is out of my reach
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, that's why property is a hedge.
    When inflation, rental up. So your income also up to match cost of living.
    When deflation rental down. So your income also down but cost of living also down.

Property is quite safe, but jobs r not next year. At current price, yield may b too low to sustain for long periods of unemployment for a typical investor, particularly those in pte sector. It can only be used to beat inflation for those w lots of cash upfront n good holding power.

Property is quite safe, but jobs r not next year. At current price, yield may b too low to sustain for long periods of unemployment for a typical investor, particularly those in pte sector. It can only be used to beat inflation for those w good holding power.
    Bro, sadly but truly, I 1,000,000 times agree with u.

That's why I advocate earning a lot of money.... But easier said than done.... But still must try... Because if u don't try, the odds of u even getting there is slim...

But when times are down, keep your chin up... Things will only get better.

So, bottom line in any investment. Buy what u can afford.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, sadly but truly, I 1,000,000 times agree with u.

That's why I advocate earning a lot of money.... But easier said than done.... But still must try... Because if u don't try, the odds of u even getting there is slim...

But when times are down, keep your chin up... Things will only get better.

So, bottom line in any investment. Buy what u can afford.

Cheers...
    Yes, I think other than scamming people, there r not many investment options in Singapore now. Most pp will b frozen deers waiting to b run over by inflation. The west r really brilliant at sucking money from rest of e world to finance their own economy by printing money. I have to add tt if there r v good investment options now in Singapore, they cld b too good to b true.

Property is quite safe, but jobs r not next year. At current price, yield may b too low to sustain for long periods of unemployment for a typical investor, particularly those in pte sector. It can only be used to beat inflation for those w lots of cash upfront n good holding power.
    good post!!!
    5 stars/5 stars!!

unless you are in the 'iron rice bowl' sector la..then don't need worry

Yes, I think other than scamming people, there r not many investment options in Singapore now. Most pp will b frozen deers waiting to b run over by inflation. The west r really brilliant at sucking money from rest of e world to finance their own economy by printing money. I have to add tt if there r v good investment options now in Singapore, they cld b too good to b true.
    well said, bro!

property price performance should be measured against inflation rather than gdp growth rate.

Singapore stocks are good place to place ur money in. Those not rich enuff are left with either investing in stocks or climbing the corporate ladder.

However stocks not for everyone, only a handful make good ROI. So the rest no choice have to work harder to earn more money.

Another group of people place more emphasis on non material satisfaction. This group is happily enjoying lives regardless of economy. I admire this group of people.