Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Over? New Property Cooling Measures Restrict Mortgages

Quote Originally Posted by seletar
    With the poor economic climate, the big increase in supply of new non-landed private property and the tightening of foreign manpower, rental yield could plunge in the coming years. And this could lead to shrinking demand and a price correction for non-landed private resale homes. Transaction volume from Jan-Oct 2012 had already dropped 10.2% from the same period last year.
    make sense..

more competitive rental rate for the years to come
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, did u try other banks? With 40% ltv can loan to 70 or 75 depending on bank.
    I have outstanding loan of HDB 100k, 2 Bedroom 1,000,000 and 3 Bedroom 750,000 with a salary of $44,000 a year. You mean there are Bank who can still loan me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    I have outstanding loan of HDB 100k, 2 Bedroom 1,000,000 and 3 Bedroom 750,000 with a salary of $44,000 a year. You mean there are Bank who can still loan me.
    yes, if u can prove u have $'m in cash

I can 10 years later.

by then u mabbe borrow max 10yrs

aiya every time the news come out yield drop yield drop. in the end price still cheong. based on today's buy in price of coz yield sux la zzzzz

Have you sold SB? Have people offering $1.8 million.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Nope. I will sell if someone offer 1.8 to me. Was thinking of selling my 5 room and buy a 1 bedroom at Sky Green.

Thought you were only looking at 1.5xxmil previously. I am sure it has passed that offer price now. Why buy sky green?
    Nope. I will sell if someone offer 1.8 to me. Was thinking of selling my 5 room and buy a 1 bedroom at Sky Green.

sell and retire liao

might also use for passive income, actually...
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

I was thinking of selling my 5 room HDB for 535,000 in 2006.

Then in 2012 I was thinking of selling my 5 room for 650,000.

Then I start to do some math.

$2400x12=28,800

rental yield = 4.43%

Then I think my 5 room worth more than 650,000.

Same goes to SB.

Thought you were only looking at 1.5xxmil previously. I am sure it has passed that offer price now. Why buy sky green?
    Looking for retirement home, need to be small.

Also only project with sky garden. Most with penthouse on the top floor.

Properties seem to be going the way like Gold - People buy as a store of value & heck care yield because if there is positive yield, properties better than gold which has negative yield.

Quote Originally Posted by seletar
    With the poor economic climate, the big increase in supply of new non-landed private property and the tightening of foreign manpower, rental yield could plunge in the coming years. And this could lead to shrinking demand and a price correction for non-landed private resale homes. Transaction volume from Jan-Oct 2012 had already dropped 10.2% from the same period last year.

http://www.todayonline.com/Business/...ivate-property

Rental yield falls for non-landed private property

Updated 08:06 PM Nov 10, 2012

SINGAPORE - The rental yield for non-landed private property went down by 0.2 percentage points in the last 10 months, compared to the same period last year.

According to statistics from the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX), this brings the rental yield to 4.03 per cent.

This is even though average rental rose by two per cent in the first 10 months, to reach about S$3.80 per square foot. In October alone, the average monthly rental was about S$3.89 per square foot.

Analysts said this is due to rental being unable to catch up with rising property prices.

With more private properties expected to be completed next year and the Government's tightening of foreign manpower, analysts said rental yield will continue to fall. This as the economy slows and demand for private property decreases.

The rental yield for October alone was 3.87 per cent and analysts expect it to dip to 3.5 per cent in June next year.

CHANNEL NEWSASIA

In Singapore land will be cheaper because they built Billion dollar project on island.

Construction cost is getting cheaper because they try to increase productivity and eat less.

Material cost is getting cheaper because they can source outside the small island.

Conclusion property price in the small island will be cheaper, Right or Wrong time will tell.

Developer will say construction cost is going up but use cheaper material like glass for partition or dry wall to replace labour intensive blockwall like in the recent project by dragage. Sound, strength and durability of such dry wall is much poorer but owners still pay over $12xxpsf. Developer make more profit.
    In Singapore land will be cheaper because they built Billion dollar project on island.

Construction cost is getting cheaper because they try to increase productivity and eat less.

Material cost is getting cheaper because they can source outside the small island.

Conclusion property price in the small island will be cheaper, Right or Wrong time will tell.

Bro, did u include in rental income? They look at IR 8A leh. How many bank u tried?

If u tried all, I nothing to say.

Developer will say construction cost is going up but use cheaper material like glass for partition or dry wall to replace labour intensive blockwall like in the recent project by dragage. Sound, strength and durability of such dry wall is much poorer but owners still pay over $12xxpsf. Developer make more profit.
    yea lor...

can squeeze $ out... will sure do it until nothng left

huh?

land will be cheaper? had never happened... ok there's a couple of dips in crisis but it came back stronger.... Will a person holding land ever sell it for less than his neighbour?

Construction cost is getting cheaper... construction cost is dependent on labour cost, supply of foreign labour is controlled by government. with all the complaints but foreigners, the supply can only get tighter. Improvements in productivity is only to reduce reliance on foreign labour, but it not cheaper, otherwise, the contractors would have done it already without the government pushing for it.

Material cost getting cheaper because it's sourced outside.... it's already sourced outside... that's part of the problem... remember the sand embargo from first malaysia, then indonesia and who knows where else?

How can it get cheaper????

Bro, I think he being sarcastic. Take it w a pinch of salt.

Don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    The tone of this writer is SO SO SO MTB.... I was expecting a better write up , with some concrete analysis. Nope. This is just another kbkb complaint.

NEXT year onwards if nothing serious from US will be a year of commercial proeprty bull RUN !!!! now commercial is at the stage of yr 2010 residential property stage...MARK my words

wa lau a... With such loan and salary still want to continue to play game,
    you r surely not simple. must have some hidden blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    wa lau a... With such loan and salary still want to continue to play game,
    you r surely not simple. must have some hidden blackjack
    Maybe got the 2 Spade for Chua Tai Di !

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Don't understand
    Lots of people tell me Singapore property will be cheaper in future, I also don't understand.

One of my colleague sold his HDB and wait for Singapore property price to fall????? He told me I don't understand what goes up will come down.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, did u include in rental income? They look at IR 8A leh. How many bank u tried?

If u tried all, I nothing to say.
    In 2010, so long you pay 40% don't need to see IR8A.

In 2012, 40% also can get loan for only 6 years.

All the bank belong to MAS, sing the same song.

In 2010, so long you pay 40% don't need to see IR8A.

In 2012, 40% also can get loan for only 6 years.

All the bank belong to MAS, sing the same song.
    For extension of loan, u need to down 60%. Banks can loan to 70/75 depending on bank.

Default Autumn in France 2012.

Lots of people tell me Singapore property will be cheaper in future, I also don't understand.

One of my colleague sold his HDB and wait for Singapore property price to fall????? He told me I don't understand what goes up will come down.
    Aiyo! Don't anyhow sold away your roof over his head leh..
    I do understand what goes up will come down.. Last time the 5-rm from $100k went up to $500k today.. Tell your friend to wait for the same 5-rm come down back to $100k.. So this is called "what goes up must come down" rite!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Aiyo! Don't anyhow sold away your roof over his head leh..
    I do understand what goes up will come down.. Last time the 5-rm from $100k went up to $500k today.. Tell your friend to wait for the same 5-rm come down back to $100k.. So this is called "what goes up must come down" rite!!
    I try and he say I don't understand???????

The "what goes up will come down" theory has a very fundamental assumption. That money is the same today and next year.

But if I tell you money is flooding the market now and people are getting obscenely rich nowadays due to property prices increasing in the last few years and the fact that US, Japan, Europe are all creating money EVERY MONTH, you will realise very very soon that $$500K in 2006 is probably worth $300K now.

My Office people call this INFLATION!

DKSG