Thread: Is CPF really offering better retirement ?

Default Is CPF really offering better retirement ?

Garment keep emphasising in the papers cpf help ppl in retirement, hear that a million times but have yet to see how it helps in any way. Cpf interest rates consistently lower than inflation, so what saving for retirement are they talking about ?

For a person who know age 55 he will go Batam then CPF is good for him.

they will help to make sure you got sufficient monthly $$ payout to live when you get old..

that is what their plan..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

If a person got terminal illness at 45 with half a million in cpf n no insurance , he won't smell his retirement money even till the day he dies

CPF is really a big shame ... if you ask me, the return of CPF OA must peg to inflation rate, not a joking legislative min of 2.5%

And the scholars who proposed to peg CPF RA/SA rate to 10ySGS yield +1 should be hanged

The CPFIS also is complete failure ... they don't even allow CPF SA IS to buy STI ETF
    Ride at your own risk !!!

i am wondering what the opposition doing in parliament? How come they never raise such an important point?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    CPF is really a big shame ... if you ask me, the return of CPF OA must peg to inflation rate, not a joking legislative min of 2.5%

And the scholars who proposed to peg CPF RA/SA rate to 10ySGS yield +1 should be hanged

The CPFIS also is complete failure ... they don't even allow CPF SA IS to buy STI ETF

coz they all already emptied their cpf all into property and mm liao lor

Plus eg mm so hot, tell u all dont buy... Then own self go n buy...

people buy pty with cpf good for gahmen so gahmen can save on that 2.5% interest

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    coz they all already emptied their cpf all into property and mm liao lor

Plus eg mm so hot, tell u all dont buy... Then own self go n buy...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

We all know super long term investment must have equity components. 10YGSG +1 looks very silly.

Once again, please change your stand to the policy maker's angle (like I always track COE seller's REVENUE), suddenly things start to make sense:

On one hand, you "borrow" the cheap fund of 10YGSG +1 (bond is borrow),
    on the other hand, you invest the money into STI ETF component stocks (SIA, DBS, etc),
    it is easy money to make the spread.
    That's why the more CPF the better, just wait for the minimum sum to increase again.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    We all know super long term investment must have equity components. 10YGSG +1 looks very silly.

Once again, please change your stand to the policy maker's angle (like I always track COE seller's REVENUE), suddenly things start to make sense:

On one hand, you "borrow" the cheap fund of 10YGSG +1 (bond is borrow),
    on the other hand, you invest the money into STI ETF component stocks (SIA, DBS, etc),
    it is easy money to make the spread.
    That's why the more CPF the better, just wait for the minimum sum to increase again.

Thanks,
    Richard
    There is no surprise on the increase of minimum sum, we are all season liao
    Basically no Singaporean will be able to withdraw out the CPF when he/she is still alive or still staying in SG
    Will just need to pray and hope our Hammer will get stronger in the next election, so we can withdraw much more out from the CPF.

CHEERS

I am not against a national pension plan.
    I am against the way CPF puts all the money into bond (or at least the return is linked to bond only).

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by DPan
    There is no surprise on the increase of minimum sum, we are all season liao
    Basically no Singaporean will be able to withdraw out the CPF when he/she is still alive or still staying in SG
    Will just need to pray and hope our Hammer will get stronger in the next election, so we can withdraw much more out from the CPF.

CHEERS
    If hammers gets stronger, it is prudent to sell all Singapore properties and stocks and pull out of Singapore. Last election lost a minister and a few minister of states. And pap have to probably replace with second tier replacements. If more hammers come in, more ministers lost and will be highly disruptive. Ur future ur choice. If u think singapore is unfallable, think again, don't play play with fire.

Putting all pension fund into one single asset class (gov bond) is simply NOT professional.
    It has to be linked to a dynamic mix of bond, equity, gold and even real estate.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    If hammers gets stronger, it is prudent to sell all Singapore properties and stocks and pull out of Singapore. Last election lost a minister and a few minister of states. And pap have to probably replace with second tier replacements. If more hammers come in, more ministers lost and will be highly disruptive. Ur future ur choice. If u think singapore is unfallable, think again, don't play play with fire.
    Thanks for reminding me, bro. I better have exit plan

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    Thanks for reminding me, bro. I better have exit plan
    Bro, why u think I bot Melbourne prop??

I testing overseas to see the intricacy, diverse slowly into London, etc.... So if any shit comes. At least i have a house outside .... Hahahaha

It's quite scary... Black swan.... I doubt will happen but better safe than sorri.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, why u think I bot Melbourne prop??

I testing overseas to see the intricacy, diverse slowly into London, etc.... So if any shit comes. At least i have a house outside .... Hahahaha

It's quite scary... Black swan.... I doubt will happen but better safe than sorri.
    wa, bro!!
    good strategy.
    thx for sharing.
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

i no money.... maybe 'diversify' into msia oni lol